|Price:||$18.70 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. FREE Returns. Details|
|You Save:||$1.29 (6%)|
- Nylon Spandex
- Made in US
- Moisture Wicking and Ultimate Comfort: The calf / shin compression sleeve is moisture wicking, ensuring it stays dry and lightweight even during the toughest runs and workouts. The shin compression sleeve is made with innovative Zensah fabric, which is anti-odor and ultra-breathable. A seamless design means no irritating tags or seams to cause discomfort.
- Shin Splint Relief: The Zensah Calf / Shin Splint Compression Sleeve was designed by professional athletic trainers to specifically target shin splints. The v-shaped chevron ribbing on the front of the sleeve provides the same relief as kinesiology tape without having to worry about being "taped up" by a trainer. The compression in each pair of calf sleeves helps to stabilize muscles and prevent injuries. Whether suffering from shin splints due to running, playing basketball, or just everyday activities, the Zensah Calf Sleeve helps to provide much needed relief.
- Improved Circulation and Faster Muscle Recovery: The compression in each calf sleeve helps to improve venous return, increasing blood flow and circulation. This leads to faster muscle recovery time, as muscles receive more of the oxygenated blood they need to recover. Runners and all athletes are able to take their training to the next level.
- Calf Support and Injury Prevention: Micro-ribbing on the back of the calf sleeve provides calf support and helps to treat calf strains. Using the leg sleeves while running can reduce calf cramps and lessen fatigue. Pin-point compression provides targeted support where it is needed the most. The compression in the leg sleeve also helps to provide muscle stabilization, reducing micro tears and preventing injuries.
- SOLD AS A SINGLE SLEEVE: The Zensah Calf / Shin Splint Compression Sleeve is sold a single sleeve - meaning one sleeve per purchase
- Made in Canada
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Innovative training gear maker Zensah has developed a series of high-performance compression clothing using a proprietary knitting process and materials. The company's bestselling dual action shin sleeve treats shin splints and calf pulls, reducing the risk of injury and alleviating pain. The sleeve's front is designed to prevent shin splints by incorporating a ribbed chevron pattern to help support muscles in the shin area. The deep groove ribbing also helps increase blood circulation, getting oxygen to the muscles faster, while the back of the sleeve provides support of the calf and Achilles tendon with micro ribbing and vertical line which mimic the calf muscles.
Chevron ribbing, when aligned with the middle-front of your shin, reduces risk of shin splints and associated pain.
Graduated compression features the greatest amount of compression in the part of the garment farthest away from the heart, and the least amount compression in the part closest to the heart (for example, socks have more compression in the ankle and less in the calf). With graduated compression, veins' cross sectional area is decreased and a pressure gradient is created, which leads to physiological benefits including:
- Deoxygenated blood goes back to the heart faster as a result of improved venous return, thus enhancing blood circulation throughout the body
- Faster recovery following strenuous exercise and improved performance, by aiding in the removal of blood lactate
- Reduced blood lactate concentration during maximal exercise bouts, allowing for an increased lactic threshold for improved performance
- Enhanced warm-up via increases in skin temperature
- Reduced muscle oscillation and vibration upon ground contact, providing stability to the muscle to help prevent micro-trauma, making for a faster and easier recovery
- Reduced effects of delayed onset muscle soreness in the days following strenuous exercise through alleviating swelling and inflammation
- Increased muscle support, which increases performance through improved muscle efficiency
- Improved leg power and vertical jump through enhanced proprioception
Based on the Italian word "senza," meaning "to be without," Zensah was created to help athletes at all levels improve their performance by utilizing unique, seamless sportswear designed to enhance performance and speed recovery. The company's innovative seamless design consists of a breathable, moisture-wicking fabric that draws sweat away from the body, allowing the garment and athlete to stay cool, dry, and light.
Zensah uses a special seamless knitting process for a fabric that is soft, breathlable and wicks moisture.
The Shin Splint/Calf Compression Sleeve are also valuable recovery aids since the more oxygen the muscles receive, the faster they recovery allowing athletes to push the envelope in their training. The Zensah Calf/Shin sleeve is ideal for runners, cyclists and triathletes.
Sold in single units. Purchase two if you require a pair.
Compression Leg Sleeves Sizing
When choosing a size, calf size should be used as the primary determinant. Measure the calf at the widest point. We list height for those who do not know their calf size. If between two sizes, recommend sizing down.
|XS/S||9.5 to 12.5 inches||5 feet, 3 inches and below|
|S/M||12.5 to 15 inches||5 feet, 4 inches to 5 feet, 10 inches|
|L/XL||15 inches and up||5 feet, 11 inches and up|
- Product Dimensions: 3.9 x 0.7 x 5.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B005LZVHCE
- Item model number: 6045
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 18, 2010
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
I would absolutely recommend these to anyone who suffers from shin splints and has not found that rest/ice/PT has helped.
And guess what? They worked. They SO TOTALLY worked for her. It's amazing, really. She barely even complains about her shins now. She wears the sleeves during training sessions and games (sometimes she has two sports back to back) and for 20-30 minutes afterwards. We haven't been icing her as much but we still massage her and the muscles are finally getting back to normal. She no longer hobbles like her grandma after athletics, yay!Read more ›
To test how well this product works, I decided to go for a run with just the one on my right leg, and my left leg without. The product really worked well! I noticed my right leg felt much better throughout the run, while my left leg started to feel some pain around the usual time it does. Of course, this product won't completely eliminate the pain, but I would be able to extend my runs MUCH further with this product. Great for running.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have a bulled/torn calf and makes it virtually impossible to run any sort of distance. Now that I have this calf sleeve I can run with minimal calf pain " and I was quite... Read morePublished 5 days ago by Jonathan T.
I'm in between sizes (I'm a female - posting under my husband's account, 5'9" with a 15.5cm calf) - It doesn't provide as much compression as I'd like, but if I went a size... Read morePublished 10 days ago by Matthew Horowitz
Purchased these for my son to play college football to help with shin splints seem to be helpful.Published 17 days ago by karen kaizen
It feels great, a little bit long for my leg though. I also didn't realize it's a single item not a pair, now I have to order another one.Published 24 days ago by Amazon Customer
I strained my calf several weeks ago while training for a marathon. I had been unable to train much since then. Read more
I bought a large as my calf was on the cusp of a large/extra large (beefy calves). These fit tightly, do not roll down and are very comfortable. Read morePublished 1 month ago by mcgman