Zensah Calf/Shin Splint Compression Sleeve - Treat Shin Splints and Calf Strains - Compression Sleeve for Running, Basketball, Tennis, Hiking and Jogging - Shin Compression Sleeve (SINGLE SLEEVE)
|Price:||$10.99 - $36.57|
- 90% Nylon 10% Spandex
- Anti-microbial, wicking and breathable seamless knit fabric
- Shin Splint Relief: The Zensah Calf / Shin Splint Compression Sleeve was designed by professional athletic trainers to specifically target shin splints. The v-shaped chevron ribbing on the front of the sleeve provides the same relief as kinesiology tape without having to worry about being “taped up” by a trainer. The compression in each pair of calf sleeves helps to stabilize muscles and prevent injuries. Whether suffering from shin splints due to running, playing basketball, or just everyday activities, the Zensah Calf Sleeve helps to provide much needed relief.
- Moisture Wicking and Ultimate Comfort: The calf / shin compression sleeve is moisture wicking, ensuring it stays dry and lightweight even during the toughest runs and workouts. The shin compression sleeve is made with innovative Zensah fabric, which is anti-odor and ultra-breathable. A seamless design means no irritating tags or seams to cause discomfort.
- Improved Circulation and Faster Muscle Recovery: The compression in each calf sleeve helps to improve venous return, increasing blood flow and circulation. This leads to faster muscle recovery time, as muscles receive more of the oxygenated blood they need to recover. Runners and all athletes are able to take their training to the next level.
- Calf Support and Injury Prevention: Micro-ribbing on the back of the calf sleeve provides calf support and helps to treat calf strains. Using the leg sleeves while running can reduce calf cramps and lessen fatigue. Pin-point compression provides targeted support where it is needed the most. The compression in the leg sleeve also helps to provide muscle stabilization, reducing micro tears and preventing injuries.
- SOLD AS A SINGLE SLEEVE: The Zensah Calf / Shin Splint Compression Sleeve is sold a single sleeve - meaning one sleeve per purchase
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Innovative training gear maker Zensah has developed a series of high-performance compression clothing using a proprietary knitting process and materials. The company's bestselling dual action shin sleeve treats shin splints and calf pulls, reducing the risk of injury and alleviating pain. The sleeve's front is designed to prevent shin splints by incorporating a ribbed chevron pattern to help support muscles in the shin area. The deep groove ribbing also helps increase blood circulation, getting oxygen to the muscles faster, while the back of the sleeve provides support of the calf and Achilles tendon with micro ribbing and vertical line which mimic the calf muscles.
Chevron ribbing, when aligned with the middle-front of your shin, reduces risk of shin splints and associated pain.
Graduated compression features the greatest amount of compression in the part of the garment farthest away from the heart, and the least amount compression in the part closest to the heart (for example, socks have more compression in the ankle and less in the calf). With graduated compression, veins' cross sectional area is decreased and a pressure gradient is created, which leads to physiological benefits including:
- Deoxygenated blood goes back to the heart faster as a result of improved venous return, thus enhancing blood circulation throughout the body
- Faster recovery following strenuous exercise and improved performance, by aiding in the removal of blood lactate
- Reduced blood lactate concentration during maximal exercise bouts, allowing for an increased lactic threshold for improved performance
- Enhanced warm-up via increases in skin temperature
- Reduced muscle oscillation and vibration upon ground contact, providing stability to the muscle to help prevent micro-trauma, making for a faster and easier recovery
- Reduced effects of delayed onset muscle soreness in the days following strenuous exercise through alleviating swelling and inflammation
- Increased muscle support, which increases performance through improved muscle efficiency
- Improved leg power and vertical jump through enhanced proprioception
Based on the Italian word "senza," meaning "to be without," Zensah was created to help athletes at all levels improve their performance by utilizing unique, seamless sportswear designed to enhance performance and speed recovery. The company's innovative seamless design consists of a breathable, moisture-wicking fabric that draws sweat away from the body, allowing the garment and athlete to stay cool, dry, and light.
Zensah uses a special seamless knitting process for a fabric that is soft, breathlable and wicks moisture.
The Shin Splint/Calf Compression Sleeve are also valuable recovery aids since the more oxygen the muscles receive, the faster they recovery allowing athletes to push the envelope in their training. The Zensah Calf/Shin sleeve is ideal for runners, cyclists and triathletes.
Sold in single units. Purchase two if you require a pair.
Compression Leg Sleeves Sizing
When choosing a size, calf size should be used as the primary determinant. Measure the calf at the widest point. We list height for those who do not know their calf size. If between two sizes, recommend sizing down.
|XS/S||9.5 to 12.5 inches||5 feet, 3 inches and below|
|S/M||12.5 to 15 inches||5 feet, 4 inches to 5 feet, 10 inches|
|L/XL||15 inches and up||5 feet, 11 inches and up|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I noticed in my second week that I was getting mild shin splints. Nothing too bad. At the time, I was running only three miles at a time. By my fourth training week, when the runs were up to six and seven miles, the pain was far worse. My last run before the sleeves was 0.2 miles and I limped back home. I couldn't even stand up! Keep in mind, I took an entire week off to let my pain settle down.
I ordered these on a whim and hoped they would help. I paid for overnight shipping so I didn't interrupt my training. So, two days later when my sleeves were in, I put them on and ran my scheduled eight miles. Not a single pain in my shin. Also, I ran up some hills that run. Not only did these sleeves alleviate my shin splints, but my calves didn't even burn running up and down the hills. I took my shower in them and wore them for another three to four hours after the shower. They help with my recovery and I was able to run the next day with no pains.
Keep in mind they come one to a 'pair,' but it is worth every single penny. They are pretty durable and built with quality. I read they should last about four to six months. If that is the case, then that is one hell of a bargain considering how much running I will be doing in them. I also bought their knee sleeve as well. My knee stiffens up when I drive and my leg is extended on the pedals.
I have two in yellow, two in green, two hot pink ones, two black and two navy ones, and one purple one. Amazon sells them as pairs and as singles. Check prices on both, sometimes a color will be reduced priced on the singles or on the pairs... When I wear my tie dye shirts to ride, I wear two different colors at once, a color per calf, to go with my tie dye shirts and my regular shorts! I purchased the Sm/Med which are perfect, (see the sizing), it is accurate! They hold my legs firmly, keep legs from aching, help my feet too, and make my ankles look skinny like they used to! I wear them all day every day, not just to cycle and even when like right now, when I am on the computer with my legs propped up on a stool under computer desk. I am wearing them about 15 hours a day, but do not wear them to sleep.I had pitted edema something terrible in my lower legs and ankles for years, but no more.I really am amazed my ankles are small again!!!
I also havent had nightly leg cramps (sometimes I have them so badly that I get like 5 going at once, two in thighs, two in calves and one in foot, all at once and they last maybe 7 or 8 minutes so are worse than labor pains... and it often is multiple times a night like this....)I dont know if it is the Zensah's but I think it may possibly be, that I havent awakened at night with leg cramps in last three months a single time..of course I am hydrating more too, that helps cut down on the leg cramps... Try the Zensahs- they come in awesome colors and feel so good on your legs... I think you will be very pleased! :-) As soon as I got my pink ones in , I immediately ordered the other colors... I wish I could have ALL the colors, but they are just too expensive! But worth their price!!! Worth it! You cant go wrong with these!