- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B005LZVM2Y
- Item model number: 6045
- Average Customer Review: 839 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #9,827 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
Zensah Calf / Shin Splint Compression Sleeve - Treat Shin Splints and Calf Strains - Compression Sleeve for Running, Basketball, Tennis, Hiking and Jogging - Shin Compression Sleeve (SINGLE SLEEVE)
|Price:||$14.00 - $99.00|
- 90% Nylon 10% Spandex
- Anti-microbial, wicking and breathable seamless knit fabric
- Shin Splint Relief: The Zensah Calf / Shin Splint Compression Sleeve was designed by professional athletic trainers to specifically target shin splints. The v-shaped chevron ribbing on the front of the sleeve provides the same relief as kinesiology tape without having to worry about being “taped up” by a trainer. The compression in each pair of calf sleeves helps to stabilize muscles and prevent injuries. Whether suffering from shin splints due to running, playing basketball, or just everyday activities, the Zensah Calf Sleeve helps to provide much needed relief.
- Moisture Wicking and Ultimate Comfort: The calf / shin compression sleeve is moisture wicking, ensuring it stays dry and lightweight even during the toughest runs and workouts. The shin compression sleeve is made with innovative Zensah fabric, which is anti-odor and ultra-breathable. A seamless design means no irritating tags or seams to cause discomfort.
- Improved Circulation and Faster Muscle Recovery: The compression in each calf sleeve helps to improve venous return, increasing blood flow and circulation. This leads to faster muscle recovery time, as muscles receive more of the oxygenated blood they need to recover. Runners and all athletes are able to take their training to the next level.
- Calf Support and Injury Prevention: Micro-ribbing on the back of the calf sleeve provides calf support and helps to treat calf strains. Using the leg sleeves while running can reduce calf cramps and lessen fatigue. Pin-point compression provides targeted support where it is needed the most. The compression in the leg sleeve also helps to provide muscle stabilization, reducing micro tears and preventing injuries.
- SOLD AS A SINGLE SLEEVE: The Zensah Calf / Shin Splint Compression Sleeve is sold a single sleeve - meaning one sleeve per purchase
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Innovative training gear maker Zensah has developed a series of high-performance compression clothing using a proprietary knitting process and materials. The company's bestselling dual action shin sleeve treats shin splints and calf pulls, reducing the risk of injury and alleviating pain. The sleeve's front is designed to prevent shin splints by incorporating a ribbed chevron pattern to help support muscles in the shin area. The deep groove ribbing also helps increase blood circulation, getting oxygen to the muscles faster, while the back of the sleeve provides support of the calf and Achilles tendon with micro ribbing and vertical line which mimic the calf muscles.
Chevron ribbing, when aligned with the middle-front of your shin, reduces risk of shin splints and associated pain.
Graduated compression features the greatest amount of compression in the part of the garment farthest away from the heart, and the least amount compression in the part closest to the heart (for example, socks have more compression in the ankle and less in the calf). With graduated compression, veins' cross sectional area is decreased and a pressure gradient is created, which leads to physiological benefits including:
- Deoxygenated blood goes back to the heart faster as a result of improved venous return, thus enhancing blood circulation throughout the body
- Faster recovery following strenuous exercise and improved performance, by aiding in the removal of blood lactate
- Reduced blood lactate concentration during maximal exercise bouts, allowing for an increased lactic threshold for improved performance
- Enhanced warm-up via increases in skin temperature
- Reduced muscle oscillation and vibration upon ground contact, providing stability to the muscle to help prevent micro-trauma, making for a faster and easier recovery
- Reduced effects of delayed onset muscle soreness in the days following strenuous exercise through alleviating swelling and inflammation
- Increased muscle support, which increases performance through improved muscle efficiency
- Improved leg power and vertical jump through enhanced proprioception
Based on the Italian word "senza," meaning "to be without," Zensah was created to help athletes at all levels improve their performance by utilizing unique, seamless sportswear designed to enhance performance and speed recovery. The company's innovative seamless design consists of a breathable, moisture-wicking fabric that draws sweat away from the body, allowing the garment and athlete to stay cool, dry, and light.
Zensah uses a special seamless knitting process for a fabric that is soft, breathlable and wicks moisture.
The Shin Splint/Calf Compression Sleeve are also valuable recovery aids since the more oxygen the muscles receive, the faster they recovery allowing athletes to push the envelope in their training. The Zensah Calf/Shin sleeve is ideal for runners, cyclists and triathletes.
Sold in single units. Purchase two if you require a pair.
Compression Leg Sleeves Sizing
When choosing a size, calf size should be used as the primary determinant. Measure the calf at the widest point. We list height for those who do not know their calf size. If between two sizes, recommend sizing down.
|XS/S||9.5 to 12.5 inches||5 feet, 3 inches and below|
|S/M||12.5 to 15 inches||5 feet, 4 inches to 5 feet, 10 inches|
|L/XL||15 inches and up||5 feet, 11 inches and up|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I recommend these over the socks because I think reusing socks without washing them is gross, but I don't really have a problem with wearing these 2-3 times before I wash them. I'm gross, I know, but you probably are too so it's OK :)
I noticed in my second week that I was getting mild shin splints. Nothing too bad. At the time, I was running only three miles at a time. By my fourth training week, when the runs were up to six and seven miles, the pain was far worse. My last run before the sleeves was 0.2 miles and I limped back home. I couldn't even stand up! Keep in mind, I took an entire week off to let my pain settle down.
I ordered these on a whim and hoped they would help. I paid for overnight shipping so I didn't interrupt my training. So, two days later when my sleeves were in, I put them on and ran my scheduled eight miles. Not a single pain in my shin. Also, I ran up some hills that run. Not only did these sleeves alleviate my shin splints, but my calves didn't even burn running up and down the hills. I took my shower in them and wore them for another three to four hours after the shower. They help with my recovery and I was able to run the next day with no pains.
Keep in mind they come one to a 'pair,' but it is worth every single penny. They are pretty durable and built with quality. I read they should last about four to six months. If that is the case, then that is one hell of a bargain considering how much running I will be doing in them. I also bought their knee sleeve as well. My knee stiffens up when I drive and my leg is extended on the pedals.