Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves, Navy, Large/X-Large
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Size: Large/X-Large|Color: Navy|Change

on January 7, 2013
I use these as varicose vein prevention during my long shifts as a nurse. They leave my legs feeling very good after 12 hours on me feet. Color is vibrant. I have noticed NO fading.
11 comment| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2009
I'm relatively new to running and found I would sometimes be sore the next day. My calves would be a little tired feeling after a run. Sometimes there would be shin pain, not splints exactly, but something uncomfortable. I'd read about compression sleeves for the shins as a possible cure and got these hoping they'd do SOME good.

They surpassed my expectations in every way.

I ran this morning and hours later I feel as fresh as if I hadn't run at all. I put the Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves on right after I'm done running and wear them for the rest of the day. I've heard of people sleeping in them, and they're certainly comfortable enough to. I just haven't. My shin pains are gone. My calves are ready to run much more quickly than before. It reduced recovery time dramatically.

I wasn't prepared for how well they would work. I thought maybe I hadn't run as far or as fast but that wasn't the case at all. I'm getting a second pair because I think I'll be able to run more frequently and well, I'm not doing laundry EVERY day and I'll want to wear these more often than I'm willing to wash them. They're machine washable and they dry really quickly hanging to dry. I haven't dried them in the dryer. I'm nervous they'll shrink or I'll ruin them. I'm a convert.
66 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2015
I had a white pair that I wore for several runs per week and finally just replaced them with a brand new pair. My physical therapist recommended this product as an alternative to KT tape, which can become expensive and time-consuming to apply every time I run (I'm a girl, so I don't like leaving KT tape on more than 24 hours because I like to shave my legs). In the beginning, while still in PT for severe shin splints with all sorts of nasty scar tissue, I actually wore these sleeves under my pants to work and whatnot. I went with the Kelly (hehe) Green simply because they were the least expensive but the color is really bold and makes wearing somewhat-embarrassing leg sleeves a little more fun. The color is not as subdued as they appear here, but a true Kelly Green. As for sizing, I have enormous 16-inch calves at their widest, and the S/M fits great. Doesn't cut off circulation but snug enough to provide excellent support.
review image review image
on August 28, 2011
This is a great product! I bought this for shin splints and it will help you a lot more than you think. I also bought the CEP brand and these are better:

The CEP sleeves have more compression, but dont pin point as well and therefore dont prevent the pain as well as the Zensah!
Also the CEP have more space between the fibers of the fabric yet they are still hotter, and the mosquitos can still bite though. The Zensah stops mosquitoes and are much cooler (Temp wise). CEP and Zensah are both great, but for shin splints I can say without a doubt Zensah is better!
11 comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2013
I purchased these compression sleaves a couple months ago due to some pain I was having in my calfs on a regular basis while running. I had never used compression sleeves and figured I would give them a shot. I began wearing them immediately and wore them for 90 percent of my runs. I purchased the large/x-large size and I am 5'11". They extend from just below my knee nearly all the way to my ankle. The compression and fit seem pretty good, but maybe slightly big. Since my calf size and height are right on the edge of the two sizes I opted to go with the bigger size. I would say that the compression did help my calf problem to a degree, but I began to develop another problem just below my achillies tendon on the opposite leg. In my 8 years of running I have never experience an achillies problem and am really unable to identify any other changes in my habits that would have led to this injury other than the compression sleeves. The bottom of each sleeve has a fold in the material and is slightly thicker with a stronger elastic in it. I have a suspision that the extra compression right around my achillies has aggrivated this part of my foot. I'm no expert on the matter but I think the extra elastic and roll of material could be eliminated to provide less compression right around the achillies. I am a veteran of 10 marathons and countless other races. I average 1200-1800 miles per year. I am an experience runner for whatever it's worth. I would recommend this product with a couple of cautions: If you are on the border of a size I would go down instead of up in size and be extremely careful with the area around the achillies. If you begin to feel any discomfort at all stop using the sleeve immediately.
33 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2014
I work out, both running and other stuff, and wear these for much of it. I did an experiment after reading some articles about how you should recover "naturally" so I went a few months without and it was tough. I started wearing these again and it was like night and day. I'm on the older side of a half century, and while if I were younger I might be able to learn how to recover faster without artificial aid, I don't have time or energy for that now, so I am wearing them while I train.

Obviously, YMMV!

[photo: Nordic Walking on Snow with Compression Sleeves, Yellow]
review image
on August 16, 2012
I severly injured the shin muscles in my left leg in 2005 by being a stupid runner. Overuse with no rest days, not properly stretching, not replacing my shoes as I should...

Physical therapy healed me as best as it could, but my shin would still bother me. I gave up running for good in 2008 and switched to "traditional machine" cardio (elliptical, rower, etc.) until last year, when I became tired of icing my leg every day and being in pain. Now I swim and usually don't have shin pain from my workouts. However, if I am on my feet for too long (I stand for a good portion of the day at my job) or go up and down hills or stairs (I lived on the third floor of my apartment building for the last two years; I moved to a ground floor unit two months ago) my shin let me know its displeasure.

I actually had been in slight pain daily ever since the move (I packed most of my things myself and carried many items up and down the steps) and decided to try these sleeves. Even though it's usually only my left leg that bothers me, I figured wearing one on my right leg won't hurt anything.

I've had them a week and WOW what a difference!! No more pain! I put them on after my swimming workout and wear them while I stretch, and then for the next half-hour as I drive home, put away my gym items, and drink my protein shake breakfast. I then put them back on again once I get to work.

I've noticed, first and foremost, my leg doesn't hurt anymore! These have helped more than Advil and ice therapy. I haven't even needed Advil or my ice canister since I've been wearing these. On top of that, my legs feel fresher, and I seem to have more energy and more spring to my step. I bought a second pair so I can keep one in my gym bag and one in my work tote.

They are very comfortable to wear, not hot or itchy at all. I barely even notice they are on. If anything, it feels like my legs are being gently massaged.

I am 5 feet 5 inches tall and wear a size 6 pant, but I have muscular legs. According to the size chart, I was on the border between the x-small/small and the small/medium. I ordered both, and the small/medium size fit, whereas the x-small/small would barely go over my foot and ankle. If you have muscular legs or are on the border between sizes, I would encourage you to go up a size.

If you have any type of shin pain, I highly recommend these! I wish I had discovered them in 2005. They could have saved me years of pain!
on May 8, 2015
I ordered size small. I'm petite with most of my height in my torso, so these go from the bottom of my knees down to the start of my ankles. My shin/calf pain was delayed by 10 minutes and went away after 5 minutes. I added a whole extra mile into my walk and felt great! I even made dinner with them still on. The next day, I wasn't sore.
review image
on December 15, 2013
I gave these compression sleeves four stars because I am 5'9 and my calves are 15 inches. So I got the small/medium size. The fit in diameter is good, but the length could be about an inch longer. The small/medium is suppose to fit someone 5'4 to 5'10 with calf size 12.5" to 15". I wear them at work because I stand most of the time. I have to pull them up two to three times a day. If they were longer I think they would stay up better. But overall they are a good product. Maybe having a women size and a ( man size , an inch longer )would insure a better fit. ( HAND WASH AND AIR DRY!!!! ).
on November 13, 2013
This is my second pair. Just the right compression . I have vaticose veins and walk on flooring 12hours a day. Couldn't be without them. I believe they cut down on my leg fatigue . I wash them once in while in cold water I reccommend a few pair since they do stretch a little bit over time.