|Item Package Dimensions L x W x H||6.6 x 4.5 x 1.9 inches|
|Package Weight||0.16 Kilograms|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||6.6 x 4.5 x 1.9 inches|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer||Zepp Labs - Team Sports|
|Included Components||Zepp 2 Sensor, Charger, Bat Mount|
Zepp Baseball-Softball 2 3D Swing Analyzer (Discontinued by The Manufacturer)
- 3D swing analysis measures the most important aspects of your swing; bat speed, hand speed, time-to-impact, Attack angle and more
- Instant evaluations help you see where you can improve the most and focus your training
- Smart coach offers personalized training programs, based on your data, from Pro players and coaches to make you a better player faster
- Replay and review your swing in 360 degree from any angle. Record your swing in HD video and compare directly to the pros
- Manage your entire team using the Zepp coaching features
From the manufacturer
ZEPP BASEBALL-SOFTBALL 2
Measure the most important aspects of your swing: bat speed, hand speed, attack angle, time-to-impact, and bat angle. Then review your swing in 3D from any angle. Zepp’s Auto-Video Capture will even record your swing so you can compare your data with video of your actual swing.
Receive instant analysis and evaluations that help you focus your training. Just take a few quick swings Zepp will process thousands of data points to identify the right training program, just for you. Then Test your swing too see how much you’ve improved and where you should focus you training next.
Personalized training programs, based on your data, from Pro Players and coaches will make you a better player faster. Smart Coach eliminates the guessing and identifies where your swing can improve the most. Track your improvement in real-time and easily share your progress with the world.
ZEPP FOR COACHES
Not only is the Zepp the most powerful tool for players, it also has been adopted by the best coaches in the game. Manage your players, track their improvement over time, and show them their swing like never before. Add some horsepower to your coaching and connect your team with Zepp.
Zepp baseball-softball 2 is the next generation of the worlds most powerful swing analyzer. With new Smart features designed to personalize your training, you can improve your game faster than ever. Just attach the sensor and let Zepp help you become the player you ASPIRE to be.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Go to Google, and search for "Zepp Coach Bundle"
This will lead you to a place directly on Zepp's website where you can purchase the Zepp Sensor, 5 bat mounts, and a flexible clamp style mount for just $150! If you do the math, you'll see that that is clearly the better deal for the extra bat mounts alone. Both of my kids have multiple bats, so this saves a lot of effort of removing the mounts. I honestly didn't care for the clamp mount that came with it, and see no usability for it, but others might.
Pretty awesome! I've been coaching my kids for years now, and no amount of me "telling" them what they were doing wrong had the same effect that the visual output this device provided. We have had multiple "Ah-ha" or "Ohhhh I see now" moments since using this device! Sure you can take videos of your kids, and use apps like Coaches Eye to slow-mo it, but the metrics this device provides are far beyond that! This shows your kids where their hands were through the swing, the angle of their bat, their speed, what the speed was when they actually made contact, at what point they made contact, and more. As if that's not enough, it provides hours of drills from known baseball/softball trainers! As with anything, this is not a miracle device. This is a training tool - yes, a TRAINING tool. Nothing takes place of practice, and using this device a couple of times will not make a better batter. Practice, with aids like this, will surely (and has) provided positive results.
If you are considering this or the Blast Motion, I have no metrics to provide on the Blast Motion as I didn't try that one out. However, I have a couple of friends who did get one and their complaints are this:
1. Hard to remove from the bat
2. Hard to use for multiple players
With the Zepp, even if you don't get multiple bat mounts, is not insanely difficult to remove from the bat. It's not coming off by itself by any means, but it is removable. If you do get multiple bat mounts, the sensor is EASILY moved between bats since it's on the outside of the bat mount. I have read where others claimed that the sensor has fallen out, and I don't know how they managed to do that. I have a 7 year old, a 10 year old, and myself using one sensor, we have done over 1000 swings, and not once has it fallen out, or even looked like it might fall out.
As far as players, this device allows to easily manage players. Although, I don't know what it would be like to set them up on the fly and on the device. I heeded other reviewers advice, and set my kids up online on a computer first. After that, switching between my kids using the same sensor was as simple as a drop down. I set my kids up with their own accounts, and tied to their devices. Through the SYNC capability, we can use any of our devices to track swings, and then review on any of our devices. So if my kid uses his device to track his swings, I can open Zepp on my phone and review his swings. Pretty cool!
The battery lasts quite awhile, and charging is simple. My only critique there is you cannot charge the sensor while it is in the bat mount as it won't make contact. In order to make that work, they would have to change the bat mount, which I would suspect might compromise how well the sensor is held in the mount. Anyways, the sensor is easily enough removed.
As far as player management, while you can record a players swings on any device, and review on any device, you cannot assign a training plan to a player except for on the device they are directly logged into. Yes, you can set swing goals and such, but the training plans that this offers based on the Analysis can only be set on the device they are logged into. So if you are logged into your device as the Coach, you can change between all of the players, capture their swings, set their goals, etc, and they can review that themselves back at their home on their device. But if you do an Analysis on your device as the Coach, it recommends a training plan from that Analysis, and if you set that as the training plan you will be setting your own training plan, not the player who just did the Analysis. If I were coaching a team that would kind of suck because I couldn't manage that for a player at practice who might actually have a Zepp at home. It would be nice to work with them at practice, do an Analysis, set their training plan, and when they get home they jump into Smart Coach and start working the drills from the training plan that I assigned them while we were at practice. Not a big deal as this information can be provided to parents so they can just manually assign it when they get home on their device, but would still be nice to get that implemented.
Apart from that, I have managed to fill up my devices storage with captured videos, and have found no way to retain the videos elsewhere for later review. However, our swings are normally reviewed after each practice, before each new practice, and then we don't review the "old" swings any longer after that. So really, I don't need to retain them. Still looking for a simple way to remove those videos without losing swing data.
Overall, a great device for the price - as long as you are disciplined to use it. Sure beats paying training coaches for multiple sessions - assuming you have the equipment at home already to do BP at home - and the discipline to get outside and do this at home.
1. The case of the unit is far superior to the first. They've done away with the rubberized protective coating of the first one and replaced it with a seemingly tough hard case - that is round as opposed to square - which makes sense - because everything you mount it to is round.
2. Charging the unit.
a.The design of the charger they have provided with this one is a 100% improvement over the first gen. The charger fixes itself to the unit through a polarized magnet that will not allow you to apply a negative charge to the unit.
b. If attempt you touch the terminals of the charger to the device, it repels it. The days of holding your tongue just right are over as you no longer have to worry that the device is properly seated in it's charging cradle as the first gen was.
c. The design allows you to leave the unit attached to the bat not having to have to remove it from the mount for charging. This is a huge plus. Update 5/10/16: While the design of the charger does allow for this, for some reason, the developer made the connector too big to fit inside of the rubber mount. This is a huge disappointment because it would have been so easy for them to make this work having come so far with this version.
3. Connectivity: This unit connects differently than the first in that you do not go into you Bluetooth devices to connect to it. You are to only connect through the app. This is actually better than the first gen, but the problem is that first gen users like myself assume that something is wrong with the unit - like I did and send it back because we cannot get it to connect. It shows up in the Bluetooth list but refuses to connect. As a result, I thought the unit would not hold a charge and that it was defective. Update 5/10/16: Connectivity is very unstable. Getting a phone call knocked out the connectivity. After the phone call and reconnecting, the app just switched bats that were selected. Also, there is no indication whatsoever that the unit is powered on when you turn it on after the initial power indicator turns off.
4. Application use: Because I used the first generation of the app, I'm used to being able to go in to a session, have the user hit the ball and being able to immediately review the swing. I'm currently unable to figure out how to get into that swing. After poking around a lot, I was able to finally figure how to review previous swings, but even then the app decides for me what view I'm going to have and what angle I'm going to look at it and what magnification it will present me. Even after I get the screen to be exactly where I want it - the system decides that it knows best what I need. As you can tell from my tone - I'm very frustrated with the application.
The apps presentation LOOKS awesome. Very modern and the integration with the training videos and the suggested training solutions are just great. However, overall, the app is very hard to use. There is no training videos on how to use it - which would help immensely.
Some of the things that I'm looking forward to determining was whether or not the device has fixed some problems I had with the first generation. The main issue being that the device results the bat speed just after impact and not before. The problem with this is that the results are wildly variant depend on how directly the ball was hit by the bat. From the specs, I've read that there is a second gyroscope in this generation, so mechanically, it should be able to report bat speed just prior to impact. Update 5/10/16: The system still reports bat speed after impact - so I'm disappointed. I feel that a critical measurement, given the technical capabilities of this device would be to have the ability to measure the transfer of energy from the bat to the ball would be awesome as it would help reveal to the the hitter the ideal bat length and weight for the hitter.
So far: overall, I'm disappointed with my purchase in the next generation. I'll update this review as my relationship with the product and company progresses.
Top reviews from other countries