|Print List Price:||$5.49|
Save $4.50 (82%)
Zero Hour - A Short Story: (Zero Hour Series Part 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
I highly recommend this story. I am moving on to the rest of the series because this story leaves you wanting MORE.
The plot is very good, twisting and turning more than once, and was probably the only reason I read this short story all the way to the end. However, the use of the second person tense with this story didn't work for me. The short brittle sentences, written in a staccato rhythm, was more distracting than attractive. Even now I wonder whether it was a conscious decision to write such clipped sentences, and debate whether a smoother cadence might have made a difference.
I also question whether it would be incongruous to establish a interesting character and then extend the short story into numerous books and still maintain the second person narrative tense. To jump to first or third person might be a jolt, but for me, I know I could not read an entire novel in this tense and at the same time tolerate the choppy presentation. Based on the aforementioned Bentley speech, I might peek into one of Mr. Ambrose's other books to see if the tense is different. This book alone, however, would not compel me to immediately purchase the next book. Three stars.
Eamon Ambrose drops you right in the middle of that scene, and you will shush your own mind as it asks, "what's that about?" "Oh, cool, but I wonder..." You will shush yourself because as much as you want to know what happened before, everything you're reading is crafted so wonderfully by Ambrose that you find yourself pulled in more, and more, and more, until you reach that spectacular ending, let out the breath you didn't realize you were holding in and say... "Man, that was good."
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Was an interesting read though.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic