Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 44 reviews
on December 9, 2013
The Outer Jacket:
CONSTRUCTION:
-Basically a thin polyester shell with a thin inner lining. There is no insulation fill - which could be good or bad depending on how you want to use it. However, because of the many pockets, there are lots of spots in the front there is more than 2 layers of lining between you and the shell
- The cuffs have a Velcro closer like most jackets, in addition the cuffs are elastic around the back which are supposed to help cinch to your wrists.
-There is a bungee line around the bottom of the jacket for closure, with 2 pulls on either side of the jacket at the bottom like most jackets.
- There is a pretty beefy zipper, with a storm flap on top of it which closes with Velcro. there is one snap at the top and another at the bottom of the zipper.
-The collar of the jacket is much thicker than the rest of it. It uses a fluffier fleece and seems like it might have a little bit of insulation fill.
-Behind the collar, is a removable hood. The hood is lined with a fluffy fleece (nice touch)
-2 zippers on either side and 3 snaps hold the liner in place, one at the neck and 2 at each wrist
POCKETS: (total 7)
2 hand pockets with storm flaps (pull up to close)(regular zippers)
2 chest pockets and 1 left arm pocket (pull up to close)(zippers with a water resistant shell that kinda closes around the zipper when its closed, often seen on snowboarding jackets, except that this isn't as rubbery as most)
1 inner left open pouch with no closure measuring approx. 9' x 9.5" (opening facing up)
1 inner right pocket 6" x 5" with a portion of the opening closed by velcro (opening facing out)
Misc Notes: I thought the selves were a little short for a large jacket, also the neck is just a little tight. Usually the water proofing on these budget winter jackets suck, but this one doesn't seem to bad - water beaded up pretty nicely. water will still come through the seems, and after a few washes expect water proof coating to disappear.

The Liner:
-one side has a hard (as in not stretchy) thin polyester peice of fabric covers the liner (this makes putting the jacket on easy!(if you wear this side on the inside) as it slides better than fleece)
-The other side typical fleece, soft and fluffy
-There does definitely seem (i can see some coming out at the seams) to be a synthetic insulation fill in this, its significantly warmer than a comparable fleece with no fill.
-no cinches or elastic anywhere
POCKETS: (total 5)
2 hand pockets on each side
1 left chest pocket on the fleece side with the same water resistant type zipper as the jacket chest pockets.

all zippers are fully metal

Bottom line: this is a very warm and versitile jacket for the price.
Recommended uses: Casual winter wearing, in mild to somewhat hard weather, mild winter adventuring, a one or two time snowboard/ski excursion.
This really is not a replacement for the features you would find on a ski/snowboard jacket (like a power skirt, or an over sized hood for a helmet, or a DWR coating, taped seams, or under arm vents) but considering its atleast half the price of a jacket like that, it might be as close as your going to get for the price.
on December 23, 2013
I like the jacket for our early winter blizzardly weather: zip in fleece jacket w/ nice little tabs that the zippers tuck into; substantial velcro wind flap that snaps at the bottom (prevents stress on zipper-which is probably a no 10 nylon zipper - the best); fleece lined hood-adjustable and w/ closures. All four pockets on the body of this winter set up are zippered - big nylon zippers that don't grab/scratch your skin - when I want to secure my camera or a cell phone. I like the small zippered pocket located on the left arm for my keys, flash drives, etc. I'm right handed so the pocket on the left arm works for me - no pocket on the right arm (for left handed folks). Upper pockets are not noticeable and zip up & down... yet large enought to securely fit a DVD. Lower pockets easily secure my mitten packs. I pack a folded face mask in one of the inside fleece pockets and emergency (air) heat packs in the other. When it gets -30 I'll probably wear my 16 year old big down coat with wolf ruff.
on December 22, 2013
I can not say enough good things about this jacket. After researching several coats I purchased it for my husband for a ski vacation to Colorado in early December 2013. We arrived in the aftermath of a winter storm, so we experienced temperatures from -17 F to 10F on average, and it did a wonderful job in keeping my husband warm. From the pictures I had concerns with the fabric looking cheap due to the shine, but it just gives it a sporty look that fit right in the slopes, while at the same time transitioning well as a casual coat for dinner. Note that he always used both the inner and outer jacket together but it seems like the outer layer would work well by itself as a rain/windproof coat while the inner layer provides more warmth. Also it has many pockets which were very useful while skiing. I highly recommend.
on December 6, 2013
I saw other reviewers mention that it ran small, so I ordered it in extra large. I normally where a large, but this extra large is just barely big enough. I probably would have been better off with a XX-Large.

The jacket seems well made, and has plenty of pockets. The liner works great as a light weight jacket, but the soft side is very staticy and the other side is a bit noisy. The liner is reversible when worn alone, but only goes in the jacket one way due to the way the zippers connect.

Over all I think it a great jacket, and maybe a bit to heavy for the climate I live in.
on December 29, 2013
Another Xmas gift for my husband. He was in dire need of a new jacket. His old coat had lost its ability to keep him warm. He wanted something to keep him warm, but something more versatile then his old one. This jacket was exactly what he wanted even though he didn't know it. He's worn the shell all by itself since it hasn't been too cold and it was perfect. Now that the temperature has dropped again, he'll add the fleece back and hopefully stay warm. It looks really good on and its not big and puffy like some coats can be.
on January 3, 2013
I bought this jacket and knew it had a inside layer, guess I didnt read the details properly or missed that the inside jacket is reversible from a fleece to a nylon feeling side. All in all its a great looking jacket (the outer shell and inner one). I cant review its warmth as I had to return it as the x-large ran to small in the hips for my guy.
on December 20, 2012
Great fit, just below the belt line.

I love that the hood itsn't 20x too large for normal person's head. Protects the ears.

I wish the zipper was made of something more sturdy than plastic-y material, but we will see how it holds up.

The fleece under the shell is great, I love that it is reversible with a waterproof side.

Great devliery time for the company, I received it within 2 days of placing my order (during the Christmas season at that)
on March 6, 2014
This is simply a great winter jacket. I live in the frozen tundra of Green Bay where it's always cold and always snowy in the winter and winter seems to never end. This coat is water resistant, provides great thermal protection and is very warm, fits great and looks great. I've purchased other winter coats, but this one is the best I've ever purchased. I highly recommend.
on December 28, 2012
My husband found this jacket at local store. He likes the blue one but there was no large size. I found the blue one at amazon and he is very happy with the purchase. It is a heavy jacket, keep you very warm in winter yet not bulky looking. You can take the inner coat off easily so I assume in the spring you can either wear the outer jacket or inner coat, very practical. The jacket looks simple and classic. I believe my husband will wear it a lot.
on March 3, 2013
I purchased this coat about a month ago and have found it to be a very good coat. I have worn it when the temp was in the teens with strong winds and felt very warm and comfortable. The outer shell deflects wind very well and the inner removable liner is very warm and comfortable. I have no regrets.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.