Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 496 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 528 reviews
on April 4, 2017
The idea is good, the look is nice for my coffee bar, but using it has its issues. I bought 2 one for white sugar and one for raw sugar. I did not buy it for the measuring out feature but for the clean look and the one button release of the sugar. So if the measuring feature is important for you for accuracy for diet etc, I'm not sure this is exact measurements. I keep the 1/2tsp measure in the white sugar and 1 tsp for the raw sugar since it's granules are much bigger. If you want this for constantly changing between measurements, this is not the product for you, because it's not an easy switch between measurements. You have to open the device to it. Also the instructions suck for the product and made my go searching on the web for videos on how to change the measuring cups. Hint: The little black open knobs needs to actually come out for the handle to open so you can change the measuring cups.

Not in trying to use this thing, your first press on the button will give you your shot of sugar, maybe (50/50 shot) of getting the second shot of sugar, after ever shot after that will be less and less. Why because sugar gets stuck and prevents the handle from measuring out the sugar properly. So the tip or tweak we figured out is that after use push of the button turn the product upside down completely, then back, then press the button again to dispense the full amount of measured sugar. When you turn the dispenser upside down the sugar clears out where the handle is so the sugar can measure out properly in the cup again. Since we figured this little tweak the product is now working and manageable. I did figure this out when after I bought the first one, and tried it out for a week before ordering another one for our white sugar. This little tweak in the work flow doesn't bother either my husband or myself, but it might bother others to do this. We thought it was a good compromise for a inexpensive product and the nice clean look. Just make sure you keep the top of the dispenser in the closed position. The top does have a sprinkle opening and a full pour opening as well as fully closed. The sprinkle holes are fine for white sugar and a bit more heaving shaking required for raw sugar since the granules are bigger. I wouldn't say the top sprinkle holes are ideal for raw sugar without a whole like or vigorous shaking, but the pour opening would be fine for raw sugar. It feels a little cheaply made and not sure if the top lid will last being securely fitted after constantly opening to fill the sugar. But will post with update when it fails.
on March 22, 2016
Device showed up with two 1/4TS inserts and no 1TS insert. Not worth my time to send back, just annoyed it didn't come as described.
review image
on August 2, 2010
We are using it every day for two years. Performs pretty well with regular sugar. If it starts leaking a bit, I take it apart (4 screws) and wash all plastic parts in the dishwasher (maybe twice a year).
on May 31, 2008
I hesitated buying this when I saw it in the past because I was afraid that it would constantly spill small amounts of sugar each time I put it down or moved it. I'm happy to say I haven't had any problems at all! If anything it's neater than a traditional sugar bowl/spoon!

I haven't changed the amount it dispenses so I can't say how easy that process is.

**UPDATE**
Unfortunately as much as I loved this dispenser, it ended up in the trash. After about 6 months it started leaking around the area you squeeze to dispense the sugar. It's a shame it didn't hold up. I'd give it 2 stars now if I could
**UPDATE**
22 comments| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2013
I would give this 5 stars if it was easier to swap out the measurement you're doling out, like dialing to a different setting or something. As it is, you have to take apart the unit to swap out the little insert for different measurements, which is a pain, so I just leave one in and dose out several times when I want a larger quantity.

I use this for doling out Stevia in my tea, coffee, apple-cider vinegar tonic, etc., and it has worked great so far for that. No more spoons & the attributed little sprinkly mess I somehow always manage to get around the bag reaching in and out of it. This is great for watching the quantity you put in; if you're like me, and very particular about doing things in a quick & efficient way (both because I'm a manufacturing engineer by trade, and because I like to sleep in as late as possible as well), and you also are very exacting in quantities of sweetener you like to use (I like 2 and a half pumps of Da Vinci per 12 oz coffee mug - no more, no less!!! I like 1.5 tsp of Stevia in the Raw in my apple-cider vinegar "apple-ade" I have in the morning - no more, no less!!), then this is gonna be a godsend to your OCD.

I will update my review if it breaks. As it is, I've been using it consistently for about a month now, and so far so good. Since I don't swap out the measuring tab in it, I imagine the longevity will be fine, as other reviewers who complained about it breaking seemed to all be people who were swapping that out frequently and broke the unit while doing those swaps. I question as to why they would swap it out though. 2 x 1/4 tsp = 1/2 tsp, so if you like tiny quantities, leave the 1/4 in. If you're middling, leave in the 1/2 tsp and deal in factors of 1/2. If you work in bigger quantities, leave in the biggest. Seems like a simple enough solution for me, but to each his own.
on May 10, 2017
When I ordered this dispensers, I knew what size they were but these still seemed to be too small to be practical. We wanted to fill them with a sugar substitute and another with a non dairy creamer for our daily coffee so we would have to refill them every couple of days to keep up with our coffee consumption. The measure dispenser never really seemed to work no matter how we adjusted them, so we just used them to pour the sugar out of the top. The one positive note is that the top comes off so they were relatively easy to fill, but using them was somewhat of a disappointment. Because they are plastic everything stuck to them and the holes were clogged after just a couple of weeks of use. They looked cute but were really not functional for us. I cleaned them out and put them on a shelf to perhaps use when we go camping and need to pack a light weight container for just a couple of days of dry cream and sugar.
on January 20, 2017
I use this sugar dispenser every day and love it. Since I make coffee for my husband it is nice to have something that measures the exact amount of sugar every time. I found that when measuring sugar with a spoon I was over filling the spoon when I poured the sugar onto it. Now I know I like 3 squeezes and my husband likes 4 and it is perfect every time.
The dispenser offers a selection of colors to choose from: Silver, Black, Red, White, something for every décor. It comes with several size units from 1/4, 1/2 and 1 teaspoon. The top comes off for easy filling. The unit holds 1 cup of sugar in a clear plastic container. The top also has a pour and sprinkle opening if you want to use it instead of the dispenser function. It is easy to disassemble for cleaning. It was a little tricky to put together the first time, reading the instructions fixed that problem. My husband had a stroke and only has use of one hand. This dispenser has made putting sugar in his coffee much easier for him, no more sugar all over the counter.
on January 21, 2017
I tested with Sugar in the Raw Turbinado cane sugar, and it worked very well for the 0.5 teaspoon gate. It reliably dispensed 0.5 teaspoonful of sugar across 20 trys. It does sometimes have a pleasing crunch as some sugar gets caught as the slide closed, but still very little force required to finish the stroke. Arthritis sufferers should be able to operate it just fine.
on March 22, 2014
I've been using these (I have 2) for about a year and they are still working pretty good, but I can see that they might be a problem in humid climates. I live in Arizona, so the sugar doesn't gum up much like other reviewers have mentioned. I don't have hopes for them holding out over a long period. They are a little tricky to clean. Take your time - I got mine put back together just fine, but I still feel like they will end up in the trash in another year or less. I LOVE the way the product works. so I'm not sure if I'll spend the money to replace them or just go back to the old-fashioned sugar dispenser.

Update: I'm changing my stars for this product up to 4 from 3. I discovered that I could get this working again like when it was new by taking it apart carefully and cleaning the small parts. It was getting gummed up at the opening and sugar was leaking from the push bar when I tried to dispense.

I took it apart just as you would if you were going to change the little "dosing pods." I washed the parts that come away from the body and let dry completely. I cleaned the body with just a damp paper towel and made sure that any built up sugar was cleaned from the little opening at the bottom of the body.

It is a little bit of a hassle to do all this and needs to be done every 1 or 2 months, but I love how this little device works and don't want to give it up. So, if you have one and don't want to throw it in the trash, try doing this. Mine works perfectly again.
on January 20, 2016
I bought three of these because we had sugar, xylotol, and stevia in various containers and I wanted to have something that would leave a smaller footprint on the counter. It took a little while for me to figure out how to change the dosage. Once I learned on the first, it was easy to adjust the rest. The only thing to watch out for is that, because it is gravity fed, if you want to dispense something light weight like stevia, you may have to increase the dose, but it worked fine for the sugar.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.