- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company; 1 edition (June 28, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0393353966
- ISBN-13: 978-0393353969
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.7 x 8.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 24 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #198,900 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Zika: The Emerging Epidemic 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
“I find much to applaud in Mr. McNeil’s Zika: The Emerging Epidemic. Though slim…Zika is dense with information…. In a no-nonsense, declarative writing style, Mr. McNeil tells the history of humanity’s relationship with the Zika virus.”
- Laurie Garrett, The New York Times
“Tight and highly informative.”
- Sally Satel, The Washington Post
“[An] agile account….McNeil’s mapping of official responses to the epidemic…underlines the burning need for viral vigilance.”
“Lucid, even prescient....Years from now, wherever we stand in the struggle, many of us will still be reading and sharing McNeil’s real-time account of Zika’s stunning assault on an unprepared planet. Yes, the book is really that good.”
- Dr. Claire Panosian Dunavan, American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
“A succinct summary of Zika to date....from a reliable source.”
- Kirkus Reviews
About the Author
Donald G. McNeil Jr. is a science reporter covering plagues and pestilences for The New York Times, where he began work as a copy boy in 1976. He is a former Africa correspondent and has reported from fifty-five countries.