- Hardcover: 208 pages
- Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company; 1 edition (June 28, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0393609146
- ISBN-13: 978-0393609141
- Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 0.9 x 8.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 24 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #479,297 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Zika: The Emerging Epidemic 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
“I find much to applaud in Mr. McNeil’s Zika: The Emerging Epidemic. Though slim…Zika is dense with information…. In a no-nonsense, declarative writing style, Mr. McNeil tells the history of humanity’s relationship with the Zika virus.”
- Laurie Garrett, The New York Times
“Tight and highly informative.”
- Sally Satel, The Washington Post
“Lucid, even prescient....Years from now, wherever we stand in the struggle, many of us will still be reading and sharing McNeil’s real-time account of Zika’s stunning assault on an unprepared planet. Yes, the book is really that good.”
- Dr. Claire Panosian Dunavan, American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
“A succinct summary of Zika to date....from a reliable source.”
- Kirkus Reviews
About the Author
Donald G. McNeil Jr. is a science reporter covering plagues and pestilences for The New York Times, where he began work as a copy boy in 1976. He is a former Africa correspondent and has reported from fifty-five countries.