Top critical review
114 people found this helpful
Buyer beware! Consolidated reviews so overall score is misleading depending on the model. Mine: 8in spring/"foam"
on January 19, 2018
I regret ordering this! These reviews are not all the same. The company and item line name is but the models are not so many of these reviews can be easily confused. For example, one person can "love" the Zinus mattress but if you look at their pics, it maybe the hybrid or 12in. The feedback gets lumped into the same listing period.
When I did research the ones specific to the one I was looking at, opinions vary widely. I do mean WIDELY.
This review is for the 8in Spring with "foam", full sized.
- Those who said this was medium firm may have been comparing this to a box spring with a thin comforter on top or Plymouth Rock. This sucker is firm alright. I don't even feel that "Foam layer" under that padded quilting. You are laying on covered springs in my opinion. Let's be more specfic: I am 5'7", average and proportionate active body at about 160 lbs. I typically side sleep but can sleep on my back. I bought this for my 4 year old but sometimes he asks us or we snuggle with him. Besides, wouldn't you be curious about the new mattress anyways?
- whatever it is, material odor has not dissipated in 2 days so far
- compared to my old Sleepy's mattress, the dimensions are slightly larger because regardless o my measurements, it still fit into the fram snugly while my old one just dropped in nicely.
- NO MANUFACTURER SUPPORT YET. Clicked the link to the website and it listed as "Page Not Found" on their very own site!!
- How do you return this? Dunno, trying to figure that out now. Sent Amazon (since it was sold by Amazon Services LLC) a message saying the item was possibly damaged during shipping (box end was hastily re-taped and dragged. One corner is misaligned and I cannot realign fabric to stay covering that coil corner - maybe just shoddy craftmanship?). UPS will not take the mattress when I asked a handler which is true. If you think of it, the original shipping was roll/packed and now you're trying to return with a fully opened one where you don't have the equipment to compress, vacuum seal and roll it? - besides, you'll be dragging ~75 compacted pounds. FYI - If I can't get a resolution from Amazon or Zinus - hahah - then I'll calling AMEX to dispute this crap
- roll packing concept is neat vs the old school on top of the truck/car method.
Yep, that's all for the Pro. I have to really wonder how this particular 8" model got even that many "great" reviews. I don't normally pick items that have less than 15 great reviews because that's shady in my opinion. Are there that many people transitioning from a rock to this mattress????
I will update if Amazon resolves this situation. Right now, i will depend on them because it seems Zinus maybe one of those "fly by nighters" made in a foreign country. Buyer beware!
Update: Amazon CS resolved my issue! The rep was excellent. I wish I recall her name right now so I can give her a proper shout out but she was friendly and worked with I guess her supervisor to authorize the refund and make things right. Thank you. CS gets a 5 star, the mattress stays at a 1 though.