ZINUS Shalini Upholstered Platform Bed Frame / Mattress Foundation / Wood Slat Support / No Box Spring Needed / Easy Assembly, Sage Grey, Full
|You Save:||$50.99 (23%)|
|Material||Steel Frames, Wooden slats|
|Form Factor||Platform Bed|
About this item
- Woven Fabric Upholstery With Steel Framework
- GOOD LOOKS, CONFIDENT STYLE - With its easy-as-pie assembly, sturdy construction and elegant diamond pattern stitching, the Shalini stands the test of time and makes a stunningly chic addition to your bedroom
- DURABLY DESIGNED - Interior steel framework and dense foam padding add comfort and longevity; twin size supports a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 700 lbs
- NO BOX SPRING NEEDED - Durable wood slats support and extend the life of your latex, memory foam or spring mattress without the need for a box spring; for the twin and full sizes, slats are spaced 2.7 inches apart, and for other sizes, slats are spaced 3.2 inches apart
- EASY ASSEMBLY – Everything you need is efficiently packed into one box and shipped straight to your door; all parts, tools and instructions are conveniently located in the zippered compartment of the headboard for easy, two-person assembly in under an hour
- Worry-free 5 year limited warranty included; mattress sold separately
- Furniture Finish: Wooden Slats
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
A platform for your perfect mattress? Yes, we can ‘bed’ on that!
Every relationship needs a strong and reliable foundation for support. So, rest in comfort (and style) every night on a Zinus platform bed knowing that your favorite mattress has finally found its perfect match.
Engineered for Efficiency
More Than Satisfying Value
Even our biggest items like platform beds are expertly engineered to be simple and easy-to-enjoy every single day.
Packed & Ready
Look for slats and other essential parts in zippered compartments or pockets (and even the headboard). It’s all there and ready to be part of your home.
Built Sturdy in Every Style
Quick & Simple Assembly
All tools required to put the platform bed together are included for on-the-spot assembly like this nifty ratchet.
Stylish Design, Sturdy Form
Every platform bed is designed for optimum support for any memory foam, spring or latex mattress so you can rest in style knowing that we’ve got your back.
Compare Upholstered Platform Beds
The Shalini Platform Bed is your ticket to a total bedroom transformation. With its sophisticated stitching, button tufting and neutral-toned fabric, this foundation makes an impressive centerpiece that can really pull a room together. The Shalini is equipped with a wood slat platform designed to support any mattress without a box spring and a reliable steel frame that will hold up to years of sweet dreams. A worry-free 5 year warranty is also included, along with the confidence you get from its thousands of happy customer reviews. Plus, it’s shipped to your door with everything you need to assemble it in the back of the headboard, saving you hassle, headaches, and best of all, time!
Compare with similar items
Life Home Premiere Classics Cloth Black Linen 51" Tall Headboard Platform Bed with Slats Queen - Complete Bed 5 Year Warranty Included (furBed00007_Cloth_Black_Queen)
Classic Brands Mornington Upholstered Platform Bed | Headboard and Metal Frame with Wood Slat Support, Queen, Grey
ZINUS Curtis Upholstered Platform Bed Frame / Mattress Foundation / Wood Slat Support / No Box Spring Needed / Easy Assembly, Grey, Full
Zinus Omkaram Upholstered Platform Bed With Wood Slat Support, Queen
Home Life Premiere Classics Cloth Light Grey Silver Linen 51" Tall Headboard Platform Bed with Slats Full - Complete Bed 5 Year Warranty Included 007
|Color||Sage Grey||Black||Dark Grey||Gray||Blue||Grey|
|Is Assembly Required?||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Item Dimensions||80.00 x 60.00 x 40.70 inches||90.00 x 66.00 x 51.00 inches||89.00 x 66.00 x 40.00 inches||75.50 x 54.00 x 13.40 inches||84.00 x 63.40 x 47.70 inches||85.00 x 61.00 x 51.00 inches|
|Item Weight||75.00 lbs||60.00 lbs||101.00 lbs||59.00 lbs||87.96 lbs||—|
|Material||Wooden slats, Steel Frames||Linen||Pine||Fabric, Foam, Wood, Steel, Plywood||Wooden slats, Steel Frames||Linen|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It was fairly simple to put together.
Assembly time was about 45 minutes.
All pieces fit properly and securely. The needed Allen wrench was included. No other tools needed.
The instructions were sufficient. Not great but good.
The bed is quiet and sturdy.
The mattress (Ghostbed) fits perfectly.
It is not the fanciest bed in the world. Pictures are an accurate depiction of product. Adjust your expectations accordingly.
Almost a year in this with zero issues.
I'm 6' 3 at 240 lbs and it supports me very well. No creaking or any noise. It's also very stable. It stays put on my wood flooring just as it is.
I did not use the adhesive strips on the slats. Mattress stays in place no problem.
I would by it again too. A friend bought the queen size version a couple of months ago and is equally satisfied (I assembled that one too). Same experience as me so far.
All parts are conveniently stored inside the headboard during shipping. Be sure to unzip it to look. This is actually a great feature for moving and storage.
King size mattresses are 76 x 80. If you are short on one side, like the length, and the mattress overhangs on the width - rotate your mattress 90 degrees.
Finally, it is very quiet during those private moments.
Update at 33 months:
Still good! Was starting to hear a little creaking here and there. Tightened all Allen bolts back up- 90% of it went away. The fabric on the headboard is holding up great.
It took 10 days total to get the replacement processed and receive a tracking number. I received the replacement legs today only to find that they are 1/2 inch shorter than the ones that came with the kit, and won’t work since the metal part of the frame has folding legs that are a fixed height to match the taller screw-on legs. I would return it but I don’t want to deal with any more BS from this company so I’ll find something sturdy for the leg to rest on to fill the 1/2 inch gap. One star review stands.
So, this bed came perfect, was easy to put together (took about 20 minutes with brother) without extra or unmattching pieces, and my mattress fits perfectly on top without overhanging or the foot of the bed being elevated (as some had problems with the other one before).
Long story short. This bed came perfect and a huge thumbs up to Zinus for listening to their customers and fixing their issues.
Also, I attached a photo because I love seeing photos when I check reviews. For reference, my mattress is 10" by Ghost Bed and bed size is king.
Note: This is day 1, I didn't sleep on it yet, will update if issues arise.
Top reviews from other countries
The pieces are all tucked neatly inside the headboard. It comes with all the tools you need to assemble. I wanted something I could do myself (I don’t ever build furniture) and it only took me 37 minutes from start to finish. The directions are very easy to understand the the hardware was very sturdy (ie no stripped screws). There is velcro that holds the slats in place.
My mattress is a bit higher than I would have liked as it takes away from the headboard, but it looks so great. You could store your millions of dollars in the back of the zippered headboard, too. I will definitely be buying more Zinus products in the future. Excellent quality for a great price. I paid $246 for a king. Buy it now, if it’s available that is!
UPDATE 29 SEPTEMBER 2018: This bed is amazing. I moved houses with it, all the pieces fit nicely in the headboard and it was easy to set up again. I have a cat, and she hasn't made any claw marks - good craftsmanship. 5 stars all around!!
(Shipping, now this isn’t the manufacturers fault, but I ordered on Amazon Prime, Feb 13 and I was to received it Feb 19-21. I contacted them after the date and am told it’s sold out but I would get it as soon as it comes in. It was shipped overnight on March 1 and I received it March 2. Worth the wait!)
1. Reasonable price - I bought it at 207+tax and if you look at wayfair.ca, the similar bed ( search for Colby) is $350 which has the exact design as this one. I believe they are made by same manufacturer but rebranded to sell at wayfair. Considering that, it is a great price.
2. Sturdy - The bed doesn't squeak and is sturdy because of the metal frame (has some cons will mention later).
3. Installation was easy, took me an hour.
4. Slats attach to frame using the two sided "grabs". Don't know the exact name.
1. Headboard is not that soft, it is soft enough so that it will not hurt if you hit your head against it.
2. Frame - The metal frame has a leg in the middle, which makes the bed look cheap from the side. Also there is a possibility that anyone might bump into it.
3. Bed is a little too high if you install a 12 inch box spring mattress. I suggest to go for an 8 inch one.
4. The slats are not strong enough for an adult to step on. So if you take the mattress out, never step or sit on it.
Overall it is a very good value and the price is great for a simple and functional bed.
Fair warning, the king box it comes in is HUGE and you will need help getting it in your house and unpacked.
Overall really happy with this bed for the quality and price!