Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ed Sheeran STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 29, 2015
I just use this puppy to store my blu-ray movies and software disks, just add a usb hub and away you go
like many devices some require a usb hub for system to see them, this is one of them
i added a simple (non-powered) one installed like a dream
you can use both powered and non, didn't matter (USB 2.0)
on February 3, 2009
I'm very impressed with this machine, so much so that I decided to purchase another to stack on top.

I put an unused laptop atop the 1st machine to use as a get-it-quick database with Movie Collector. Search through the database, read the reviews and summary and press eject, voila. It saves a lot of time and space, not to mention that it impresses any who use it.

Drawbacks are that some of the parts are not as sturdy as I'd like. The arm that ejects the discs could break very easily, for instance.

I haven't had any issues with installation, parts breaking or malfunctions. It just simply worked. With proper care and reasonable handling I could see these sitting next to my TV for quite some time.
on February 26, 2011
I purchased several of these to tame my husband's DVD collection. We're mac users, so the software that comes with it doesn't work on our computers. Instead, I put together a spreadsheet of all of the DVDs and which carousel they're in and what number. They've been great. My husband likes to play "movie roulette" and just picks a number then we watch whatever comes out. They're great at reducing space that DVDs in their cases take up. We recycled all of the cases and now keep everything in these. My only complaint is that they area little noisy when rotating to get the DVD that you select. Overall, a good purchase.
on May 15, 2015
I have 20 of these now, been buying them for the last five years. Out of the 20, I have one that does not quite work correctly, the drop down arm has to be pushed back up manually to insert disks, not to bad of a inconvenience. I'll be starting a second farm of these uints soon.
on January 1, 2014
If you still collect the physical disc's, this is a great way to compact your collection. Works great connecting to your PC to build your list into a spreadsheet and select what you want. The ejection piece seems way too flimsy and I am afraid it will break easily. I am not going to test it's durability with giving kids access, but that is why i knocked off 1 star.
on January 12, 2007
I compared this with the Imation version. Pretty sure this is the better disc sorter. I needed the Mac filing software which is the biggest reason I went with this carousel.

It has worked well for 5 months although a little noisey...but bearable.

The biggest downside on this item is the price. $85 would have been about right.
on January 11, 2016
this is not for me it was not what I think it was I was thinking that it was a Dvd player I cant get this to work on my computer I have windows 10
on February 18, 2014
I love this thing. I can insert and remove my discs by handling the disc only on the center hole. No more mess on my discs. I cleaned them all before inserting and now life is good. Works flawlessly, keeps the discs dust-free, and automatically powers down.
on March 8, 2007
I love these things! I certainly can't think of an easier or better way to organize CDs (software and/or music) and DVDs that used to be scattered in different places. Though the software is functional and is a boon to finding titles and spitting out the disc easily and quickly, I have some bones to pick with the software developer(s). The mouse wheel will only scroll the cursor on the active screen. It does not scroll the window. I have 2 units daisy-chained. If I select a disc from carousel 1, it ejects. But if I then select a disc from carousel 2 it will not eject unless I double-click it again. Neither flaw is a showstopper but thought the negatives (albeit minor) should also be mentioned. I communicated these complaints with the distributor and was told that there is a new version of the software in the works. I hope I see it soon.
on August 11, 2014
When it works it's great but it doesn't work for long. Had to send the original one back after a fee weeks. The replacement lasted a few months. The third one 6 months. I fave up on it