Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ziploc Space Bag 15 Bag Space Saver Set
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Size: 15-Bag set|Change

on January 1, 2014
I debated buying these at all due to some of the extremely negative reviews. And and maybe those people actually got a bad set. But honestly at this point I really think it's user error. There is a line on each bag that says not to fill past. I have kept my items below that line, sometimes shoving and stuffing coats down below it. I have had ZERO issues sealing a single bag. The white clip starts it off, and I followed with my fingers, snapping it closed more. You definitely need to use your fingers after slowely swiping the clip. It's just like a ziploc bag, and very simple.

Then I got my vacuum and sucked it all down. It was amazing how much air it took out of some of this stuff. I had even watched videos on YouTube and was still amazed. I bought these because we are moving internationally and needed to fit heavy coats and winterwear and blankets and such into air crates to maximize the space (weight did not matter to us, if weight matters, be careful, it's shocking how heavy this stuff is when the air is sucked out!).

They have now been compressed and sealed almost a month and I have not had a single bag leak. I have not unpacked one yet, and if something is wrong when I do, I will come back and adjust my review, but right now I would say these do exactly as they advertise if you use them properly.
44 comments| 219 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2014
The bags worked just as described.

However I've come to realize a few thing...

FOLLOW DIRECTIONS! There's a line that tells you where to stop so the bag isn't too filled. I didn't and I realized that when I sucked the air out, obviously the contents flatten and they tend to spread and get caught between the seal. Overtime the air will leak out.
Even is you stop at the line, sometimes the contents of the bag still get stuck between the seal, so as a precaution, just make sure you check to see if anything gets caught between there and you can simply pull the top of the bag - but if you pull it make sure you pass your fingers along the seal to check if they're clipped together, else air will leak out. OR you can stand the bag up when you begin sucking the air out - so nothing gets caught between the seal then set it down and finish removing the air.
review image review image
0Comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2013
I got my package earlier than expected so I'm very pleased about that.

The bags held their seal, and did not re-Inflate. I found that putting a vacuum hose to the valve instead of rolling it up as the instructions said, worked a lot better.

The extra large bags were enormous!! I could probably fit inside one of them.

Very pleased with this product, I would buy them again.
88 comments| 248 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2013
If you are using the space bags, fill them to the allocated line.
Then, zip up the bag. After it's zipped, press your fingers along the zipper all the way across to seal it correctly. The zipper that it comes with DOES NOT seal the zipper well enough. If you spend the little bit of time to seal it with your fingers prior to vacuuming out the air, IT WILL WORK!!
Also, turn your vacuum power on low to start so you can guide your bag down into a neat pile. Then, once you have the bag the way you like it, you can turn on more power to get the last bit of air out.
It stays sealed indefinitely if you do this!
55 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2015
Best thing I ever purchased really. I had to move back to my childhood home after a horrible flood at my other home. I had storage bins for clothes, comforters, bedsheets, livingroom and bathroom curtains, rugs, towels, decorative pillows for the bed and sofa, kimono sets, costumes, purses, plushies... the list goes on and on when it came to the items I have. Using the space bags I went from having 12-13 bins to now only storing with one huge green Christmas tree storage bag. Like wow! I am really impressed at how much I could fit into these bags. My only complain is that it would have been nice to have more of the vacuum bags. The travel bags are hard for me to handle, therefore useless for me. I brought two of this set to take the items within the 12-13 bins and store the items into one huge storage bag. Less bins or storage units to be carrying or worry about for any future moving. Beautiful for saving space. I now don't feel overwhelmed by the bins in my tiny room. Please look at the photos to see what I mean. So worth the price. Perfect for small living space.
on March 19, 2015
I packed 1/2 of my clothes in these bags and boxed them. Now, I just ordered another ziploc combo box. If you do not want your clothes to have a lot of wrinkle, just do not suck out all the air. Leave some in the bag. For my silk clothes and those with shoulder pads, I removed very little air. For my sweaters and T-shirt, I vacuumed to the max. I used the smaller bag to pack 1 coat only and removed less air. All my winter clothes are packed away. It is so nice and easy. I love them. Just keep in mind that plastic breaths. So, I assume it will gain more air later, but it does not matter because these bags are packed inside a carboard box and cannot gain too much volume once the box is sealed.
review image
on September 26, 2013
I like these bags, but I'd like to point out a few problems with these.
1: Its very hard to get anything in the bag, its like trying to squeeze into pants, its nearly impossible.
2: They don't stay completely sealed, after about a month the air starts to seep back in.
3: It doesn't save as much room as shown on pictures (but maybe I am doing it wrong)
4: They feel very cheap.
5: You can buy this same box for only $14.99 at Costco, much better deal then amazon (If your not a Costco member this is a good deal)

Now don't get me wrong, I did buy another box from Costco, but they are not really that great.
review image
on March 25, 2014
Got a bunch of these bags to package my wife's clothing and extra bedding after she died. But they are made more cheaply than the bags at the builder store. The will puncture if you are not careful and two of them arrived with punctures in the bags, or were punctured by me in the first usage with soft clothing. The value is okay, but not well designed and is cheaper than one would want. At the end of the day, after purchasing several boxes. I am going back to the home builder store and paying a bit more for a better longer lasting product. If you are in to cheap, less expensive, that works okay, but not well, then these should do fine for you. But be careful, handle them with care.
on July 7, 2013
Every single one of these bags that I have used has torn from the zipper. I figured I would just tape up the tears...only to discover that the seal itself leaked! So frustrating! I just wish these bags worked.
on July 9, 2013
So, i just tried these bags and i found out that only the large bags have a cap to suck the air out (i didnt realize that, i thought that also the small ones have that, on those you can just push the air out yourself).
To my surprise they work great, but time will tell. So far its been 2 hours and the bag has been flat and no air is coming back.
Assuming that after weeks or months the bag inflates a little again, i wouldn't mind using the vacuum again. The cap of the bags are pretty cool and very sturdy.
I only tested the extra large bag, i have the large, medium and small bags to go but so far, so good.
Time will tell, i will post an update after a week.

::::::UPDATE 07/15/2013:::::::
So i moved this wekekend and 3 bags have reinflated again, thats my fault because during the move i threw the bags here and there and probably there might be a hole or something, the rest of the bags are still tight and no air has come back.