Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Zipp 202 NSW Carbon Wheel - Clincher
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Our new Saw tooth dimple design consists of 12 nodes that are precisely clocked to start aerodynamic shearing at a rate of 50hz at a rider speed of 20mph.
- The Cognition hub set's Axial Clutch technology reduces drag by disengaging the ratchet mechanism when coasting.
- Silicon carbide Showstopper brake track delivers unmatched stopping power and modulation regardless of weather conditions or the length of the descent.
- Zipp 202 NSW rims are laid up, molded, drilled, and built in Indianapolis, USA, by Zipp technicians.
- ImPress graphics technology, which prints graphics directly on the wheel, help allow the dimples to control vortex shedding.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Not all climbing wheels are created equal, and the 202 NSW Carbon Clincher Wheel looks to leave them all by the wayside with its blend of feathery climbing prowess, confident stability, and an aerodynamic design that Zipp claims is unmatched among competitors with similar rim depths. While its predecessor, the 202 Firecrest, was no slouch, the 202 NSW sees improvements in the trifecta of braking, aerodynamics, and freehub design. Given that it's where Zipp made its name, let's start with the rim. We're always excited about free speed gains, but we're actually a little more stoked about the improved braking. The rims are equipped with an updated version of Zipp's Showstopper brake track, which enjoyed an impressive debut on the Firestrike 404 but has already been improved for the NSW line of wheels. It's still imbued with the same silicon carbide particles, which increase the bite into the brake pads for increased modulation and control in wet conditions, but the brake track's direction-specific grooves have increased in number and changed in depth. The tweaked grooves are credited with even more improvements in braking, and--though Zipp doesn't specifically make this assertion--it does stand to reason that the grooves clear intervening material and help keep the pads on the rims where the silicon carbide can get a hold of them. The original Showstopper netted some pretty impressive stopping across all conditions, but Zipp assures us that the new version is even better. The upshot is you can hold speed longer while approaching a corner, braking later and gaining tiny increments of time with each bend or switchback, helping you protect the gains you made during the climb by preserving your advantage on the descent. You can also feel that much more confident is avoiding darting canines, distracted motorists, and unexpected road debris. In addition to the brake track, Zipp's signature Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control (ABLC) dimpling returns with a new designation....
Color: Impress Graphics | Size: Size 700C
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|