Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Travel Accessories Book House Cleaning movienight movienight movienight  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 24 reviews
on October 7, 2010
Great little pipe and lighter set. First, deatils about the lighter. Standard Zippo body with the pipe lighter insert. The picture doesn't do it justice since the Zippo looks beautiful. I love the pipe lighter insert because it makes pipe lighting so much easier. I prefer a standard Zippo for cigars.

The pipe is a Peterson with, what seems to me, a larger than average diameter. Bowl is large and the draw is very smooth. Perhaps other Petersons are like this, but I really like the looks and draw of the pipe. It actually makes running a pipe cleaner through it that much easier. One thing to mention is that the band around the pipe is imprinted with "zippo" (hard to tell in the picture), which might affect the resale value (if you're concerned about that kind of thing). It doesn't bother me at all but I would have given the set a 5 star rating had it been specified beforehand.

This gift set seems to flucuate a lot in price. I was ready to pick it up at $115 and the price dropped to less than $70 on the next day. So keep your eye out for a good deal!
on November 22, 2011
When I saw this gift set I just couldn't resist. After trying pipe smoking in the past and giving it up, then recently picking it back up again, I decided I should go for a quality pipe and pipe lighter. Much to my surprise I found this here on amazon and was very pleased. The pipe is worth what you pay for this set alone so I quickly placed my order.

I have little experience with pipes but in the past I have had troubles with overheating, bowls extinguishing themselves, and an all around drab experience. Well after smoking my first half bowl in the Peterson Donegoual included in this set, I know I will enjoy pipe smoking for a long time to come. Even during the breaking in period the pipe provided a smooth draw, cool smoke, and even burn. I had one relight during the windy storm we are having here A much needed step up from my cheap ebay estates I have been using until now. Everything about the smoke was better taste, smoke volume, ease of packing. I just can't say enough about the pipe.

Onto the zippo. With so many butane lighters on the market for pipe and cigar smokers I am always confused as to how these lighters stay on the market. They look very nice, but I have had nothing but problems with the three I have owned; I am a former cigar smoker. The zippo is simple to fill and use, while also lighting a bowl perfectly with ease; even when lighting outdoors in windy or unfavorable conditions. Once again quite a step up from the bic lighter I have been messing with. I love this set and would recommend it to anyone looking to buy a pipe smoker a christmas gift, or like myself a solid good looking pipe and lighter.
on October 27, 2011
I have been wanting to get a nice pipe for a while now and finally decided to actually do it. In looking around I saw this combo and being that I also really like Zippos it seemed like the perfect choice. I did more research on the pipe and found that the pipe by itself is right around the same price ase this kit so you're basically getting a free Zippo pipe lighter and that pushed it over the edge for me. Received it last week and so far it's been a great purchase. I really enjoy the pipe and it's so much better than the cheap pipe I've had for years now. Also enjoying the Zippo and it works great with the pipe insert. Received the set promptly and ahead of schedule and couldn't be happier with this purchase.
on January 22, 2010
The Pipe included in this set is a Peterson Donegal. Peterson makes good quality pipes and this particular pipe is an excellent billiard rustic. You usually can't go wrong with anything Peterson makes. They are a great smoke. The zippo is a pipe lighter so the flame comes out of the side which makes it easier to light. The pipe retails for more than the price of the set so it's a great deal for the money. Zippo Peterson Pipe Gift Set
on January 31, 2012
As a new guy to smoking pipes, a co worker told me that Peterson is the best in the business. I immediately found this set. The looks, price and the zippo appealed to me the most. After about 3 smokes the pipe was broken in. Now it smokes great. The bowl stays lit very well. It is also a large bowl. Packed to the brim I get about 100 minutes of smoke time beside the fire pit. Because it is a straight shaft, running a pipe cleaner through it is a breeze as well. I love this pipe and really enjoy it over smoking cigars. I cant say anything negative about this product.
on March 2, 2014
I started searching for this set as a gift for my boyfriend and it turned out to be very difficult to track down 2 years ago. Once I received the set I was immediately impressed. The Zippo looks wonderful in the display case and the pipe is very smooth and true to the Peterson name in every way, shape and form! Love this set!!
on June 21, 2011
Finally, I purchased a Peterson Pipe at affordable price!
I have several pipes with various brands and smoke occasionally. It is a handy pipe, beautifully designed, good quality (all 3 pieces) and size; proper for 7-12 min smoke, not too big, finishing is not bad but I wish it would be as dark as showing in the picture. I have not used the lighter for a long time but Zippo quality should be fine as always. Do not forget, on the lighter, only Peterson sign is detectable! no news form Zippo!
on April 13, 2010
Extremely well crafted and elegant style are clear features of this pipe. The lighter is a Zippo pipe lighter that is great for lighting at an angle with a moderate heat. This exact gift set is available at my local pipe store for $169 CDN. I bought it online and am very pleased with it. It has excellent balance, and clear draw. The bowl is deep, which just means more time to develop the cake in it.
on June 22, 2009
I bought this as a gift for my husband and the value was great. The pipe was really nice quality. I was actually sent the curved pipe, not the straight pipe shown in the photo. The zippo lighter was nice and it is a pipe specific lighter and looks a little different from the normal zippos. My husband smokes this every other day, sometimes daily and it has been a good pipe, however about 6 months ago the bowl cracked, and has worsened since. The pipe still smokes, however he cannot fill the bowl up, so he smokes like a half bowl at a time. The side of the bowl where it is cracked is thinner than the other side presumable from scraping/cleaning it on a regular basis; however I would have expected a Peterson pipe to be a little more durable that this. He is in the market for a new pipe at the moment and wants a slightly longer stem for a cooler smoke. Overall I would say that this is an entry level pipe for someone just starting out, or the occasional smoker however if you are a regular/heavy smoker I would say invest in something a little more durable, quality and made for heavy use.
on August 5, 2009
I'm new to pipe smoking, and I was mostly interested in this kit for the zippo, but I couldn't pass it up when I saw it was bundled with a nice pipe. The zippo is top notch, as I'd expect with any Zippo. The pipe also appears to be very solidly constructed. As I said, I'm new to pipes, so I'm not sure what differentiates a good one from a bad one, but this one certainly smokes well. I took it with me to the tobacco shop the first time I bought tobacco and the tobacconist initially told me that Peterson pipes aren't very good quality (apparently they used to be, but then they went down hill), but then once he saw this particular one, he was of the opinion that it was a good pipe (perhaps one of the better ones from the Peterson lineup?). Pipe separates in the middle for cleaning.
55 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.