Zmodo Greet - Smart WiFi Video Doorbell
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Answer the door wherever you are - see and speak to visitors directly from your smartphone
- Easy setup - use existing wiring for quick installation and connect to WiFi using the free app
- Smart motion detection - receive an alert and a recorded video clip whenever motion is detected
- Personalized voice message - a recorded message will play when you can't answer the door
- On demand access - access live video at any time from your smartphone or the web
Customers also search
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Zmodo Greet Doorbell is the latest in smart technology and allows you to receive a call right on your smartphone when somebody rings your doorbell. Tell the delivery man to drop off a package, ward off potential burglars, and greet friends no matter where you are
From the manufacturer
With Zmodo Greet, you're always home.
The Zmodo Smart Doorbell is the latest in smart technology and allows you to receive a call right on your smartphone when somebody rings your doorbell. It gives you the control, convenience and safety that you've never had before.
The Zmodo Greet Video Doorbell lets you answer your door from anywhere using your smartphone. It features an HD camera with night vision, providing a clear view from your front door, day and night. Whether you're home or away, feel confident knowing your home is covered, and you'll never miss another visitor.
Zmodo Greet - Smart Wi-Fi Video Doorbell
Never miss another visitor.
See, hear and speak to your visitors on your smartphone, whether you're at home, at work, or on the go. Tell the delivery driver to leave the package at the door, and ward off potential burglars looking for an empty home. With HD video, smart motion detection, and cloud recording, it's like you're home, even when you're not.
- Answer your door, wherever you are.
- Install and setup easily in minutes.
- Automatically record a 30-second video clip when motion is detected.
- Record and leave a personalized voice message.
- View crisp HD live video at any time from your smartphone.
- Receive instant alerts on your mobile device when motion is detected.
- Share your device with family and allow multiple users to control it and answer the door.
Answer your door, wherever you are.
On demand access
The Smart Doorbell doubles as a front door security camera, letting you check in any time from your smartphone or the web. In live view, you can capture snapshots directly to your phone.
The doorbell’s camera is manually adjustable, allowing you to get the best angle of your visitors. It’s specially designed to show you a vertical HD image so that you can talk to and see visitors of any height.
Accurate motion detection alerts and local storage
The Zmodo Smart Doorbell is enabled with a PIR sensor, providing accurate motion detection so that it can alert you with a video clip when anything’s out of the ordinary. Video clips are saved on thebuilt-in 8GB storage, with optional cloud backup.
Choose when you want to receive notifications and even set quiet hours to silence your chime from ringing.
Voice message and sharing
Record a message for your visitors that will automatically play when you can’t or don’t want to answer the door. The doorbell will also record a clip of the visitor you missed, so that you can review it later.
Share your doorbell with your family member’s accounts. Easily enable and revoke sharing access for house sitters or baby sitters, so that they can help secure your home while you’re away.
Set up easily in minutes.
Attach the doorbell to your existing wiring and mount it with the provided screws and anchors. Connect your doorbell to your home’s Wi-Fi with SmartLink, our easiest setup method yet. Just enter your Wi-Fi password, and your doorbell will connect automatically.
Reviewed in the United States on June 15, 2020
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update: Broken- less than six months after purchase. Cannot be heard when trying to answer the call button- sounds like static, unintelligible.... Have been speaking with Zmoda US customer service for over 2 weeks with lots of promises of replacement under warranty, additional 230 payment to cross ship, and have received nothing. We have no working doorbell, won’t answer,does not have night motion, no cameras, and out an additional 230...... this purchase and the ones that followed this one are turning into a huge waste of time and money.
Update on the update.... zmodo did come through. Have a new box with 5 of the six items replaced. One was “refurbished” and a little used looking but hey. I’m still ok with that. They did stand behind their items. I don’t know if the audio issue is better on these, but hey. I’m better off now than I was.
1. The mounting bracket is plastic with little lips and two very tiny screws to hold the main unit it place. Once you get the mounting bracket secured to your house, a 10 year old can come along and remove the main unit by pushing up from the bottom. The plastic mounting bracket is just not strong enough to hold the main unit in place. It should either use a full on metal mount or have combination metal / plastic with metal in key areas so the main unit can not be easily removed and also use something much larger than eye glass screws for securing the main unit to the mount.
2. The MeShare APP was designed for a completely different product. It appears that Zmodo owns the APP company and is selling another product with it. The APP was obviously designed for a different product and they are just trying to cut corners by reusing the MeShare APP for this device too. An example of what I mean, the MeShare APP has a microphone, turn on switch, you click the microphone icon for the camera and the APP responds “Turn on Unit sound switch.” there is no sound switch for the unit. Several times this message showed and wouldn’t even go away until I shut down the APP completely.
3. Maybe I’m wrong, or this is not possible, but if the device has power and for whatever reason it is not connected to the WiFi or setup hasn’t begun, or it has lost connection to the WiFi. Why does the unit stop the door chime from working as normal. It now makes this device an expensive wall hanger that won’t even work the door chime anymore. Going from knowing someone is at your door with video and sound, to not knowing someone is at your door and no way for them to get a hold of you except for the ancient knock knock method is unacceptable in the 21st century.
The problems below are with the unit I have, these could have been due to poor manufacturing procedures and or lack of quality control, as another reviewer said this product is manufactured in China and there is a big tag on the back of the Product proudly stating Zmodo at the top with “Made in China” at the bottom.
I’ll say this when the unit was connected and working, the video images had acceptable quality, with good frame rate and the doorbell APP response was adequate when the button was pushed. If only the device worked all of the time, it would rate 4 stars, 5 stars with the design flaws fixed.
1. Getting the unit connected to WiFi is suppose to be a simple three step procedure.
a) Unit button light turns solid Green with power to it.
b) Start MeShare APP when Unit Green light starts flashing. Enter WiFi security password to start connecting
c) Light will change to Blinking Blue as the connection is being made. After the connection is established the light turns solid Blue.
In one week working on this several hours each day, I was able to get the above to happen only twice. Most of the time the Unit would be solid Green with a short blink of Blue and go back to Solid Green for a while. It would never get to the Green blinking stage so you can complete the connection process. This happened no matter how many times I tried to reset the Unit with the inset button on the bottom or by removing it from Power source and trying again.
2. The unit will not maintain WiFi connection, even with a constant strong signal at the door bell location ( –37dBm and 150 Mbps). I was only able to connect the unit to my WiFi twice. Each time the connection only lasted a few hours and then the device was reported as offline. There is no easy way to reconnect the unit without going through the whole set up again. This problem could be fixed with a Smart APP that recognizes the problem and has a built in reconnect feature, not just a screen reporting the device is offline. The MeShare APP is currently useless when this happens, because you need to start all over from the beginning.
3. When the unit was working and connected correctly. I was never able to get a notification with the motion detection system. There is a switch to turn this off or on within the MeShare APP, however this just never worked. Since the Door Bell ring was pushed to the smart phone without a problem. I can only assume the motion detection system was not working in this unit. There were other features like Scheduling times for the door bell to work, but was unable to test this feature with the short WiFi connection time I experienced.
4. As other reviews have stated, there is little to no written support for the product. It is so new, they haven’t had the time to write anything up, Really?. The only thing that has been written is on Amazon questions and answers that Zmodo obviously uses as their FAQ sheet for the product. You might think this doesn’t make much difference for a product that only has a two wired connection and an APP to run it and you would be right if the product worked flawlessly. However, no device always works flawlessly, and this is only an attempt to sell a product without caring for your customers. Someone in management said get this thing out there to the public so we can get paid without any other thought. Saying please contact us directly is okay if you have 24 hours support, but they do not provide that. So customers must rely on other areas for support and this information is non-existent.
The whole product roll out is something you would expect from a start up at KickStarter, not an established company like Zmodo. Their lack of concern for the written instructions, design, quality control and manufacture of the product is insulting to their customers.
In short, I would not recommend this product to anyone. As a Beta Tester, I’m done testing. I was thinking about purchasing other Zmodo products, but with the way they rolled out this one. I find my confidence in the company lacking. I will be returning this product to Amazon.
Camera lens is able to be turned slightly, to adjust the viewing angle.
Set up was fast and easy
Video quality is excellent.
Video can be viewed on a computer (security monitoring)
The App (MeShare) is unstable. Must be reset several times a day in order to maintain contact with the device.
The device disconnects from the WiFi service frequently and without notice.
There is no clue that either the App or the device has disconnected: you simply no longer receive doorbell rings or motion notices until you reset.
App (MeShare) was not specific to this doorbell, and therefore has options which are not relevant.
Update: The camera works for a day or 2 then needs to be reset by manually holding doorbell down for 30 secs. It seems to be an unresolved issue with this item.