Zmodo Greet - Smart WiFi Video Doorbell
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Answer the door wherever you are - see and speak to visitors directly from your smartphone. On-Demand video means that you can view live video of your front porch at any time, even if no one rings the bell
- A new HD wide-angle lens gives you a clear view of your entire space. Slide your finger over the live view screen to pan the video feed left or right
- Easy setup - use existing wiring for quick installation and easily connect the Greet to your WiFi using the free mobile app. Video tutorials and more can be found on our support page.
- Smart motion detection - receive an alert and a recorded video clip whenever motion is detected
- New and improved two-way audio allows both parties to speak simultaneously
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Never miss another visitor.
Zmodo Greet is a smart video doorbell that allows you to see and talk to visitors at your door with your smartphone, whether you’re at home, at work, or on the go.
Greet requires the Zmodo app (available for iOS 7 and up and Android 4.0 and up) for setup and a password-protected 2.4GHz WiFi network with WPA/WPA2 encryption.
Greet is designed to connect seamlessly to the existing wiring from your home's mechanical doorbell chime. Greet can be connected to low voltage transformers operating between 16VAC and 36VAC only.
What‘s in the box
- Zmodo Greet Doorbell
- Quick User Guide
Accurate motion detection alerts
Greet is enabled with a PIR sensor, providing accurate motion detection so that it can alert you with a video clip when anything’s out of the ordinary.
Compare with similar items
Zmodo Greet - Smart WiFi Video Doorbell
SkyBell HD Bronze WiFi Video Doorbell
August Doorbell Camera, 1st generation - Silver
iseeBell Wi-Fi Enabled HD Video Doorbell with Two-way Audio, Night Vision and Smart App Control[Hardwired Version]
Ring Video Doorbell 2
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||xsecu||Filter Pro||ChattaBargains||ISEEBELL||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||2 x 5 x 3 in||1.42 x 2.76 x 5.04 in||0.9 x 2.8 x 2.8 in||2.9 x 2.9 x 0.9 in||2.87 x 0.88 x 3.35 in||2.44 x 2.38 x 5.06 in|
See, hear, and speak to your visitors on your smartphone, whether you're at home or on the go. The ""On-Demand"" feature lets you access live video and see who’s at your door at any time. With HD video, smart motion detection, and real-time alerts, it's like you're at home, even when you're not. Greet is easy to mount and install, and includes a security screw to deter theft. In the rare case that your Greet is stolen, our anti-theft policy will replace it for free.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Installation was a breeze. It took me about 10 minutes to remove the old button and replace it with the Zmodo Greet. Pressed the button and the mechanical chime rang in the house. Set my phone to the WIFI network to be used by the Greet, I have few, both 5G and 2.4G so I temporarily set the phone to the 2.4G network. For the initial setting you need your phone to be on the same 2.4G network as the Greet. After the initial setting you can switch back to your favorite WIFI access point/router. Adding the Greet to the Zmodo account was very easy and took only few seconds. Switched my phone back to the 5G WIFI. Rang the bell and everything worked as expected, the mechanical chime rang, the Greet chime rang, and the phone rang to show that someone pressed the doorbell. Perfect.
There are few issues I found:
1. Most people when they ring the doorbell are very close to it so it is sometimes hard to see the whole person. I assume this is a problem with all video doorbells though.
2. At least on Android, I found the volume to be very low. I know it is not a Greet issue since when I use the web site the volume is fine and the microphone is very sensitive.
3. There needs to be more documentation on the Zmodo app. Some settings, like the alert off-time are not very intuitive to say the least. For example, try to set the quiet time to be 10pm - 6am. Solution which I got from Zmodo support: set one quiet time between 12am and 6am, and another between 9:59(!)pm and 11:59(!)pm. Intuitive, right? Also if you try to edit the setting for one or more days you need to clear the settings first and re-enter the whole thing. Yuck.
Before I got the Greet I tried to install the Ring Video Doorbell Pro. Pressing the doorbell button didn't sound the old chime, nor was I able to configure it to connect to the WIFI network. All because the voltage on my doorbell lines was 15.46V which is below the 16V minimum the Ring Pro required. Greet doesn't require a minimum of 16V, so it should works with more configurations. Also the Greet doesn't require modifying and tapping into the mechanical chime as the Ring Pro requires for the night vision. The Ring Pro went back to the store.
Overall I am pretty happy, but then this is after one day. Will see how it holds up.
Update after a month:
Remote ring is iffy at best. After few times that my phone received ring notifications it seems that I no longer get my phone to ring when someone presses the doorbell button or I receive it late. Today my phone received the ring alert after the FedEx guy was already getting back into his truck so I'd say I received it about 20-30 seconds after the doorbell button was pressed. Not very useful, is it?
Motion alerts issues:
They don't always work. There are days that I check the zmodo app on my phone and fine many motion captures that I have not received any alert for.
I get too many alerts for cars driving in the cul-de-sac since there is no way to limit the motion detection area.
Motion capture seems to start too late in many cases where I can see only the last split second before the car disappears.
This is getting worse. I tested it today and my phone received the ring notification 2 minutes(!) after I pressed the doorbell button. I am assuming that when the button is pressed it goes through Zmodo's servers and these servers are not keeping up. This device proves itself to be completely useless.
I wonder now if there is any video doorbell that actually works and works well. Ring Pro doesn't and this one doesn't.
The warranty on this Zmodo Greet is 3 years. That made me comfortable on this products and other Zmodo products. I did owed Zmodo sPoE DVR that why I will like to keep all security equipment in one platform the zmodo app can do all that. I have planed to order the Zmodo Pivot to my security system at home.
Very important!! Before you buy the Zmodo Greet make sure your transformer output is 16.5 -30 VAC.!
Things that need re-work or adjustments: As others had said, due to the proximity of the people knocking on the door you cannot see them unless they move back a little. It would also be nice to have a portrait view of the main screen, not only the live feed.
Now my problem: the motion sensor is hipper sensitive and cannot be adjusted. The notifications come in every few minutes even when no one is approaching or no car is passing by. The slightest tree or cloud move will trigger an alarm which renders this feature unusable; I will turning it off. The enclosed picture are the notifications received since I started writing this review.
I will continue to monitor and will update the rating as issues are resolved.