Zmodo SPoE Security System - 4 Channel NVR & 4 x 720p IP Cameras with No Hard Drive
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Simplified Power over Ethernet- sPoE technology makes installation easy. One network cable per camera provides both power and video signal.
- 720p HD Cameras - With 720p color image sensors and 2.8mm lenses, the cameras allow you to capture images with 720p HD resolution. IR LEDs provide night vision up to 65'. 81 Degree diagonal field of view allows you to view a wide area.
- Free mobile app - Easily access the video on the Zmodo app (download required) for connection with select iOS and Android devices, so you can monitor your home or business while you're on the go. The app also has push alert features to send you an alert when the cameras detect motion. (App available for iOS 7 and up, and Android 4.0 and up
- Easy web interface - View live video from any web browser at user.zmodo.com. Simply log in with the same account information you created on the app, and you can view your cameras on a computer without any port forwarding or IP address hassle.
- Advanced recording features - Optional intelligent recording mode can save space on your hard drive, recording at fewer frames per second when no motion is detected and at maximum frames per second during motion.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Zmodo sPoE Camera System
The Zmodo sPoE camera system is a 4 camera monitoring solution for your home or business. Setup is as simple as downloading the free Zmodo App, creating an account, and using the app to connect your system to your Internet.
Once setup, you can remotely view from anywhere with a smartphone, tablet, or PC. The NVR supports a hard drive of up to 2TB (not included) so that you can save up to 50 days of footage from all four cameras. Enjoy peace of mind no matter where you are and be notified when something happens with motion detection alerts that come right to your phone.
Fewer cables, better video quality!
Simplified Power over Ethernet technology gives you high-definition, digital video signal with the stability of a wired connection. One network cable connects each camera to the back of the NVR, simultaneously providing power and transmitting the video.
Mobile Snapshot Notificaitons
Receive notifications right on your phone when motion is detected. You can schedule the alerts, so you are only notified when you need to be. View alert snapshots in the mobile Zmodo App (available for iOS 7 and up and Android 4.0 and up) or in the Zmodo web interface at the official website.
Mobile Snapshot Notificaitons
HD Video Day Night
US-based Tech Support
Download manuals, view how-to videos, and read troubleshooting articles at our official website.
US-based phone support is also available.
3 Year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty
What's in the box:
- (1) 4 Channel NVR (No Hard Drive Included)
- (4) sPoE Cameras
- (2) 50ft Network Cables
- (2) 80ft Network Cables
- (1) 3ft Ethernet Cable
- (1) Mouse
- (1) Quick Setup Guide
4 Channel 720P NVR System with 4 HD 720p Cameras. Hard drive not included.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
WHY ZMODOs CUSTOMER CARE AND PRODUCT ARE NOT WORTH:
Before installing the cameras, I checked the NVR system and features and noticed the firmware version was outdated. I followed ZMODOs manual on page 30 and 54 (pictures attached): [...]
1. Download the updated firmware from the website on your computer. – done (from ZMODO’s website [...])
2. Place the file onto a USB drive. - done
3. Connect the USB drive to the USB port on your NVR. – done
4. Go to the General Settings menu in the Main Menu and access the Version/Upgrade page - done
5. Select "Upgrade" and wait 5-10 minutes. - done
Everything was smooth until it rebooted. After that, all I got was the screen with a “LOADING” message.
I searched the web for a solution and ended up in ZMODO’s Forum hoping that they could provide a solution. I started a new thread detailing the issue and in the same day, two other customers joined the thread, stating they had the same issue. The reply from ZMODO (Patty) was:
ZMODO’s response: “One of your examples for a firmware update bricking an NVR is a result of using an unsupported update method. Often we see individuals attempt to update the NVR systems using a file copied to a USB drive.”
I questioned how come they call the firmware flashing via USB as unsupported method if:
1. This procedure is clearly described in page 30 of ZMODOs manual
2. The file is released to its customers on [...]
3. The NVR has a dedicated USB port for that and the firmware flashing is part of its own software
My messages after that were deleted, my login was deleted as well as the other customers with the same issue, my IP was also blocked so I couldn’t create another user! I was outraged by that behavior! How come ZMODO prefers to ban its customers instead of replying the message with a solution to restore/ fix its hardware!
Since I couldn’t reach them through the Forum, I questioned them why my user and everybody else with the same issue were “blacklisted” in the Forum. And the answer was:
1. We sent malicious links – SERIOUSLY??!? Since when ZMODO’s URL for its own firmware is considered a malicious link?
2. We did not engage into “constructive conversation” – SERIOUSLY?!? Just because we questioned ZMODO’s message that is not constructive? Please note, that at all times myself and two other customers that were also banned for NO REASON from ZMODOs forum were very respectful. In the end of the day, we just want the NVR fixed even though we followed ZMODOs procedure.
During the chat with “Marcela R”, it is clear that ZMODO prefers the blame game script towards its customers instead of fixing the issue:
1. First she questions why I did the upgrade and how come I did not call them first - as if we have to call Microsoft, Google for all its updates. ZMODO: We just expect that you have tested your updates before releasing it to your customers.
2. Then she says that USB flashing is not supported (which is nonsense). I ask where that is written in the manual and she cant clarify that
3. Then she says that only “online update” is supported – as if ALL NVR are connected to the internet. Many of them are stand alone… she cant clarify where that is written as well
4. Then she says that the warranty is void if I flash the new firmare – and of course cant pinpoint where that is written in the manual
5. Then she says that I was doing a downgrade and not an upgrade, and that is not supported – another nonsense as I was doing an upgrade (I have 20+ years of software developmente so I know exactly that I was doing an upgrade)
6. Then… after all the above she says that the only solution is to buy a new one!
I can understand bugs and crashes from highly integrated ecosystems such as Windows and all its hardware and software vendors but not bricking a hardware that has only a single vendor like ZMODO. They could at least test the firmware they release to its customers! So many customers are having the same issue and they don’t acknowledge it. And worse… they prefer the blame game. I wish ZMODO could be more professional towards its customers. How hard is it to write a solution on the forum or have it fixed? We followed ZMODO’s instructions and now we have a bricked hardware and it is not our fault!
Hopefully other potential buyers will choose a better brand that respects its customers and not fall into ZMODO’s rogue practices!!
I felt like it did a great job at the price point. The infrared night vision was perfect. I was recommending this system since it was cheap, easy to install, free app and power over ethernet. However at this point I need to change this to a 1 star since the system is virtually useless.
Also, one of the camera's is starting to blur out. It was right at the 1 year mark and I was not able to change it out before the 1 year Limited warranty expired.
I sent several emails to support, no response. Their live chat is offline even though it states it is during business hours. I just tried calling and waited for 15 minutes before trying to hold my place in line by pressing "1" as the recording stated. Once I did that, I hung up the phone and received a phone call right back. I thought it would be a live person, but it was the same recording, "Thank you for your patience." No idea what to do at this point.
Installed this in December of 2014. Had my first RMA on 2/23/2015 with a replacement camera needed. Had my second RMA on 4/30/2015 with a replacement drive needed. Had my third RMA in October of that year for a complete replacement of the recording unit and drive and then another RMA for a camera again.
Every time required hours on the phone. I'm in the IT business and despite my troubleshooting they had to do all of their tests to confirm what I told them each time. For example: No video on channel 1. So I go take camera from channel 1 and put it on feed from Channel 2. Now no video on Channel 2. Seems there is no other conclusion than bad camera but they still want you to put camera from 2 in postion 1 to see if that works. What a waste of time and money. Now I have camera that died again after they replaced it twice and they are using original invoice date to deny warranty.
Even when it did work the color was horrible on all but the best lighting conditions. It would jump back to black @ white all the time.
Top international reviews
Incluye cables UTP para las cámaras
Fácil de configurar e instalar
Visión nocturna dejó de funcionar después de un apagón de energía, esperando que se arreglé
VISIÓN nocturna POBRE
NO HAY Notificaciones sms o email
App móvil básica
Deja de grabar repentinamente a pesar de que esta en la opción sobreescribir.
Further, when I requested instructions for the software, they quickly sent me copy and when one camera failed, they sent a replacement very quickly. Now, I am not a CCTV expert, but I got an excellent system for a wonderful price which also had excellent service from the company...
Installation is very straight forward as only one network cable will do. No need for finding a power outlet and video cable (much thicker and less flexible). Used the QRcode to find the monitoring software to install on my Android phone. Now I can monitor my home anywhere.
Video quality is pretty good. Thanks to another post suggesting not to initialize the camera in low light. I did that at first and two of the cameras didn't focus at all. Once I initialize at broad day light, the cameras function well both day and night.
The most annoying thing is that the software generates alerts when switching from day to night mode. So it happens everyday at dawn and dusk for every camera. So make sure you don't wire it to your alarm system or you'll at least get alarm every day eight times at least (4 cameras 2 times a day). At one point the Android app somehow hides the recording review function. The software definitely needs some work.