Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Zodiac Automatic In Ground Pool Cleaner | MX6" and save 41% off the $349.96 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Zodiac Automatic In Ground Pool Cleaner | MX6
|Price:||$286.44 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$63.52 (18%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Innovative low-flow design makes it ideal for pools with 2-speed or variable speed pumps
- Cyclonic suction for powerful vacuuming and articulating turbine blade for aggressive wall-climbing
- Swiveling hoses are quick-connect style for easy assembly
- Includes automatic Weir Valve, 90° Twist Lock Elbow, 7 x 1.2m Twist Lock Hose Lengths, Flow Regulator Valve, Hose Float, Hose Protector, Warranty Card.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Zodiac MX6 is a compact yet powerful, ultra-efficient, suction side pool cleaner that features best in class vacuum power and programmed navigation for a totally clean pool without all the hassle. With an innovative low-flow design, it consumes less energy than any cleaner in its class, making it ideal for pools with 2-speed and variable speed pumps. The MX6 also incorporates cyclonic suction for powerful vacuuming and an articulating turbine blade for aggressive wall-climbing. Swiveling hoses are quick-connect style for easy assembly and a flow regulator controls the water flow so there is nothing to adjust at the skimmer. Includes 8.4m of hose and is backed by a 1 year warranty.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I debated whether to give 4 or 5 stars but since there are a few issues, though minor, I felt that 4 was more accurate. Still, it was a close call.
Overall, when trying to decide on which cleaner to buy I noticed negative reviews on every model though most had mostly positive reviews. This was also the case with the MX6. In particular, I noticed complaints that it did not climb walls, failed after brief use, or had inadequate function with lower pressure pumps. For the record, we have an older single pressure pump (almost 16 years old) so I can not comment on any issues with low suction flow.
First, the more negative aspects:
1. The Zodiac arrives with everything you will need. Attachment of the hoses is readily explained, but it appears that the more traditional hoses we already have might not work with this. The Zodiac uses hoses that twist somewhat of a locking connection, while our older hoses simply twist on. I did not try using our current hoses but it appears that at the sweeper attachment and also to our in-wall return we would have to use only the type of hose that comes with the Zodiac. Considering the cost of hoses, I am not thrilled that I might not be able to use any of the hoses we already have in the event of a tear in a Zodiac hose.
2. The instructions are probably adequate, but otherwise incredibly sparse. When you set up the Zodiac, you will see a yellow marker on one wheel that allows you to count the revolutions it makes in a given time period. This is how you adjust the flow to increase or decrease the speed of the wheels. If you have it connected via the skimmer, then there is a mechanism on the connector for adjusting the flow (and therefore the speed) but the connection for the wall return, which we use, uses a different connector that has no such adjustment feature. If there is a way to adjust the flow with the included materials, I was not able to figure out how to do it. Fortunately, I had the adjustable connector from the "Poolcleaner" model and I added that to the Zodiac connector and therefore was able to adjust the speed of revolutions per the instruction recommendations.
For the positive:
1. The unit is compact, easy to carry (even has an included handle) and set up for our system was easy (except as described above).
2. It is actually rather attractive cosmetically
3. The price is far superior to other automatic pool vacuums that rely on filter suction. The Amazon price was the best I could find anywhere
4. So far, the vacuum is working flawlessly. It has no problem climbing the pool wall and never gets stuck in one position. It seems to be providing good cleaning and the walls and pool bottom appear completely clean
5. All accessories are included
6. Getting to the inside of the unit is unbelievably easy. You open a door (no tools required) and do any cleaning needed
7. Shipping was incredibly fast
8. Replacement parts tend to be much less expensive with the Zodiac than some other pool cleaners.
One final comment. We live in Florida and we have a screened cage around the pool area. This keeps out large debris such as leaves, etc. I have read others complain the the unit is easily clogged when large leaves or palm debris is present. Since we do not experience such problems in our pool, I can not elaborate on those issues except to point out that I am not sure why any vacuum would not get equally clogged. At least the Zodiac is easy to get inside.
If problems emerge with time, I will post follow up reviews.
12/12/2016 addendum: I wanted to add that while I was disappointed that I might not be able to use the more standard hoses that I already have on hand, I do think that the locking mechanism on the Zodiac hoses is nice. I have not had any issues with traditional hoses separating, but if you do, then the Zodiac hoses would probably eliminate such issues.
Sept. 29 Addendum: We have been using the cleaner all summer and all is well. For a brief period the cleaner would periodically stopped moving. I finally discovered that excess amounts of the sand that was used on our deck pavers had gotten into the pool and was interfering with the gears. The Zodiac is very simple to open up. I simple flushed out y he inside of the Zodiac and thoroughly vacuumed the pool with the manual sweeper and now everything is working fine. Still, I am left feeling a bit unhappy that such fine grit could gum up the works.
As for inability to climb walls that other reviewers complained about, we have had no issues at all. In fact, it was climbing too well and then sucking air at the surface. I adjusted the filter to increase the suction at the skimmer, reducing the suction at the Zodiac and now it climbs just the right amoint.
I ordered this and when it arrived I dropped it into a somewhat dirty pool. I was disappointed when it promptly rolled into a large pile of debris and stopped dead. A quick inspection found that it had pulled in a palm frond that had jammed the impeller. A quick removal, and I sent "him" back in. This time it took about a hour before he jammed again and he had removed most of the debris. Another quick removal and he was off again. It's been about 10 days now and no more jams and the pool is the cleanest it has been in a while.
My daughter has the Hayward and I had borrowed it and tried it, however, I think the Zodiac works better, at least for me (and it costs less).
Since my pool doesn't have a dedicated cleaner intake I need to connect the unit through my skimmer intake which of course disables the skimmer. I corrected that issue with a "Skim-a-Round" and the two of these together are saving me a lot of time that I had been spending working the pool. (I haven't touched it myself since I bought this, a gain of 2 hours per day, and cleaner than I can keep it).
The pool actually has a Caretaker self cleaning system, however, it really can't remove the leaves of vacuum the walls like this thing does. I have turned it off since I brought in the Zodiac.
Probably worth noting that the Zodiac climbs the walls, however, he can't pull himself onto the steps or the seat in the pool.
Lastly, it's weird, however, I like to watch it work. Makes it more fun to sit by the pool and see it go (kinda like sitting by the fire in a camping trip).
Pool info. Located in PHX, 15000 gallons, pebbletec with DE Filter and 1 HP motor.