4-Year Home Improvement Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Zoeller M53 Mighty-mate Submersible Sump Pump, 1/3 Hp
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Specifications for this item
|Item Weight||21.0 pounds|
|Material||Engineered Thermoplastic Base, Cast Iron Switch|
|Number of Items||1|
|Specific Uses For Product||sump pump|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item Zoeller M53 Mighty-mate Submersible Sump Pump, 1/3 Hp
WAYNE CDU980E 3/4 HP Submersible Cast Iron and Stainless Steel Sump Pump With Integrated Vertical Float Switch
WAYNE CDU790 1/3 HP Submersible Cast Iron and Steel Sump Pump With Integrated Vertical Float Switch
Zoeller 57-0001 M57 Basement High Capacity Sump Pump
Zoeller M63 PREMIUM SERIES 5 Year Warranty Mighty-mate Submersible Sump Pump, 1/3 Hp by Zoeller
Zoeller 98-0001 115-Volt 1/2 Horse Power Model M98 Flow-Mate Automatic Cast Iron Single Phase Submersible Sump/Effluent Pump
|Price||See price in cart||$149.00||$117.00||See price in cart||See price in cart||$224.00|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||NYDIRECT||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||My PlumbingStuff®||NYDIRECT||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||10.5 x 7.8 x 10.5 in||8 x 8 x 12 in||9 x 9 x 12 in||11 x 11 x 8 in||7 x 10.5 x 10.5 in||8 x 10.8 x 12.3 in|
Zoeller Pump Co. M-53 Mighty Mate clear effluent or dewatering submersible pump. Choice of many plumbers and contractors. 1/3 HP cast iron housing with plastic vortex impeller. 9ft. power cord. Truely a all star pump. Powder coated epoxy CI and SS fastners. Oil filled motor with thermal overload. CSA UL SSPMA
From the Manufacturer
When you have residential or commercial wastewater issues, you can count on Zoeller Pumps to deliver the very best solutions-our commitment to top quality offers you years of service and durability.
Top customer reviews
The key to keeping them running forever is some periodic service.
1) SWITCH : As many have found the hard way, it's unfortunate that the switch in this pump is the weak link in an otherwise bombproof product. Luckily, this plastic switch is very easily replaced with a screwdriver ($25-part # 004892 or 004705 - don't forget a rubber gasket). They seem to last 3-6 yrs depending on the conditions used - mine activate on average every 2-3 minutes, sometimes as frequently as every 20 sec during a heavy storm. The switches in my pumps last 3-4 yrs.
2) RUBBER FLOAT LEVER BOOT: The rubber boot/seal where the float lever enters the pump cap assembly will harden over time, providing just enough resistance for the lever not to activate the pump switch (very frustrating to find the pump submerged underwater, then the slightest movement triggers the motor) - keeping this lubricated with a bit of silicone grease will help prevent or solve this problem. (Make sure not to use a petroleum based grease.) When/if it fails, the cap assembly will need to be replaced ($30 - part #004703).
3) IMPELLER/CHECK VALVE : periodically remove the base of the pump (just remove several screws) to scrape/clear out any built up debris or buildup, clear the area by the exit pipe and make sure the check valve can operate properly.
4) FLOW HOLES - there are two small holes in the pump assembly by impeller and exit pipe. These will get clogged over time and can cause an unlikely 'airlock' situation where the impeller with turn freely within a pocket of air and not push any fluids. Keeping these holes clear with a nail will prevent this condition.
Jumped online, looked it up on amazon (while in that big box stores parking lot) & got my Zoeller ordered right then. It got to us fast. Easy switch up & install. Loved the design which I compared to my busted sump pump & my back up. It is much more robust & better built than those two. I want to pick up another one for a back up & keep the old back up as a back up for the back up, though I doubt I'd need it. These Zoellers are awesome at what they do. Efficient, quiet & long lasting!
As others have mentioned, it is very well built. Easy to install. Amazon has a great price on this product. 5 out of 5 stars. Would give it more if I could,
If you called a plumber, this is 99% the pump they would bring with them, along with a much bigger bill!
Amazon Prime shipping meant that I got a pump that is well made, supports the US economy and arrived before my basement flooded.
Make the smart choice and buy this pump, you will thank yourself down the road.