Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $11.25 shipping
Zojirushi America Corporation CV-DCC40XT VE Hybrid Water Boiler and Warmer, 4-Liter, Stainless Dark Brown
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Hybrid water boiler and warmer
- 4 keep warm temperature settings (160 Degree F, 175 Degree F, 195 Degree F, 208 Degree F) and vacuum insulated non-electric keep warm
- Dimensions - 8.8 x 11.1 x 13.9 inches
- Quick temp mode brings water to desired temperature without boiling, Micro computerized temperature control system
- Easy-To-Clean nonstick interior and clear-coated stainless steel body
- Refer user manual below.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Zojirushi Corporation began operation more than 90 years ago with the launch of its first glass-lined vacuum bottle - setting an industry standard for new vacuum insulation technology in an everyday household product and firmly establishing itself as a company which uses cutting edge technology to bring comfort, ease, vitality and affluence into the lives of its customers worldwide.
Zojirushi is dedicated to offering a new generation of products that exemplify ease, affluence and style in its three main business areas: Cooking appliances, food and beverage preservation and amenities for both home and industry. It will continue to offer attractive products that cater to modern needs based on its guiding philosophy - to improve customers' quality of life through innovative technology - into the 21st Century and beyond.
VE Hybrid Water Boiler and Warmer CV-DCC40
4.0 liter (135 ounce) Vacuum-Electric Hybrid Water Boiler and Dispenser
This energy efficient VE Hybrid Water Boiler and Warmer utilizes vacuum insulation technology (like travel mugs) to keep water hot with very little electricity. It features the new Quick Temp mode, which significantly reduces the heating time by directly reaching 160°F, 175°F, or 195°F keep warm temperatures without reaching a boil.
- Vacuum-electric (VE) hybrid keep warm system
- 4 keep warm temperature settings (160°F, 175°F, 195°F, 208°F and Vacuum Insulated Non-Electric Keep Warm)
- Quick Temp mode reaches 160°F, 175°F, or 195°F keep warm directly without reaching a boil
- Micro computerized temperature control system
- Easy-to-clean, clear coated stainless steel body and non-stick interior
- Energy-saving timer function (6-10 hours)
- Interchangeable melody or beep signal may also be turned off
- cETLus listed
- Made in Japan
- Operating Temperature 160°F, 175°F, 195°F, 208°F and Vacuum / REBOIL
- Color Stainless Dark Brown
- Swivel base for serving convenience
- Detachable lid
- Steam-reduce feature reduces the amount of steam emitted by turning off the heater immediately before reaching a boil
- Capacity 135 oz. / 4.0 liters
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 8-3/4 x 11-1/8 x 13-7/8 inches
- Electrical Rating 120 volts / 840 watts
- Color Stainless Dark Brown
Quick Temp Mode:
This mode heats the water directly to the selected keep warm temperature without reaching a boil. The water will reach the selected keep warm temperature quicker than regular mode. Other benefits include reduced steam and reduced energy use. This mode should be used when dechlorination is not necessary, such as when using bottled or purified water. To activate, press the 'REBOIL/QUICK TEMP' button; the 'QUICK TEMP' light turns on.
Approx Time to Reach Temperature:
CV-DCC40: Regular / Quick Temp
195°F: 1 hr 55 min / 26 min
175°F: 4 hrs35 min / 23 min
160°F: 7 hrs 5 min / 1 hr 5 hrs
(At a room temperature of 73°F with the Inner Container filled to the Maximum Water Level Line.)
Note: For 160°F Quick Temp, the water will be heated to about 175°F (80°C) first, and then brought down to 160°F. Quick Temp mode cannot be selected for 208°F Keep Warm mode or Vacuum Insulated Keep Warm mode, and is not recommended when preparing baby formula.
Energy Saving Timer Function:
The Timer function helps save energy by shutting off electricity to the heater until boiling begins. Boiling will complete after the set time. The timer can be set for every hour between 6-10.
Automatic Shut-Off Function:
A safety function that automatically shuts off power to the heater in order to prevent damage from overheating. The display will show 'HH' to alert that Automatic Shut-Off has been activated. The following conditions may cause activation:
-Unit was plugged in without filling with water.
-Water level is lower than the REFILL line and boiling was attempted.
-Unit is empty or the upper lid is left open.
-Hot water was poured in immediately after unit was plugged in.
VE stands for Vacuum-Electric hybrid. Its stainless steel double insulation wall, including a layer of vacuum insulation, keeps water hot with very little electricity.
Average Power Consumption During Keep Warm (Approx.):
208°F: 20 watts
195°F: 16 watts
175°F: 12 watts
160°F: 11 watts
(Average Keep Warm electric power consumption is for one hour, provided that the Inner Container is full and the room temperature is approx. 73°F).
Keep Warm Temperature Settings:
208°F—Brew black, herbal and pu-erh tea; prepare coffee and instant noodles.
195°F—Brew oolong tea and white teas; reduces energy consumption by 27-28% compared to 208°F keep warm.
175°F—Brew various green teas (bancha, houjicha, genmaicha).
160°F / 140°F —Brew high quality green tea (gyokuro) or delicate teas.
VACUUM Insulated Keep Warm Mode:
This mode saves electricity by shutting off the power to the heater after the boiling process completes, and keeps water warm by vacuum insulation only.
<Heat Retention of VACUUM, Approx. Temperature>
In 2 hours / In 4 hours / In 6 hours
CV-DCC40: 190°F/ 178°F /167°F
(Temperatures are measured in the center of the Inner Container and are based on a room temperature of 73°F, with the maximum amount of water.)
Compare to similar items
This item Zojirushi America Corporation CV-DCC40XT VE Hybrid Water Boiler and Warmer, 4-Liter, Stainless Dark Brown
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Stainless Dark Brown||Silver||White||Black||Black|
|Item Dimensions||11.12 x 8.75 x 13.88 in||8.25 x 11.25 x 13.5 in||9.12 x 11.88 x 11.5 in||9.12 x 11.88 x 13.12 in||9.1 x 12 x 9.8 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic||Aluminum||Stainless Steel|
|Size||4-Liter||135 oz. / 4.0 Liters||135 oz/4.0 L||—||3.0-Liter|
Imagine having hot water available to you at the touch of a button, anytime, at exactly the right temperature for your needs. Different drinks, especially teas, require accuracy in the temperature of the water when brewing. Once you've added a Zojirushi water boiler to your life, you'll see how indispensable it really is. The Zojirushi VE Hybrid Water Boiler & Warmer includes a vacuum-electric keep warm system. 4 keep warm temperature settings, and vacuum insulated non-electric keep warm. The Quick Temp Mode heats the water directly to the selected keep warm temperature without reaching a boil. The water will reach the selected keep warm temperature quicker than regular mode. Other benefits include reduced steam and reduced energy use. This mode should be used when dechlorination is not necessary, such as when using bottle or purified water. Dispenser has a one-touch electric dispensing g system, and displays actual water temperature at all times. Includes energy-saving timer function (6-10 hours), and multiple safety features including auto shut-off.
Top customer reviews
- Lever to press with cup to get water to dispense (similar to refrigerators that have water dispensers built in)
- Light to light up area immediately below spout so it's easier to fill up a cup at night
- Manual dispense
Also, the first tiny bit of water that's dispensed is cooler than it should be. I'm sure this is whatever water sits in the dispensing tube and not in the boiler.
Note: Amazon.com ships this package in the manufacturer's store display packaging. I'm not factoring it into my review, but something everyone should be aware of. The box is definitely not made for shipping (I asked the manufacturer) and doesn't hold up well against UPS. I've let Amazon.com know (and got a replacement for the first one they shipped), but I do not know if they'll change their shipping practices.
Update: Amazon now offers you to select a different box for shipping: "This item's packaging will indicate what is inside. To cover it, select Ship in Amazon box on the checkout page."
We have since gone through three Zojirushi units since then, counting this one. The first one was a smaller unit which just got old after 5 years of every day -multiple times a day - use, but did not break. So we gave it away and upgrade to a 4-liter version, which unfortunately, after 6 faithful years of service, started a leak at the very bottom. That's when we bought this unit. Something like that would have turned me off any other brand but I love the Zojirushi and I'm glad we bought the new unit.
The advantages and great ways of using this unit are as follows:
- With the amount of water we use for tea, coffee, food, cooking, we had to refill the 4-liter unit a couple of times a day. This unit gets us through most of the day if it's full at the start.
- The black and silver color is extremely stylish.
- The temperature settings of 212, 195 and 175 are wonderful especially if you are into green teas which require a less than boiling temperature. You can also adjust those settings mid-way. Start at 212 then go to 195 then back up. It takes it just a few minutes to readjust.
- Slow vs. fast drip options are great, and can come in handy especially if you are making fancy coffee or slowly pouring water over fine tea leaves.
- We use filtered water from our Brita filter for the water. I find it tastes much better than unfiltered water but this varies depending on the water source in your areas and the minerals in the water.
- When we contact Zojirushi about the 4-liter version that started leaking, they said: "If you have hard water in NC like we do in CA, please make sure to using the CLEANING MODE to clean the unit with citric acid cleaner or lemon juice concentrate every one to three months due to calcium build up." Well, to be honest, we were slack in cleaning our Zojirushi. Now we are going to put it on the calendar to clean it regularly. Sharing this bit of information just as an FYI for you.
In summary, I LOVE Zojirushi as a brand. We also have the rice cooker and some other products by the brand and we are truly lifetime customers. Enjoy yours!
One note is that I would go for the 5L over the 4L; the footprint on your counter is the same and a little extra height will mean you have to refill it 25% less often. :)
Most recent customer reviews
Hot water at the push of a button...
If only it could be connected up to a water line and refill by itself...