Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 693 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 859 reviews
on October 11, 2009
Ditto what others have said about washing your grains - it's imperative. As it is I stand the cooker on a dishtowel and drape a couple of floursack towels around it. The vent hole does spit and a film will cover anything that is not covered.

That being said, this cooker makes some fabulous brown rice and oatmeal. It's my first one. Up until I bought it I wasn't much of a rice eater at all, and I was microwaving McCanns Quick Cooking Steelcut oatmeal since boiling oatmeal can be a chore. Now I use the real steel cut not the quick cooking and I can cook oatmeal either the night before or even in the morning. It comes out perfect every time if you use the instructions on the can (1 cup oatmeal/4 cups water). Milk is not necessary as it's creamy and chewy at the same time.

I cook brown rice only and so far, so good -- again using the package instructions. I couldn't figure out the Zojirushi instructions. I find it's better to add the oil after cooking rather than before and I don't use the warm feature as it's too hot and will scorch the bottom of the rice. The Zojirushi is pretty easy to clean. The part that gets the grittiest is the lid, but it cleans up with a tough sponge. For the money, this is an excellent rice cooker. I don't know what fuzzy logic does, anyway.
on June 16, 2017
Non stick and super reliable.
This is not made with shady materials like other much cheaper cookers.
Simple and works great every time. Follow the measuring instructions exactly.
No question / no regret.
on November 28, 2014
It does everything that I could have ever asked for. I cook brown and wild rice in it probably 2-3 times per week (up to 4-5 cups at a time), and they both come out pretty decently every time. I would recommend soaking the rice for at least a day prior to cooking it and adding more water than what the booklet recommends. Otherwise, bubbles will form and start to spit out of the little hole in the top, which creates quite a mess. Also, you should stir the rice as soon as it is done cooking to help prevent it from burning during the warming stage. I even cook quinoa in it and it comes out fantastically. It is also a very easy clean up since the lid is not attached.

Overall, it takes some practice to work out some of the unwanted tendencies, but is definitely worth the investment.
on August 16, 2015
Just want to add my two cents in. I have had this for 11 years! Yep, 11 years! I thought it was going since the last batch of rice I cooked did not cook properly. I was going to say that I'm in need of a new one but I cook another batch just to make sure it's gone but it's not. Some water must have gotten in the element that messed it up because it's working fine now. Even if it's gone, it's still a very good brand that I was going to get another one. By the way, I cook rice about 2-3 weeks in a month so it gets a workout.
on June 19, 2017
Seems to be about the same as the equivalent Panasonic, but spatters and costs more. If either cooker can be labelled as elegant, this one is less so. Both, however, do cook very well.
on February 23, 2017
Just what I was looking for. Large capacity, super-simple features. Didn't want all the fuzzy logic and timer, etc. I do have to keep an eye on it, though, if you let it default too long to "warm" after cooking, the rice tends to brown a bit on the bottom. So I let it warm for only a few minutes, then unplug. Could use an on/off switch.
VINE VOICEon February 2, 2016
This 3-cup rice cooker is the fourth ourchase for my family from this manufacturer. I will entrust no other brand to the task of rice cooking.
My faith in this manufacturer stems from the exceedingly high quality of this design and construction. Of the previous three cookers, only one has ever failed - after forty-four years in nearly daily use. That certainly qualifies for bullet-proof longevity.

The Zojirushi can be used to make many dishes, other than plain rice: jambalaya, rice and beans, mushroom rice, ahi tuna with shiitake - all can be accomplished with this Zojirushi. About the only thing I miss in rice cooking is the scorched rice sometimes found on the bottom of traditional rice simmering stovetop units. Zoji technology ensures fully cooked, nutritious rice minus the scorching..

It is absolutely essential for my family. I would trust nothing but Zoji,
on July 11, 2014
It's exactly what I wanted. I wanted a simple, no-frills rice cooker that fits in my small kitchen under my low cabinets. I didn't want the kind that keeps my rice warm because that dries it out! I often make rice hours ahead of time and want to be able to go outside or to the store and not worry that my rice will be dried to a crisp by the time I get back to it.

I wanted a cooker with a bowl with a lid that is not attached to the cooker, as some are, so I can put the leftover rice in the fridge, and so I can easily wash the rice and drain the water off using the lid to keep the rice in the bowl. I could have gone one size larger with this - it's quite small - but it is meeting my needs for now.

I have no problem with rice boiling over because I don't over-fill the cooker.
on October 15, 2015
Wow, on my first try (1 cup of uncooked brown rice, water to the 1.5 line), it made a perfect serving of rice! It was even fluffier than my old cooker, which was the National brand, a very well-respected model. I used the same brand of rice I always use and it was better than I'd ever had it. So happy I got this, plus it's so cute and fits right next to my water kettle on my small patch of counter space. I highly recommend it!
on April 13, 2014
We lucked out on a fancy Zojirushi rice cooker 7 years ago at a thrift store. Boy was it durable! Our dumb cat knocked it down from ON TOP of the refrigerator and it kept working like it didn't even happen. Eventually, after who even knows how much use, the inside insert start to peel off its covering. Because we liked it so much, we tried to find a new one, but as the model had been discontinued a few years ago, we couldn't find a replacement. We mourned it for a few days and picked up this one. It's an upgrade for us because it takes up WAY less space and cooks a more appropriate amount of rice for our family (we always had WAY too much leftover). We've been using it for a few months and I barely ever think about its predecessor anymore!