Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker and W...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 12% off the $175.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer, Black and Stainless Steel
|Price:||$259.96 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3-cup capacity makes 6 cups of perfectly cooked cooked rice every time(Capacity is measured in the approx. 6 oz. / 180mL rice measuring cup, using raw short grain white rice. Other grains may vary.)
- Cooking Functions: White/Mixed, Sushi, Porridge, Brown, and Quick Cooking
- Inner cooking pan provides even heating for better cooking and measuring lines for precise control of ingredients
- Features detachable inner lid, easy-to-read LCD control panel, automatic and extended keep-warm setting, reheating cycle, delay timer with two settings and a built-in retractable power cord
- Small footprint takes up minimal counter space; Accessories include measuring cup, nonstick rice spatula, and spatula holder
- NOTE: Please ensure to measure rice in the cup that comes along with the product ONLY
- Manufactured in China
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer, Black and Stainless Steel
Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD 8-Cup (Cooked) Digital Cool-Touch Rice Cooker and Food Steamer with Stainless Steel Exterior, Silver
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||KCT Store||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Live_Well||Amazon.com|
|Color||Black/Stainless Steel||Stainless Black||Silver||Stainless Brown||Beige||Stainless Dark Brown|
|Item Dimensions||9.1 x 11.8 x 7.5 in||9.12 x 11.88 x 7.5 in||9.3 x 8.5 x 8.7 in||8.5 x 10.1 x 14 in||7.9 x 10.9 x 8.8 in||9.12 x 11.88 x 7.5 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Size||3 cup||—||8-Cup||1.0 Liter||One Size||—|
Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker and Warmer, Stainless Steel
Make the most perfect, tasty rice every time with the Zojirushi Fuzzy Logic Rice Cooker and Warmer. The 3-cup capacity makes 6 cups of cooked rice, ideal for singles, couples, and small families.
The NS-LAC05XT includes a variety of cooking functions including white rice/sushi, mixed rice, porridge, sweet, brown, and quick cooking.
This unit contains a removable black thick inner cooking pan that provides even heating for better cooking with measuring lines for precise control of ingredients. It also has an interchangeable melody and beep signal to indicate when the cooking cycle has ended. Other highlights include a detachable and washable inner lid, an easy-to-read LCD control panel, and automatic keep warm, extended keep warm and reheating cycle, delay timer with two settings and a built-in retractable power cord.
The unit's clear-coated stainless-steel exterior not only cleans easily, but also matches any kitchen decor. Accessories include a spatula, a spatula holder, and a rice-measuring cup. The 120 volts / 450-watt rice cooker and warmer measures 9-1/8 by 11-7/8 by 7-1/2 inches.
NS-LAC05XT Product Features
- Small footprint. Minimal counter space.
- Beautiful sleek design. Modern look to match most kitchens.
- Micro computerized Fuzzy-Logic technology
- 3-Cup (uncooked rice) capacity. Ideal for singles, couples, and small families.
- Automatic Keep-Warm setting.
- Built-in retractable power cord.
- Menu Settings: White/Mixed, Sushi, Porridge, Brown, and Quick Cooking.
- Easy-to-read colored LCD control panel with Clock and Timer functions
- Spherical inner cooking pan and heating system provide even heating for better results.
- Detachable and washable inner lid.
- cETLus listed
Make every rice type imaginable with a Zojirushi Rice Cooker
This is a menu setting designed to cook delicious brown rice. In order to cook hard rice bran and the rice inside, preheating time is extended for better absorption of water, and is cooked at a lower temperature to allow the rice to cook longer without becoming mushy.
Because sushi rice will be processed after it's cooked, it's easier to handle when it is a little firmer. This menu setting is very similar to regular white rice, but uses less water (adjusted by the water fill lines) for a firm finish.
Mixed rice is rice cooked with additional ingredients and seasonings. This setting extends preheating for better absorption of seasoning. Also, the cooking temperature is slightly lower than regular white rice, to avoid ingredients from boiling over.
Instead of cooking rice in larger amounts of water and risk making it sloppy, use the porridge setting to cook fluffy porridge. Cooking temperature is slightly lower than regular white rice, to be cooked longer for soft texture.
MICOM (Microcomputer) Technology
Aided by microcomputer technology, this category of rice cooker takes having rice on your menu from “occasional” to “serious”. Basically, the microchip does all the thinking for you, as far as adjusting cooking times and temperatures according to the type of rice you are cooking, and timing the pre-soaking of the raw grains and the final “wait” period during steaming.
MICOM allows the cooker to have multiple functions on its menu, making it a necessity for any avid rice fan who wants to incorporate rice into her daily diet.
How it Works
Conventional rice cookers simply turn on and off in reaction to temperature. The “fuzzy logic” of MICOM fine tunes this adjustment to adapt to various rice types, such as white, brown, sweet or porridge, which all has different cooking requirements. The trigger to everything is the thermal sensor, a small round button at the bottom of the inner body of the cooker. As the inner pan’s weight rests on it and activates the sensor, it starts the cooking process and keeps an eye on the temperature and time.
Top customer reviews
* It cooks rice, steel cut oats, and other whole grains flawlessly and then automatically reduces heat to keep warm for several hours
* You can select a menu setting and then press "Cook," or use 1 of 2 preset timers to complete cooking by a specific time
* Spherical cooking pan is nonstick and fairly heavy (excellent quality)
* The inner lid not only comes out for cleaning, but the rubber seal is part of the detachable inner lid (making it easier to clean)
* The musical alert when done cooking is pleasant and loud enough so I can hear it from other rooms
* This is a small rice cooker, perfect for singles or a small family (and a small footprint which is great for small kitchens)
* The cord is retractable (again, handy for a smaller kitchen)
* It has an attractive aluminum and black plastic exterior that is easy to clean and contemporary-looking
* It has a handle so you can take it with you -- handy for a potluck
* It uses "fuzzy logic" to automatically adjust cooking time
I've used this rice cooker to cook whole grains (brown rice, black rice, wild rice, quinoa, steel cut oats) as well as mixed dishes (i.e., rice-based one pot dinners). I'm not the most sophisticated cook but everything I've cooked in this Zojirushi has turned out great. I'm sure my friends are beginning to get bored hearing how much I love waking up to freshly cooked steel cut oats for breakfast. ;-)
There are a few items folks may need to adjust to (not really "cons" just need to be aware of):
* Rice cooker cups are not the U.S. standard 8 ounce cup. I haven't found this to be an issue, I just make sure I use the included cup. If I lose the cup, it's easily replaceable via Zojirushi.com or Amazon.
* The clock/timer uses military time. Again, not a big deal... If you're in the U.S., just add 12 hours onto the time you have in mind.
* It doesn't include "high end" features like induction heating, umami setting, scorch setting, etc. For me, this isn't an issue because the quality of this rice cooker is superb and does everything I need.
* The "feet" aren't very grippy so I picked up some 1/2 inch rubbery sliders (also called "bumpers") with adhesive on one side, and stuck them onto the 4 feet.
I'm very happy with the quality of this rice cooker and its output, and highly recommend it. This Zojirushi would make a great gift for family, friends, or yourself.
Most recent customer reviews