+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Two Screens, Twice The Fear - Feel the tension mount as you try to keep an eye on your TV and controller screen.
- Survival-Horror Action At Its Best - Resources are in short supply while your enemies are legion, and you never know when you will find more weapons, ammunition, first aid and food.
- Don't Leave Home Without Your BOB: The new WiiU controller becomes your Bug-Out Bag, the ultimate all-in-one survival kit for your tools, inventory, med kits, maps and more.
- Unique Death Mechanic - If you die, you wake up to play an entirely new character who is another survivor in the same terrifying position.
- Horde At Your Door - Stock up on guns, ammo and supplies, and lock down your Safe House!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
There are only two possible explanations for the host of very negative critical reviews of Zombi U: (1) failure to understand the genre of survival horror and how it is supposed to differ from an action shooter; and (2) desire to be negative toward Nintendo because they choose to rethink the game experience rather than merely feed the ridiculous obsession with better hardware specs (which obviously underlies all the concerns that the Wii U is "not next-gen enough").
Pushing those negative critics aside, here is why YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY PLAY ZOMBI U:
1. It is TRUE survival horror. Weapons, ammo, medicine, and other supplies are in sufficiently limited supply that you are forced to be strategic. You cannot run wild on a shooting spree. If you do, the penalties are severe... Death comes easily and it means starting over as an entirely new survivor, with only the cricket bat, a pistol, 6 rounds of ammo, and any supplies you were wise enough to stow away in the safehouse before an untimely demise.Read more ›
You play as one random survivor that is being helped by faceless voice on the radio. In the vein of Demon's Souls you die and you start again at the beginning, but unlike Demon Souls, all your progress is not lost. You wake up as another random survivor waking up in the safe house. Whatever mission you were on before you died is still active, and the world remains more or less as you left it when your previous survivor died.
There is inventory management, but unlike most games, the world doesn't stop while you riffle through your backpack, so looting gear becomes a lesson in speed-sorting. Controls for shooting/hitting are fairly easy to pick up. One of my favorite parts is that the gamepad turns into your scanner. You hold up the gamepad and move it around, physically scanning your environment and marking items that you tag with your scanner.
Now to the atmosphere. It's really nothing you haven't seen in other zombie games, but that doesn't mean it's not thoroughly enjoyable. It's more about building the paranoia and fear level. The ambiguous noise coming from another room, the movement off to your right but then when you look it's gone. All of those little things that serve to heighten the fear factor. You have doors and fallen articles to navigate while you move about the area as well, serving to make your getaway path that much harder if you have to run. It is similar to Silent Hill and other survival horror as far as atmosphere goes.Read more ›
I was right.
This game deserves a lot of respect. The developers definitely took some risks here. Survival horror just isn't popular anymore (unfortunately) and survival horror is exactly what this game is. Preparation is very important in ZombiU. Naturally, you can't always be prepared for every possible situation, but conserving ammo and trying to make the most of every medkit are two things that will definitely help your chances.
You die relatively easy in this game, so running and gunning isn't a smart thing to do. You'll want to scan your surroundings (using the game pad) and tag any items you might be able to pick up (you can also tag undead, so they show up on your map). You'll want to use your radar (also used via the game pad) to be aware of any possible dangers that might lurk in the darkness. And, most importantly, you'll want to keep your eyes open.
The attention to detail in this game is what truly shines (in my opinion). Menus fit the mood. Environments look demolished. The lighting is amazing. Weather adds an incredible atmosphere to the gameplay. I was thrilled to hear the deafening sound of heavy rain as it pounded the roof of the storage container I'd sought for shelter. Its little things like this that the developers did not have to spend time on, but did anyway. I even like how the voice guiding you through the game comes out of the game pad speakers and not the TV's. This makes it feel as though he's talking directly to you and not your survivor in-game.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
After Watch Dogs this is my favorite video game at present. There is a nice logic to when you use your cricket bat versus a gun to kill zombies. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Bookenator
The best Wii U game ever. I've spent over 200 hours playing and I still love it.Published 1 month ago by Kevin W.
This is a neat game. My teen son plays it a lot .it looks like you are watching a movie.Published 1 month ago by becky
Suspense and adrenaline all throughout the story. I've never been into scary games (nor movies) but I bought this game because of curiosity. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Guillermo C.
zombi u is a great zombie game on the Wii u I have never played it but have seen alot of videos of it it looks like a fun zombie gamePublished 1 month ago by Brian