- File Size: 4474 KB
- Print Length: 282 pages
- Publisher: Dark Shadows Publishing (December 17, 2013)
- Publication Date: December 17, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B008R53WBO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,372 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$9.99|
|Print List Price:||$13.99|
Save $13.99 (100%)
The Zombie Chronicles - Book 1 Kindle Edition
|Length: 282 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Book 1 of 8 in The Zombie Chronicles (8 Book Series)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Terrible writing, awful, and I mean god awful dialogue between all the characters.
All kinds of nonsense dialogie between them during supposedly tense action scenes.
So many pages taken up with banal conversations, did I mention the god awful dialogue? Just to make sure this sinks in, its bloody awful.
Why keep referring to the undead as zombies? "Quick, watch out for the zombie on your left" "there's too many zombies"
Imagine if you heard that in the walking dead??
And the teenage slushy romance? It seemingly takes place over weeks as its clear everyone falls in love with each other, including a guy who wants to date a girl dying from a bite. Christ that hair dialogue between the two was toe curlingly bad. Toe curlingly may not be a word, but neither is there're and that was in this book.
Also the action parts were poorly explained, hardly had a clue what was goin on as most things made no sense. Certainly felt like the author was about 13 herself
I won't be getting the next one as the characters were all so bloody wet and annoying I was hoping they'd be killed in some horrendous way everytime I turned the page.
Last time I trust amazon reviews on face value. All the 1 stars hit the nail on the head with this book. Its essentially the zombie version of twilight. If that's your thing then go for it. Anyone hoping for something a little more gritty as a post apocalyptic zombie book should be should swerve this. I only gave it one star because I couldn't give it zero, or minus.
Sorry Chrissy, you may be a nice lady, but a zombie author you ain't
1. When Dean Loses his sledgehammer fighting the zombie it says he hits it inthe head and breaks a piece of bone that kills the zombies brain? With what it doesn't say? His fist? Did he have on gloves? I'd hope so! How did he not get cut?
2 how the heck does a jeep have a trunk, especially one you can apparently lock yourself in? And how do 7 people and all their supplies fit in one.
3. What sort of magical properties does a bag of flour have that it can completely disorient a heard of zombies? How does this even sound like a remotely successful plan?
4. Have you ever tried to light diesel fuel on fire? Movie magic...
5. The relationship between the brothers and the cousins was just annoying... unless your 15 I guess? Three days on the road. No shower, no toothbrush? Keep your sweaty stink and your bad breath away from me.
6. How far did they get in all the time they were driving? No road blocks( other than a pile up) no thieves, no ambushes? On a major interstate? That seemed relatively clear of cars that may have been trying to get out dodge when the first outbreak happened.
It could have been a decent story. It really could have! It just wasn't a story I could stick with for another 4 segments. It should have been proof read or something. I am not a writer and excuse any grammatical error in my review. I just like to read a decent zombie book. If you want a decent series try " the remaining"
Dean is young man leaving in world infested by zombies, but it wasn't always like this. Before a virus claimed the world and most of its inhabitants, he led a sheltered life with his parents and brother, Nick. Nick is a pilot now, who risks his life on a daily basis to help those who haven't been infected yet by keeping them safe. Dean has always looked up to his brother. He's always wanted to be like him so when he meets Val, who's just been infected by the virus, Dean is hell bent on saving her. Without telling his brother, he steals a few vials of a new trial treatment against the virus and hides Val inside Nick's helicopter, then persuades him to fly them out of their safe fortress to the nearest city. His plan is to take Val away before she's being executed and then wait until the virus kicks in so he can administer the new treatment to save her. But when the helicopter crashes, leaving them in the middle of zombie-infested territory, and Nick discovers Val, all of Dean's plans are thrown overboard. Slowly but steadily, secrets are revealed and new allies and adversaries join the little crew on their way out of the danger zone.
This was a great, action packed book that kept me turning the pages late into the night. Nick is a great character, who matures as the story progresses. He's likeable and has a sharp mind and a strong will to survive. I really liked that about him. My favorite character was Lucas, who's a bit of a tech whizz, because he was funny and a great friend. The writing was at times funny, at times sad, but consistently filled with tension and drama. I can't wait to see where the story goes in the sequel.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One of the few books that I have actually had to stop reading. The writing is exceptionally poor, characters are poorly developed, and ever after 100 pages, I still didn't care... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
Great book! It takes a very talented writer to fill the book with that many funny statements and humorous moments. Read book 2 and loved it as well... Read morePublished 14 days ago by Rod Rob
I have never read a book about zombies before & this is really good!Published 15 days ago by Tracy Hatfield
Dialogue was a bit stilted at times. Character development could have been a tad stronger, but that may have been addressed in VAL, the prequel. Read morePublished 19 days ago by jay jay
I like the story. The writing can get a little rambly and repetitive but the story is worth sticking with t.Published 20 days ago by T. Morris
Liked the characters and storyline. Very smooth easy read as well as a few good scary scenes.
I will check out next in series.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic