- Audio CD (November 18, 2003)
- Original Release Date: November 18, 2003
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: Sony Legacy
- Run Time: 50 minutes
- ASIN: B0000DD7LB
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1,947 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #14,734 in CDs & Vinyl (See Top 100 in CDs & Vinyl)
In The Zone
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Jive Recording artist Britney Spears is set to release her 4th album, In The Zone on November 18. The first single "Me Against The Music" features Madonna. Britney Spears co-wrote 7 of the 13 songs on the album. Some of the producers/writers on the album include Moby ("Early Mornin'"), Bloodshy & Avant ("Showdown"), Guy Sigsworth ("Everytime") and R. Kelly ("Outrageous").
However coy she might be in her public statements, Britney Spears leans more than a bit toward the provocative on In the Zone. Less concerned with aiming at the mainstream radio dial than in the first days of her career, she and her collaborators make this as street and club ready a record as possible. The opening duet with Madonna, "Me Against the Music," is worthy, but the bigger superstars presence serves almost less as a performance than a key to Britneys intentions: as Madonna did on albums such as Erotica , Ray of Light, and Music, shes out to bend current trends to her needs. R. Kelly, Moby, and Ying Yang Twins all provide stirring moments that draw on everything from Bollywood to Southern hip-hop, while one of the most impressive tracks, "Touch of My Hand," joins the proud tradition of Cyndi Laupers "She Bop." She still lacks a fully formed artistic vision of her own, but Zone, with its many get-free anthems, puts her much closer. --Rickey Wright
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
"In The Zone" provided a more adult sound for the public, everyone was so used to listening to songs like "Overprotected", "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman", & "Stronger", that we almost lost the fact that Britney was already an adult.
1. "Me Against the Music" - Britney's first single, and some may say, the best song off the album. Very catchy, poppy, and upbeat. Went on to become one of the best selling singles world wide! 10/10
2. "(I Got That) Boom Boom" - Could have been a HUGE club hit if it was released. I would prefer a solo version, but the Ying Yang Twins put a whole new twist, and change it from a pop song to a more hip-hop song. 9/10
3. "Showdown" - Most of Britney's hardcore fans show great appreciation towards this track, maybe because it's fun, or the beat is great, or maybe because it shows a sensual side of Britney we really hadn't seen at that time. Great track. 8.5/10
4. "Breathe On Me" - This might just be one of Britney's best songs. Her breathy vocals and powerful notes add on to the sensation of this track. It's very catchy and something everyone should have a listen to. Plus the performances are very hot! 10/10
5. "Early Mornin" - This track shows a side of Britney we had never seen before. She worked with Moby, and the direction this track was headed to was more of a hip hop - trip sound. Much appreciated work. 8/10
6. "Toxic" - On to the single that Britney had the world going crazy over. One of her greatest singles yet, and still being enjoyed on the radio to this day, Britney definitely delivered a track that no other artist could have pulled off. 10/10
7. "Outrageous" - The R. Kelly produced track is more on the weaker side of the album, however fun. Not her best single, and def. not a favorite of mine. Fact: "In the Zone" was originally supposed to be named "Outrageous" due to the whole adult-hood style of the album. 7/10
8. "Touch of My Hand" - In my opinion, this is the best track on the album. It's the most mature sound on the album, and sparked some controversy to whether or not Britney fans under the age of 13 could still listen to her and look up to her. Britney did what she wanted to do on this album, and I must say, this song proves that she has great vocal ability, and an artistic movement. 11/10
9. "The Hook Up" - Fun, catchy, Mid-Eastern beats, and fun to move to! 10/10
10. "Shadow" - One of my favorite ballads Britney has ever done. Nicely put together and her vocals are great. 10/10
11. "Brave New Girl" - Not my favorite song off the album, but a pretty fun track. Almost seems like she's trying to rap! Overall, she put great effort into the song. 7/10
12. "Everytime" - The ballad everyone fell in love with. Possibly one of her strongest singles. Her voice is so thin, and light and high it gives you chills every time she hits her high notes. 10/10
"Me Against The Music (Rishi Rich's Desi Kulcha Remix)"
"Don't Hang Up"
"(I've Just Begun) Having My Fun" (available on the album 'Greatest Hits: My Prerogative')
"Girls and Boys"
(I Got That) Boom Boom: 4/5, Great party song! I find the Ying Yang Twins slightly annoying on the song, though.
Showdown: 5/5, I love this song! Very hot!
Breathe on Me: 5/5, The sexiest song of Britney's career. This would've been an incredible single.
Early Mornin': 5/5, Great dance song!
Toxic: 5/5, One of the best, if not the best, pop song of the 2000's.
Outrageous: 5/5, I love dancing around to this song! The beat is infectious!
Touch Of My Hand: 5/5, Probably my favorite non single from the album. This song is very well done.
The Hook Up: 5/5, Fun dance song!
Shadow: 5/5, Beautiful song! The lyrics are wonderful and her voice really shines on this song.
Brave New Girl: 3/5, I don't think this song fits the album. The leaked outtakes from ITZ are better than this song, in my opinion.
Everytime: 5/5, My favorite Britney ballad. I love the lyrics and her voice sounds beautiful.
Me Against The Music (Rishi Rich's Desi Kulcha Remix): 3/5, It's okay. I don't think it was worthy of being on the standard tracklist.
The Answer: 5/5 This song is really unique! I love the funky beat. This would've been better on the standard tracklist than BNG.
Don't Hang Up: 5/5, I love this song! It reminds me a little of That's Where You Take Me.
Toxic (The electropop WW#1 smash. About being addicted to a bad boy. Britney's vocals are very sultry & seductive)
Showdown (Electropop song about makeup sex)
Breathe On Me (Trip-hop/Trance song about being so sexually in tune with someone you don't even need to touch each other to climax, just breathe. Great sensual vocals)
The Hook Up (Dancehall song about hooking up)
Everytime (Haunting ballad about a failed relationship with gentle, fragile vocals. Britney wrote this one practically by herself)
(I Got That) Boom Boom (Britney sounds great and the beat is ok, but the Yin-yang twins, who are heavily featured on the track, ruin it)
Brave New Girl (Too Disney sounding and doesn't fit with the rest of the album beat-wise, but lyrically, it's in the zone, considering it's about a girl who goes just to pick up a guy).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Me against the music- 9/10
Boom Boom- 9/10
Breathe on me- 10/10
Early morin'- ( most people say this song is bad...Read more