+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Animal lovers are counting on you to create the best zoo ever as you select the animals, run the gift shop, build fences and more
- First tycoon-style game on a handheld
- Dual screen and touch screen technology allow for seamless zoo-play
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Encounter the ultimate zoo experience in Zoo Tycoon DS! Get up close and personal while adopting and caring for the world's most popular animals from every continent. Achieve the ultimate goal of creating the ultimate dream zoo full of happy animals and guests!Format: NINTENDO DS Genre: SPORTS/GAMES Rating: RP UPC: 785138361055 Manufacturer No: 36105
From the Manufacturer
Encounter the ultimate zoo experience in Zoo Tycoon DS. Create the zoo of your dreams as you select your favorite animals and re-create their natural habitats. Get up close and personal while collecting and caring for the worlds most popular animals from every continent. Manage your environment properly and achieve the ultimate goal of a zoo full of happy animals and customers.
- The multi-platinum Zoo Tycoon franchise comes to a handheld system for the first time.
- The first tycoon-style game ever on handheld! The DS touch screen allows for seamless life-simulation gameplay.
- Purchase and adopt a menagerie of animals, including lions, giraffes, and tigers!
- Collect all 50 animal cards filled with facts on your favorite zoo animals.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) smaller zoo maps (even the large ones are small)
2) terrain graphics do not blend like they did in the PC version, so dirt, water, and grass patches look like squares
3) the game limits you to how many objects and staff you place / hire (even when you have plenty of money). In the PC version, I could place as many benches as I wanted.
4) There were not as many sound effects. In the PC version, you can hear the crowds, the gift shop, etc. There are still sound effects in the DS version, but not as many.
The animals are a bit hard to see with a DS screen. Overall, I still found this DS game to be enjoyable, and the animals will still get smiley faces over their heads when you make them happy! :)
It's still Zoo Tycoon, just a more simple version of it. Easy to play and a great way to pass time.
Having it for the DS though makes it portable and that's awesome, I can play it on my 3DS anywhere, which would be great. I just wish I ordered it much sooner because I have to sit in a waiting room while someone in my family gets a surgery because I'm the only other one that can drive. The reason I wish I had it is that Zoo Tycoon DS is a great way to pass the time. I always took pride in making it pretty, making sure my animals were happy, that I was making money, and the customers were happy.
I haven't gotten it yet, but aside from my computer refusing to make the PC game work, the games I've bought off of this site always work and that makes me pretty happy! I'm pretty sure the PC game is because of my computer though, it has a lot of problems that can't be fixed without the disc, but of course it came installed with it so I don't have it... Don't base the PC games off of me! They work on my brothers computer with no problem.
The DS games are amazing as far as I remember. The only downside to them is that you can only have one saved game if I recall correctly. Kind of makes you choose between the zoo you make, and a new one you start, but there are endless ways to make up zoos. It's okay for younger kids too, but only if they have the patience for it.
Most recent customer reviews
Box was original, with booklets still in the case.