Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 28% off the $812.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder
|Price:||$649.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- 6-input/8-track multitrack field recorder with integrated mixer
- 6 discrete inputs, including with 4 locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors, a stereo 3.5mm input, and Zoom mic capsule input`
- Compact and lightweight metal chassis, weighing just 2 pounds (without batteries)
- High-quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN, and +4 dB line inputs
- Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording as well as 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz/48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility; 16-/24-bit resolution
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
In the box
The F4 comes with everything you need to record professional quality audio in the field.
- Camera mount adapter
- Zoom AD-19 12V AC adapter
- DC-HIROSE cable
- Cubase LE and WaveLab LE download codes
- Operation manual
Zoom F4 MultiTrack Field Recorder
Professional Field Recording Has Never Been So Accessible.
If you’re looking to take your film’s sound to the next level, Zoom’s F4 is the ideal companion—from the studio to the field.
This 6-input/8-track field recorder offers creators Hollywood-quality sound for film at an unprecedented price point. Its features include super-low-noise mic preamps, precise time code, and a solid metal build.
- High quality mic preamps with pristine recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/192 kHz resolution
- Four discrete combo inputs with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS connector, each with a dedicated preamp with gain control knob, phantom power, a six-segment LED level meter, as well as a Record Ready and PFL switch.
- Time code generation with 0.2 ppm accuracy
- Four outputs: two Main Outs (on balanced XLR jacks) for connecting to external mixers and processing devices; two Sub Outs (on a single unbalanced 1/8" stereo mini-jack) for easy connection to a camera.
- Dual recording on two SD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 512 GB each
- Three power options: 8 x AA batteries, an external 9-16 volt DC battery with 4-pin Hirose connector, and Zoom AD-19 power supply and a DC-HIROSE adapter (included)
High-quality sound on any budget
Whether you’re working on a big budget film or a small personal project, the F4 captures professional quality sound wherever you go.
Time code with pinpoint accuracy
The F4 uses a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) to generate time code, making precise audio/video syncing a key feature. Time code is generated at 0.2 ppm accuracy. It supports all standard drop frame and non-drop formats, and can jam sync to time code provided by external devices. Standard BNC connectors enable easy integration into any rig.
Super-low-noise microphone preamps
The F4 is equipped with Zoom’s highest-quality mic preamps which offer pristine sound recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/192 kHz. Audio specs also include an extremely low noise floor and high gain, with +4 dB line-level inputs.
Advanced onboard limiters
The F4’s advanced onboard limiters provide overload protection which allow you to capture audio in a wide range of dynamic sound environments. Limiting can be applied to all channels simultaneously at full resolution, with 10 dB of headroom and controls for setting threshold, attack, and release.
Solid metal build
A lightweight and compact metal chassis makes the F4 rugged and durable. Without batteries, the F4 weighs just 2.27 pounds.
The F4 periodically saves files while recording, providing an extra level of protection from unexpected file interruptions like power loss or sudden SD card removal.
|Number of inputs/tracks||4 locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo input connectors, 8 tracks (6 plus stereo mix)||8 locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo input connectors; 10 tracks (8 plus stereo mix)|
|Mic preamps||Up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN; +4 dB line inputs||Up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN; +4 dB line inputs|
|Phantom power||+24V/+48V, switchable on/off for each input||+24/+48V, switchable on/off for each input|
|Time code||TCXO generation (with accuracy of 0.2 ppm) or jam sync to external TC, both on standard BNC connectors; all standard dropframe/non-drop formats supported||TCXO generation (with accuracy of 0.2 ppm) or jam sync to external TC, both on standard BNC connectors; all standard dropframe/non-drop formats supported|
|Power supply options||8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with 4-pin HIROSE connector, and Zoom AD-19 12V AC Adapter with DHC-1 DC-HIROSE adapter (included). Automatic switching of power from DC to batteries at user-defined voltage level.||8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with Hirose connector, or 12V AC adapter. Automatic switching of power from DC to batteries at user-defined voltage level.|
|File formats||BWF-compliant WAV and MP3||BWF-compliant WAV and MP3|
|Sample rate/bit rate resolution||4-bit/192 kHz, 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz/48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility; 16-/24-bit resolution||192 kHz, 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48k, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz / 48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility; 16-/24-bit resolution|
|Display||1.9” white, backlit monochrome LCD||2.4" full-color backlit LCD with monochrome mode|
|Media||Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512 GB each||Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512 GB each|
Compare to similar items
This item Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Instrumentpro||DVeStore - Digital Video Electronics Store||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||2 x 6.88 x 5.38 in||2.1 x 7 x 5.5 in||6.7 x 4.5 x 2.3 in||5.24 x 3.07 x 3.67 in||2.1 x 7 x 5.2 in||7.48 x 10.12 x 2.01 in|
Creators are making more waves in film than ever before. Thanks to affordable technology and distribution channels like YouTube, we’re ushering in a new era of creativity…and it’s only just begun. The Zoom F4 propels your film's sound to a whole new level. With 6-input/8-track recording, su-per-low-noise mic preamps, and time code with pinpoint accuracy, the F4 offers Hollywood sound at an indie budget.
Top customer reviews
**the limiters are terrible, i hope Zoom fixes this somewhere down the line**
My set up was the Zoom F4 coupled with the Sennheiser MKH416, Rycote Softie, 25ft XLR cable, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones and a Rode boom pole/shock mount. The mixer was carried in the Portabrace AR-Z8.