Top positive review
a good basic effect box with pedal
January 14, 2013
The main reason I bought this one is it has a pedal that I can use to control the volume while playing.
1) quite a lot of useful effects, I only need a few of these for my nylon string guitar. It has an acoustic sim effect that make my guitar sounds like a steel string one. There are a lot of different distortion and amp simulation effects which I have no need for
2) easy to turn off and on the selected effect, even in the OFF position, it still enhance the sound from my guitar quite a lot
3) has a drum beat, very useful for practicing
4) a pedal for me to change the volume while playing
5) can run on 4 AA batteries, pretty convenient for a few hours session
The not so good:
1) there is no ON OFF switch, as soon as the guitar cable is plugged in, it turns ON and stay ON
2) the box is in plastic (OK for this price)
3) can't change drum volume or tempo while the drum is playing (so it's hard to set the tempo right)
There are still more for me to try such as: save a patch with a preset volume.
UPDATE after 3 months usage:
1) I tried all kinds of effects and I like the one numbered "02" the most as it fits my acoustic guitar. I have tried different guitar amps and none of them sounds acoustic (most sound very rought even with reverb) until I inserts this box between my guitar and my keyboard amp. It sounds acoustic and sweet.
There are a lot of other good effects (for electric guitar) but I do not use them often.
2) I used the pedal as the volume pedal, it's very convenient to be able to change the volume while playing (hard to turn the volume knob on the guitar while playing).
At this price (< 70$), this effect box really worths the money.