Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Zoom H4N PRO Digital Multitrack Recorder - 2016 Ve...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 34% off the $274.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Zoom H4N PRO Digital Multitrack Recorder - 2016 Version
|Price:||$199.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Four-channel recording up to 24-bit, 96 kHz
- Built-in stereo X/Y microphones, up to 140 dB SPL
- 2 XLR/TRS inputs with locking connectors
- 4-in/2-out USB audio interface
- Records on SD/SDHC cards up to 32 GB (not included)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
In the Box:
- Protective case
- 2 x AA batteries
- Operation manual
- Download license for Steinberg Cubase LE and WaveLab LE software
The Zoom H4N PRO Handy Recorder
Brilliant Four-Track Audio Recording for Music, Film, Podcasting, and Beyond
At Zoom we’re always developing new ideas to improve the performance and function of our Handy Recorders. With the new H4n Pro, we've taken everything creators love about the H4n and brought it to the next level.
The H4n Pro isn't just improved, it's superior in every way. With advanced X/Y microphones, incredibly natural-sounding preamps, and a super-low noise floor, you can record everything from the Indy 500 to the fluttering of a hummingbird with extraordinary realism.
Welcome to the new gold standard in field recording.
- Pristine stereo or four-channel recording, up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Redesigned stereo X/Y microphones handle up to a thunderous 140 dB SPL
- New super low-noise preamps, less than -120 dBu EIN
- 2 XLR/TRS inputs with secure locking connectors
- Use as 2-in/2-out USB audio interface
- Remodeled FX Processor with ultra-realistic guitar/bass amp emulation, compression, limiting, and reverb/delay
- Records on SD/SDHC cards up to 32 GB (not included)
- Get the Zoom RC4 Wired Remote Control for easier recording and playback
- Expand your H4n Pro’s capabilities with the APH-4nPro accessory kit which includes hairy windscreen, USB cable, splitter cable, attenuator cable, AD-14 AC adapter
High-Performance Mic Preamps
The Pro features the same high performance, low-noise mic preamps as our acclaimed Zoom H5 and H6 Handy Recorders, with recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The improved noise floor (-120 dBu EIN) captures audio at lower volumes with less noise and fewer artifacts.
Capable of handling up to 140 dB SPL, record everything from ear-splitting heavy metal to bass-heavy EDM.
Brighter, easier to read, back-lit LCD screen.
New locking XLR/TRS connectors ensure your mic cables stay secure.
A new rubberized, ergonomic body is perfect for use in the field or with a camera. Highly portable, the H4n Pro can travel anywhere for convenient mobile recording.
|Number of inputs||2||2 (expandable to 4)||4 (expandable to 6)|
|Uses interchangeable capsules||N||Y||Y|
|Provided microphone(s)||Built in X/Y Stereo||XYH-5||XYH-6, MSH-6|
|Maximum SD card size||32 GB||32 GB||128 GB|
|USB audio interface in/out||2/2||4/2||6/2|
|Battery life (Alkaline)||6-10 hrs||15 hrs||20 hrs|
Compare to similar items
This item Zoom H4N PRO Digital Multitrack Recorder - 2016 Version
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||1.5 x 6.25 x 2.75 in||2.5 x 6 x 1 in||3 x 7.7 x 5.6 in||5.24 x 3.07 x 3.67 in|
New. And Improved. - THE ZOOM H4N PRO - Record cleaner, clearer, and closer than ever before. Brilliant Four-Track Audio Recording for Music, Film, Podcasting, and Beyond At Zoom they're always developing new ideas to improve the performance and function of the Handy Recorders. With the new H4n Pro, Zoom has taken everything creators love about the H4n and brought it to the next level. The H4n Pro isn't just improved, it's superior in every way. With advanced X/Y microphones, incredibly natural-sounding preamps, and a super-low noise floor, you can record everything from the Indy 500 to the fluttering of a hummingbird with extraordinary realism. Welcome to the new gold standard in field recording. Four-track simultaneous recording High-fidelity mic preamps Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90deg and 120deg Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors Stereo 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) Applications The Filmmaker's Favorite The H4n Pro is packed with features that make it perfect for capturing audio for film. The onboard X/Y microphones deliver spectacular stereo imaging, and two combo input jacks allow you to use your favorite microphones as well. It also includes a head-phone/line out
Top Customer Reviews
I do an A/B test on the video, but you have to wear headphones if you really want to hear the difference between the noise floors on the two units. If you can't hear it here because of Amazon's draconian compression, search "Zoom H4nPRO vs H4nSP" on YT for a higher resolution version of this video.
PS - Writing reviews has become an accidental hobby for me, and it always makes my day to know that people find my reviews helpful (and if not, why.) Also, if you have any questions, clarifications, or comments please feel free to leave a comment below. I usually respond pretty quickly and almost always within 24 hours.
One thing! ... you don't have to BUY the sponge for the mics, I managed to make mine with a new sponge at home and carved it with a knife. It works surprisingly good and it protects the crossed mics.
It works with 2 AA batteries (included) that may work for... 4 hours straight. So, if you are working on a studio, consider buying the ac adapter, and if you are working on field, consider rechargeable batteries
Just 3 things to mention.
1. The fact that you can plug in two different mics via the XLR adapter, make this the best recorder ever in this price range. I use it to record my podcast "The Crushing Defeat Podcast". I was sick of artifacts and other issues coming through when using a USB cable directly into the computer. There is just too much that can go wrong, and it often does. Where this does exactly what it needs to do and does it well. Which is record our voices for the podcast.
2. The Pro is worth the extra $20 to get the better preamps, and by association, a better noise floor.
3. Still waiting on some better tutorials on YouTube on how to setup the best settings. If anyone has come across good tutorial videos, please reply with where.
I kinda wish it had 4 inputs so I had reason to play with the multitrack, but splitters do the trick.
You'll need a good headphone splitter/preamp as there is only one mic output.
I definitely recommend buying the AC adapter (and a portable extension cord) since it burns AA batteries pretty quickly.
Only odd thing is when it sits near my home LAN wireless phone, it picks up some feedback.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
1. It takes forever to boot up.Read more
I am using it to broadcast my voice records.
Clear voice, very good effects.Read more
Simple interface. Powerful product.Read more