Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Zoom H5 Four-Track Portable Recorder" and save 40% off the $337.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Zoom H5 Four-Track Portable Recorder
- Uses a system of interchangeable input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Includes detachable X/Y capsule (XYH-5) with extended signal capacity and shock mounted mics for reduced handling noise
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors each with selectable phantom power and -20dB pad
- Runs on 2 AA batteries and records directly to SD / SDHC cards up to 32GB
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
The H5 comes with everything you need to capture great-sounding audio.
The Zoom H5 Handy Recorder
Evolved Recording for Creators
The compact and portable H5 gives you everything you need to create professional quality audio. It comes with a detachable stereo X/Y microphone and utilizes a system of interchangeable input capsules that allow you to choose the best mic for every situation.
Ideal for live concert and rehearsal recording as well as audio for video, the H5 is equally well-suited for podcasting, broadcasting and electronic newsgathering.
- Uses a system of interchangeable input capsules
- Detachable stereo X/Y capsule with shockmounted mics and extended signal capacity
- Four tracks of simultaneous recording
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32GB
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20dB pad
- Requires just two standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries (over 15 hours of operation with alkaline batteries)
Add superior audio to your video
The H5 can be mounted to any DSLR. Its dual combo inputs can handle both mic- and line-level signals. There's even a dedicated Line Out for direct connection to your camera without the need for an attenuator cable.
XYH-5 shockmounted X/Y mic capsule
The advanced XYH-5 provides dual matched unidirectional condenser microphones housed in an advanced shockmount to minimize vibration and handling noise-ideal for location videography and broadcasting/podcasting. In addition, the XYH-5 is designed to handle extremely loud sounds, making it the perfect choice for capturing the sound of live rock concerts and for electronic newsgathering (ENG) applications.
Available Capsules (Not included)
XYH-6 large diaphragm X/Y mic capsule
The XYH-6 allows you to do stereo X/Y recording and provides dual large diaphragm mic elements with adjustable width-choose 90 degrees for a more focused sound or 120 degrees for a wider stereo image. It''s great for recording classical music and for capturing sound effects in the field.
MSH-6 MS (Mid-Side) mic capsule
Step up to a whole new level of precision sound-shaping with the MSH-6, which contains a forward-facing, unidirectional mic (the 'Mid') and a side-facing, bi-directional mic (the 'Side'). In conjunction with the H5''s onboard MS decoder, it allows you to capture a fully mono-compatible stereo image that can actually be adjusted after recording-ideal for film, video, and television projects.
SGH-6 Shotgun mic capsule
Get all the pickup with half the length by connecting an SGH-6, which adds a professional-quality, highly directional shotgun microphone to your H5. Three elements, combined with digital signal processing, give you the highly directional pickup power of a conventional shotgun in a unit only half the size, making it optimum for recording dialogue and narration with no intrusive mic in the scene.
EXH-6 Dual XLR/TRS Combo capsule
The EXH-6 adds two more mic- or line-level inputs to your H5, allowing you to connect up to four discrete signals from external microphones, instruments, mixers, or portable music players and fully realize your creative vision.
|Number of simultaneous tracks||6||4||2|
|Number of inputs||4 (expandable to 6)||2 (expandable to 4)||2|
|Uses interchangeable capsules||Y||Y||N|
|Provided microphone(s)||XYH-6, MSH-6||XYH-5||Built-in X/Y Stero|
|Maximum SD card size||128 GB||32 GB||32 GB|
|Separate line out||Y||Y||Y|
|USB audio interface in/out||6/2||4/2||2/2|