Hill Climb Racing 2 BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(1 star). See all 677 reviews
on October 6, 2015
Okay so we paid almost $300 for this, barely used it and it's broke already. Yes we bought it almost two years ago, but I read a lot of other people that had the same problem, so they are aware of it and it's not a quality product. I'm really upset because $300 was a lot of money to begin with but I was willing to make the purchase to get a quality mic. Well it's not a quality mic. Don't waste your money on this. Find something that won't break after using it a few times. It's way too pricey for that. They offered to sell me a new one at a discount of $135 plus shipping. But I don't want to throw more money out the window. I will purchase a different product that is made better.
on September 28, 2015
I must have received a dud. This think has let me down everytime. It never works right. Whether its freesing while turning on, or delivering useless corrupt files.
on May 2, 2015
So you can use the H4N as a high-quality USB microphone, which is nice, unless you have a computer with an AMD motherboard (which is about 20% of all computers), in which case Zoom's audio driver doesn't work. They even admit this on their website, buried in the FAQs. They say "does not work on laptops with AMD motherboards," but of course, the problem is not specific to laptops. I'm using a high-end desktop with an AMD motherboard.

Not cool.
on December 1, 2014
It was horrible. I am trying to send it back and the owner has yet to respond to my email so I can return it for my money back. Every time I tried recording from USB the mic volume was always high whether I change it on my PC or on the Zoom H4N itself. It sounds like it lacks electricity and is not fully plugged in when in reality, it is and it sounds like my voice is electronic every time I speak into the thing.
It's very bulky and the shipping box came a bit torn. I didn't care much as long as it worked but it hardly functioned and had issues when trying to update it. Defiantly not worth 200 dollars in my opinion and was a complete waste of my time. I want me refund now but they have not contacted me yet. Would recommend another microphone to anyone else. I wish I could rate this lower.
on April 27, 2015
I noticed a friend recording his gigs and he told me he was using the Zoom recorder for some months. He purchased his from Sam Ash I believe. I wanted to save $50 so I purchased the same item from Amazon on Jan 30 but by March (1st week of March) it was no longer working... Since my 30 days had expired I could no longer replace it or return it. It just keeps displaying an error about the Card Read Error, like I've read from many of the reviews now (after the fact)... My friend's recorder purchased from Sam Ash has no problems with it and is still working today... I was only able to use mine a handful of times before it became unusable! I believe that Amazon is being sold defective items and they are being sold to us consumers...
Someone should take the loss and not the consumer. I think I should get my money back!
on December 17, 2013
It records "line" input if you're recording from a guitar or keyboard for example. Yes it records a 1/4" input. However, it is WAY TOO HOT for normal line level signals..

Buyer beware.
on November 24, 2012
It's got a lot of great features and the sound is AMAZING, but at the end of the day it's only as good as it's construction. It broke after using the #2 input only a few times. #2 input now doesn't seat the 1/4" cable properly and pops it back out no matter how forcefully it's put in. TRASH!
on January 5, 2014
A whirring noise in the internal right MIC, reported also in internet by other users and so far with no solution reported, has made my newly bought Zoom H4N almost useless. The whirring noise comes and goes.
on January 12, 2014
I received the unit within 1 week of purchase but when we tried to get the hardware started the zoom h4n kept on giving the card format error. We also tried the unit with the recommend card from zoom but it didn't help.
on April 18, 2013
I bought this zoom based on great reviews and while I'm sure it's a great little machine, I'm returning it because it says that there is no card when I try to record. Of course, the card is inserted in the correct way (it only can be inserted properly due to the notch on the edge). I've tried very hard to find a tech support phone number, but to no avail, only offers to email my question. I don't do well with describing technical stuff in writing as I'm not very versed in audio tech speak. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Maybe it's broken? Maybe the card is dead? Who knows? I certainly can't find anybody in the company to ask. So, back it goes.