Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Zoom Room Dog Training
All Zoom Room trainers complete our own proprietary intensive training program, deeply rooted in the scientific literature of animal behavior and the tenets of positive reinforcement. We offer group classes, private training, playgroups, and other socialization events including birthday parties and Doggy Disco® fund-raisers for local rescue organizations. Our ever-growing curriculum includes obedience training, puppy classes, dog agility, and a wide range of enrichment programs.
Some of our specialties include shy dog workshops that address the anxieties often found in newly rescued dogs, therapy dog training, urban herding, advanced dog tricks, scent work, Pup-lates® to provide core conditioning and stability for older dogs or those recovering from surgery, and more. We also offer evaluations for the AKC's Canine Good Citizen and S.T.AR. Puppy certifications.
If you happen to live near a Zoom Room, we hope you'll stop in.
In addition to knowledgeable trainers, you'll find free fair-trade coffee, excellent music, Doggy Donuts baked fresh daily, and a fantastic assortment of carefully curated products for dogs - everything you'll need from puzzle toys to treats and chews, collars, leashes, grooming and training gear.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Well-trained puppies (and happy humans) in 7 simple training steps
A new puppy is a bundle of joy, with a big personality—and tons of energy for barking, jumping, and chewing. Teach your pup the ropes around their new home with Puppy Training in 7 Easy Steps. This step-by-step guide shows you how to use positive reinforcement to work together with your dog’s instincts during training. With 7 practical, easy-to-follow steps, you’ll teach them essential manners and establish boundaries—while having a lot of fun!
Start by stocking up on the right supplies and learning dog training fundamentals. Find out why the 7-step system works, and start implementing clear, simple training techniques that build skills up in stages. Whether you’re a first-time puppy owner or just need a refresher course, this guide will help you create the foundation for enjoying a long, happy life with your dog.
In this beginner-friendly puppy training manual, you’ll find:
- Easy 7-step training―Get guidance for bringing your puppy home, crate training, potty training, preventing food aggression, socializing, learning key commands, and leash walking.
- Prep and puppy-proofing—Discover the best ways to prepare for getting a puppy, from checking off an essential list of supplies to doing a safety check around your home.
- Tips and troubleshooting―Learn how to see each training step from your puppy’s perspective, and get quick advice in case things don’t go according to plan.
You and your pup will learn all the basics from this essential handbook for puppy training!
Let kids 8 to 12 take the lead on training your family’s new puppy!
If you’ve added a new puppy to your family, the next step is puppy training! Puppy training will build up your puppy’s confidence, obedience, and intelligence―and strengthen their bond with your household. Ultimate Puppy Training for Kids is the perfect way to engage kids ages 8 to 12 in raising a puppy―with only minor help from adults.
This easy, step-by-step puppy training guide will show kids how to work with their puppy on everything from potty training to playing fetch. Watch your child develop a deep understanding of their puppy and become an extra set of eyes and ears to help you take care of your family’s new friend.
Ultimate Puppy Training for Kids includes:
- What’s it like to be a puppy?―Teach kids what makes puppies bark, chew, jump, and get into all sorts of trouble, and use exercises and games to help them behave.
- How to puppy-proof―Identify things that could be unsafe for puppies – or just fun to chew on – and give kids easy step-by-step instructions and troubleshooting tips to help puppies stay out of trouble.
- Your puppy’s first year―Break down important puppy milestones and engage kids to follow a training path from crate training, to feeding, walking, and socializing.
Involve the whole family with puppy training, thanks to this ultimate guide for kids.