4 Year Music Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Drops, spills and cracked screens covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Includes 24/7 tech support - setup, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
Zoom SGH-6 Shotgun Microphone Capsule with Hairy Windscreen for Film, Video, ENG, and Dialogue, works with H5, H6, Q8, U-44, F1, F4, F8n, and F8
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
- Polar Pattern: Super-cardioid
- Three internal mics with digital signal processing ability
- Perfect audio recorder for anyone working in film, video or ENG (Electronic News Gathering)
- Highly directional pickup at about half the length of an ordinary shotgun microphone
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
In the box
- SGH-6 Shotgun mic capsule
- Hairy windscreen
The Zoom SGH-6 Shotgun Mic Capsule
Extend Your Reach
The SGH-6 Shotgun mic capsule is fully compatible with the Zoom H5 and H6 Handy Recorders as well as the Q8 Handy Video Recorder. It allows dialogue and narration to be recorded at a distance, without an obtrusive mic in the scene, making it perfect for film and video shoots, live theater, and ENG (electronic newsgathering) applications.
- Hyperdirectional mic capsule for the Zoom H5 and H6 Handy Recorders as well as the Q8 Handy Video Recorder
- Ultra-tight polar pattern allows the capture of distant sound with excellent off-angle noise rejection
- Advanced digital signal processing for the pickup power of a conventional shotgun mic in a unit only half the size
- Perfect for film, video, and live theater applications as well as ENG
- Analog-style gain control for fast setting of input level
- 5-volt preamp minimizes distortion even at high volumes
- Includes hairy windscreen for reduction of wind noise
Use the Right Microphone for the Job
Professional photographers and videographers choose the right lens to capture the optimum visual image. Why should audio be any different? Zoom's unique system of interchangeable input capsules allow you to always use the right microphone for the audio recording you're creating. The capsules snap on in seconds, allowing them to be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera.
Zoom provides plenty of variety, too: Two different X/Y stereo mics for live music and concert recording, two different mid-side mics (one standard and one shotgun) for film and videography, two types of shotgun mics (one mono and one stereo), even an expander capsule that allows you to connect two additional external microphones or line-level sources.
SSH-6 Mid-Side Shotgun Mic Capsule
The SSH-6 stereo mid-side shotgun capsule allows you to capture dialogue with the mid (center) mic, and then blend in the desired amount of environmental sound captured by the side mic in postproduction.
SSH-6 Stereo Shotgun
EXH-6 XLR/TRS Combo
XYH-5 Shockmount X/Y
|Compatibility||H5, H6, Q8||H5, H6, Q8||H5, H6||H5, H6, Q8||H5, H6, Q8||H5, H6, Q8|
|Microphone type||Hyperdirectional||Mid-Side (Hyperdirectional M + bi-directional S)||-||X/Y stereo||X/Y stereo||Mid-Side|
|Microphone polar pattern||Supercardioid||Supercardioid (M) + Figure-of-8 (S)||-||Cardioid (90˚ - 120˚ adjusted)||Cardioid (90˚ fixed)||Cardioid (M) + Figure-of-8 (S)|
|Input connectors||-||-||2 x XLR/TRS combo (mic/line level)||⅛" TRS, Mic/Line, w/2.5V Plug-In power||-||-|
|Analog-style gain control||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Maximum SPL (Sound Pressure Level)||122 dB||122 dB||-||136 dB||140 dB||120 dB (M), 122 dB (S)|
|Maximum input gain||50 dB||52.3 dB (M), 49.3 dB (S)||55 dB||46.5 dB||55 dB||42.5 dB|