Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Zoom iQ6 iOS Lightning X/Y Microphone" and save 36% off the $124.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
3 Year Asurion Musical Instrument Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Cover drops, spills, cracked screens along with electrical and mechanical issues
- Accidents happen - Be Prepared - Your coverage starts immediately
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Zoom iQ6 iOS Lightning X/Y Microphone
- The same condenser microphones as the world-famous H4n
- Adjustable microphone angles from 90 to 120 degrees
- Able to be used both on phones with cases and without
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
In the box
The iQ6 has a classic brushed silver finish and comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- Foam Windscreen included.
The Zoom iQ6 stereo microphone
High-quality audio for today's iOS
At last, you can make great-sounding recordings with your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch! Just connect an iQ6 and get ready to capture the sound of concerts, interviews, meetings and lectures with astonishing realism. The iQ6 provides amazing sound in a package that's small enough to be slipped into your pocket, so you can take it with you wherever you go.
- Works with any Lightning-equipped iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Compatible with most iOS apps that support audio input from an external microphone, including GarageBand, Voice Memos, Camera, iMovies, Instagram, and Vine.
- Stereo X/Y recording for wide coverage while still capturing sound sources in the center with clarity and definition.
- Variable mic angles for a tightly focused image or immersive wide-angle stereo.
- Three-segment LED meters and analog-type mic gain wheel for visual monitoring and precision level setting, plus a dedicated headphone jack that doubles as a line output.
- Comes with extended Lightning connector and removable spacer that allows use with most cases.
- Free Handy Recorder app allows you to edit sound files and add effects.
Capture the moment
Turn your favorite iOS device into a field recorder by connecting an iQ6. Whether it's a podcast on the fly, an impromptu concert or band rehearsal or a sound effect you want to incorporate into your next video, you can count on the iQ6 to capture the moment with superior audio.
X/Y recording made easy
The iQ6 features two high quality unidirectional condenser microphones in an X/Y configuration, the same ones used in our world-famous H4n Handy Recorder.
X/Y stereo recording is a great way to cover a wide area while still capturing sound sources in the center with clarity and definition. You can even change the mic angle from 90 degrees for a tightly focused image to 120 degrees for immersive wide-angle stereo. (US Patent 8184815)
It's all in the app
Download Zoom's free Handy Recorder app to add even more functionality to your iQ6. It provides a variety of effects such as compression, reverb and six-band EQ, as well as editing tools like Normalize and Divide. There's also an automatic recording feature that allows you to start and stop recording whenever a particular level is reached, convenient when recording lectures or meetings.
In addition, the Handy Recorder app allows the iQ6 to record audio in either linear PCM (WAV) format for full CD-quality, or in AAC format for smaller file sizes and faster data transfer. With Handy Recorder, you can even email your audio creations to friends and upload them to SoundCloud for sharing with the world.
|Mic configuration||Mid-Side (MS) stereo||X/Y stereo||Mid-Side (MS) stereo|
|Selectable stereo width||90˚/120˚/M-S||90˚/120˚||90˚/120˚/M-S|
|Analog-type gain wheel||N||Y||Y|
|Dedicated headphone jack||Y||Y||Y|
|Headphone jack doubles as line out||N||Y||Y|
|Hardware Auto Gain control||Y||N||N|
Zoom iQ6 iOS Lightning X/Y Microphone.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
*On a side note it's also very durable. I've dropped this thing at least half a dozen times and its still working fine.
The lightening connection fails most of the time. Hand holding the phone with the microphone is pointless because the slightest movement can switch the recording from Stereo to Momo. Between the cheap plastic and faulty connection issues, this is one of the worst electronic products i’ve purchased in a long time.
Pros: Amazing sound quality, manual gain, peak level indicator, switchable stereo field, direct monitoring via headphones, decent free Zoom app, works with my iphone case just fine.
Cons: No micro usb port for pass through charging of your iphone (meaning this drains your battery fairly fast), the microphones only readjust to give you TWO functional positions: 1st is with iphone in landscape video mode, 2nd is with screen facing up and mic pointed to audio source. Portrait video mode DOES not work, the mic does not adjust properly to get proper forward and l/r.
All in all it works great for what i wanted, which was recording impromptu music sessions with friends. I got a nice case that has a specific kick stand that allows the iphone to lay screen side up and mic pointed at audio source. Works absolutely great. I recommend using computer software or another ios app to further edit/master the audio tracks. The Zoom app is a little limited but gives you some reverb effects and an EQ.
Was disappointed to find out that the auto gain feature in the app is not supported for this model. So strange that this was never mentioned anywhere; I called tech support and they weren't even sure until they called their supervisor. Lack of that feature, lack of power pass thru, and refusal to encode in MP3 format are so disappointing. I will sell this and buy the older model, which at least had the first two features.
Most recent customer reviews
Product build is cheap
The swilvel for the mic broke after three months