Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Zoom iQ7 Mid-Side Stereo Microphone for iOS Devices" and save 32% off the $124.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Zoom iQ7 Mid-Side Stereo Microphone for iOS Devices
- Compatible with iOS devices with Lightning connector
- Works with free Handy Recorder App as well as video camera
- Allows 90, 120, and Mid-Side recording
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
In the box
The iQ7 comes with a foam windscreen and a one-year limited warranty.
The Zoom iQ7 stereo microphone
Superior stereo on the go
The iQ7 mid-side stereo condenser mic is the ideal audio accessory for your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Lightweight and compact, small enough to fit in your pocket, it is perfect for capturing music as well as video with great-sounding audio. Now anyone can create pristine quality recordings everywhere they go.
- Works with any Lightning-equipped iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Compatible with most iOS apps that support audio input from an external microphone, including GarageBand, Voice Memos, Camera, iMovies, Instagram, and Vine
- Mid-side recording for adjustable stereo width and perfect mono compatibility
- Unique rotating mechanism ensures correct left-right stereo orientation whether used in portrait or landscape mode
- Three-segment LED meters and analog-type mic gain wheel for visual monitoring and precision level setting, plus a dedicated headphone jack that doubles as a line output
- Comes with extended Lightning connector and removable spacer that allows use with most cases
- Free Handy Recorder app allows you to edit sound files and add effects
Create and innovate
Prepare to make your mark on the world. The iQ7 adds a whole new dimension to iOS audio, providing extraordinary sound quality and comprehensive control, everything you need to move from bystander to creator.
Mid-Side recording made easy
Mid-side recording is a great way to capture stereo sound. The iQ7 contains two microphone elements: a directional 'mid' mic that captures audio coming from in front, and a bidirectional 'side' mic that covers the signal all around you.
A simple three-way stereo width switch on the iQ7 allows you to customize your recordings to your environment: Set it to 90° to focus on an individual sound, or 120° for a wider sound-stage that incorporates the surrounding ambiance. For even more control, you can record the mid and side mic signals as 'raw' M-S data so you can later adjust the stereo width from 30° to 150° with Zoom's free Handy Recorder iOS app.
It's all in the app
Download Zoom's free Handy Recorder app to add even more functionality to your iQ7. In addition to providing MS decoding for variable stereo width, it offers a variety of effects such as reverb and six-band EQ, as well as editing tools like Normalize and Divide. There's also an automatic recording feature that allows you to start and stop recording whenever a particular level is reached, convenient when recording lectures or meetings.
In addition, the Handy Recorder app allows the iQ7 to record audio in either linear PCM (WAV) format for full CD-quality, or in AAC format for smaller file sizes and faster data transfer. With Handy Recorder, you can even email your audio creations to friends and upload them to SoundCloud for sharing with the world.
|Mic configuration||Mid-Side (MS) stereo||X/Y stereo||Mid-Side (MS) stereo|
|Selectable stereo width||90˚/120˚/M-S||90˚/120˚||90˚/120˚/M-S|
|Analog-type gain wheel||Y||Y||Y|
|Dedicated headphone jack||Y||Y||Y|
|Headphone jack doubles as line out||Y||Y||N|
|Hardware Auto Gain control||N||N||Y|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Black||Gray||Black||White||Chrome||Gray with Black Foam|
|Item Dimensions||1 x 2.1 x 2.2 in||4.6 x 2.8 x 3.6 in||2.2 x 6.3 x 6.8 in||2.46 x 2.31 x 1.52 in||6.3 x 3.5 x 4.3 in||5 x 4 x 4.5 in|
When you're ready to take your iOS audio to the next level, plug in a Zoom iQ7. This compact yet full-featured mid-side stereo condenser mic is perfect for capturing music as well as video with outstanding audio. With the iQ7, you can create great-sounding recordings on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch any time, any place.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For all I know this is a marvelous external microphone for my iPhone 6S Plus - except I can't really be sure, because the instructions are so vague I can't tell if I'm pointing the mic heads at who I want to record, or back at myself! I recorded four panels where the speakers were sometimes all right and sometimes too quiet, but my coughing and throat-clearing came through loud & clear.
If somebody has more complete instructions on how to use this microphone to record something other than yourself, please let me know....
PROS: it does a MUCH better job of recording lectures, trainings, etc. than the phone's built-in mic. I first tested it by using the Voice Memo app (comes with the phone), and this mic had a much bigger wave-form than the built-in mic at the same level of sound. Plus, the quality of the sound is MUCH clearer, though you have to listen to it through earphones to appreciate how much clearer it is.
This mic has a knob right on the front for setting recording levels, which get reflected in the 3 LED display. It works quite well. I found for my purposes of recording lectures the red LED that indicates overload rarely gets triggered (usually by things like a loud cough), and I mostly leave it set at 10, the highest level.
CONS: only three, all small; none of them deal-breakers (for me anyway). But it would be nice if they were eliminated; that would earn a full 5 Stars.
1) I was told by the people that sold me this that is would fit my iPhone's Otterbox Case and I wouldn't have to remove the case. WRONG. DEAD WRONG. I couldn't get the Lightning connector to seat properly even after removed the little black 'spacer;' when that didn't work, I shaved away the plastic ridges on the bottom of the case. Still didn't work. So now my choices are: remove the protective case to make the mic fit properly - which I'm loathe to do; I've seen so many people with shattered screens on their phones I refuse to take the risk... or: shell out another $20 for a dock extender. Sigh. BTW, this is a problem with every single external mic I've looked at. WTF? Would it kill the manufacturers to make their Lightning connectors just a teensy bit LONGER?
2) I have to make sure my phone is all charged up, because there is no pass-through to allow the phone to be charged while the mic is plugged in. I had a TASCAM for my iPhone 4s that had that feature, and it was nice. To make up for it I carry an external battery and on class breaks I pull the mic and plug the external battery in. But - since the earlier Zoom 1Q5 had the power pass-through feature, this is another WTF?
3) This mic doesn't have a 'peak limiter' setting that would make sure that even if I've got the level set at 10, it will NEVER overload. This is a small quibble, as I haven't had any significant overload problems.
Most recent customer reviews
The lightening connection fails most of the time. Hand holding the phone with the microphone is pointless because the slightest movement can switch...Read more