- File Size: 246 KB
- Print Length: 52 pages
- Publisher: Pennylesse Editions; 1 edition (July 19, 2011)
- Publication Date: July 19, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B005DM2922
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,279,175 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Zuckerberg Galaxy Kindle Edition
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
* What is the message of new media?
* If Marshall McLuhan was right, what did he mean?
* How can we use his four laws of media today?
* Who are the new gurus 30 years after McLuhan?
* Why are newspapers doomed?
* What is the future of the humanities?
Duggan's answers might surprize you. The management mastermind Peter Drucker and the digital prophet Alan Kay have as big a place as Neil Postman and Mark Zuckerberg in this breezy attempt to revive Marshall McLuhan's ideas for the 21st-century in his centenary year.
Does this corporate communicator succeed? I think he does very well. A former newspaper writer, Duggan is offering something like the new journalism, with personal reminiscences, quotations from significant books, a rundown on the sexiest ideas of the new gurus, and a reading list for those who want to explore further. Much I knew already, but he pointed me to some intueresting new voices, and his summaries of McLuhan's concepts are brief and clear (not always true of McLuhan himself).
The 52-page booklet (two essays and an introduction + reading list, really) is worth buying just to read Duggan's defence of the humanities as the key to modern management practices.
And, perhaps a sign of the new times, it is published by an e-book publisher specializing in .99c editions.
The book is both entertaining and educational, providing a very interesting angle on the impact of the digital communications technologies into the new media and the way this shapes the creators of that new format.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Books > Business & Money > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Business & Money
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Entrepreneurship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Technology > Innovation