Zumba Exhilarate Body Shaping System DVD Set
|Price:||$49.99 + $11.29 shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Enjoy this revolutionary and highly popular fitness program from the comfort of your own home.
- Easy-to-follow steps for more than 30 rhythms, including merengue, salsa, reggaeton, calypso, cumbia, hip-hop, and belly dance.
- Comes with maraca-like Zumba Toning Sticks to sculpt your body while dancing.Two-in-one DVD feature lets you listen to verbal cueing or music only.
- Easy-to-follow choreography and muscle engaging routines.Workouts include a breakdown of basic steps, a 20-minute "Rush" workout.
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Bigger, bolder, and edgier, the Zumba® Fitness Exhilarate DVD collection is revolutionizing the at-home fitness experience by combining raw energy with cutting-edge design, lights, and sounds to take you on an unforgettable, exhilarating journey to a healthy and happy lifestyle.
The Activate DVD features a 45-minute workout sure to rev up your metabolism.
The seven-disc DVD collection features seven total-body workouts and each routine utilizes varying levels of intensity to deliver a body-energizing workout that you'll want to move to again and again. The set includes breakdowns of basic steps, a 20-minute "Rush" workout, a 45-minute "Activate" workout, the "Ripped" workout featuring the Zumba® Toning program and breakthrough Zumba Sentao program, a 60-minute "Exhilarate" dance-fitness party, the "Mix" workout featuring rhythms from all over the world, and a massive Zumbathon® Fitness-Concert live class.
About Zumba Fitness
Zumba Fitness is a global lifestyle brand that fuses fitness, entertainment, and culture into an exhilarating dance-party workout. Coined "fitness-parties," Zumba classes blend upbeat world rhythms with easy-to-follow choreography, which provide effective, total-body workouts. Founded in 2001, the company is now the largest branded fitness program in the world -- reporting more than 12 million weekly class participants, in over 110,000 locations, across more than 125 countries. In addition to its original Zumba® program, the company also offers a range of specialty classes, including Zumba Gold® (for active older adults), Zumba® Toning (body-sculpting class that uses maraca-like Toning Sticks), Aqua Zumba® (the ultimate “pool party” workout), Zumbatomic® (Zumba routines for kids), Zumba Sentao™ (chair-based Zumba class that strengthens, balances and stabilizes the core) and Zumba® in the Circuit (a 30-minute workout that combines signature Zumba® moves with circuit training at timed intervals). The Zumba® fitness lifestyle is rounded out by the company’s many consumer product offerings, including DVD sets, music collections, multi-seasonal apparel and footwear, video games, Fitness-Concert™ events and a lifestyle magazine. For more information about Zumba Fitness programs and products, or to find a live class, visit zumba.com and find us on Facebook and Twitter.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal Disclaimerno refunds
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE 6/16/2011: It's been 2 weeks today since I tried Zumba for the first time. I haven't changed my eating habits; I eat exactly as I did before (including 6 oz of mint cookie crunch ice cream almost daily), and I'm not taking any diet pills. I've done the Step by Step disc once, and then only the Activate disc so far. To date I've lost 7.5 pounds, and it isn't water weight--it doesn't fluctuate or pile right back on as soon as I eat solid food. The only explanation is that I'm burning more calories than I'm eating, and the only thing that I'm doing different is Zumba. Any activity or workout that gets you moving fast and sweating hard will do the same thing. Pretty much all workouts work, I know that. I also know that it only works if you actually do it, and if it's tedious, boring, painful--or even largely inconvenient (like going to the gym)--I won't do it, no matter how amazing the results would be. The difference with this is that it's fun enough that I'll actually do it more than once or twice and then give it up. You stay on your feet, not on the floor (like with crunches and pilates). There's no straining your neck, breaking your back, or losing your will to live 10 minutes into the session. You're moving and working enough to burn fat and calories, but it's not so strenuous that you can't make it past the first few minutes. Don't get me wrong, I have moments where I struggle with some of the steps, and on occasion I get frustrated trying to keep up--but at least I'm moving. I don't work for the company and am not already sports-model fit. I'm an average 30-something female trying to get back in 20-something shape (and take off some quit-smoking weight). My reviews are honest because I rely on other people's honest reviews to help me make my own decisions about products here. So, I'm going to keep doing Zumba and add some other changes (like giving up my ice cream--so sad) and see how I do. For anyone interested, I'll put a couple beginner survival tips that helped me in the comments. Good luck.
The set comes with 7 DVDs, a pair of toning sticks, and a program guide.
1. STEP-BY-STEP- This DVD breaks down the basic Zumba rhythms: merengue, salsa, reggaeton, calypso, cumbia. belly dance. (Unlike with the older DVD set, there is no step-by-step for samba, which kind of annoyed me because samba can be rather tricky. However, they do cover the basic samba step in the Mix DVD.) The steps are broken down by Gina and Tanya (from the previous DVD set.) You have the option of viewing the moves from both the front and back.
2. ACTIVATE- features a 45-minute workout with Gina and Tanya that applies all the moves learned in the previous DVD.
3. RUSH- a high-energy, 20-minute workout with two different instructors, Kass and Loretta, for when you do not have much time.
4. EXHILARATE- full-length (60-minute) workout with Beto and another instructor, Melissa.
5. RIPPED- 60-minute body-sculpting workout that's split up in two sections. The first is Toning which uses the sticks, and is hosted by Beto and two other instructors, Jani and Melissa. The second is Sentao which features chair routines, and is hosted by Beto and another instructor, Marcie.
6. MIX- features routines from different places and cultures. This DVD is supposed to be more advanced, and is hosted by Tanya and Beto, along with experts from around the world. You have the option of seeing the routines broken down beforehand, which is really helpful because some of the moves are really complicated!
7. FITNESS CONCERT- 60-minute live concert starring Beto and several of the instructors featured in the other DVDs. The concert was filmed in front of thousands of Zumba enthusiasts and has the same songs found in the Exhilarate DVD.
--The workouts are REALLY intense and high energy. I sweat buckets, even in the 20-minute routine.
-- The production quality is AMAZING! I have never seen an at-home workout DVD that even comes close. I always enjoyed the previous DVD set because of the colors. The new DVD set takes things to a whole other level. Everything is vibrant and colorful. There's a definite party feel.
-- The routines really look like music videos. The new DVD set feels more like the experience of a live class. You have the option of turning off the cueing and just listening to the music on each of the DVDs.
-- There's a slew of new music and different routines. You get to "meet" different instructors. In addition to the Zumba staples (merengue, reggaeton, salsa, cumbia, etc.), there are routines that feature tango, swing, axé, hip-hop, etc. The Mix DVD alone if great because it gives the opportunity to learn so many different moves.
-- I know the lighting is to help create a visual effect, but sometimes it makes it difficult to see the steps.
-- There are a lot of routines that require a lot more floor space. Why are they including routines with an eight step? Usually I just move for four, then do the other four in-place because there's no room. It seems like they created these routines in the live classes in mind, which on one hand is nice because it gives the DVDs the feel of a live class, but on the other hand it's not really practical for someone doing this in small spaces, like an apartment or dorm room.
-- The Sentao section in particular requires a lot of floor space. You have to be able to walk around a chair. You also need a sturdy chair since you have to do lunges and other things with it.
-- To be honest, I prefer the Toning DVD from the previous set to this one. This Toning routine was not effective at all for me. They should have included a full-length toning workout instead of breaking it up between using the sticks and a chair, or at least make a Toning routine that's similar to one you'd find in a live class.
-- I liked the Abs workout in the previous DVD set, and I had wished that they had included a new one in this set. One for arms would be really nice actually.
The best part about Zumba is that anyone can do it. It doesn't matter if you are in-shape or not, as long as you are moving, sweating, and having fun. Not only will you notice a difference in your body, but you will also feel better and more energized. When I started doing Zumba, I was over 200 pounds and had no energy. Zumba gave me a reason to be motivated and enjoy what life has to offer.
Overall, this DVD set has a lot of offer, so unlike with other workout DVDs, you won't get bored easily. The routines are a lot of fun, and you will definitely get a workout. I use this along with Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation System DVD Set whenever I can't attend a live class.
Most recent customer reviews
Have used this DVD extensively!!