Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Zumba Fitness World Party - Xbox One
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

Platform: Xbox One|Change

on November 24, 2013
This is not a Dance video game... We call it an 'interactive motivational fitness session' set to great music with exotic locations and real people on screen that explode from a single instructor to what feels like a virtual Zumba classroom (as your skills improve). My kids have played it a few times since getting it last week and they gave it 4Stars. Their only complaint was they wished it was more technical on the rating of the moves...From what we can determine... It's designed to inspire players to keep pushing themselves to do the moves but more importantly not to get frustrated while they burn calories, unlock new songs/videos, etc which we guess is what the Zumba Nation is all about.

For those who want a fun experience burning calories as you would to an exercise product, this is a lot of fun. It loosely tracks calories burned and encourages players to push themselves to get the moves right but it is not for those looking to bust moves against each other in a technique showdown.

On the new Xbox One, using the enhanced Kinect.. this is amazing. It works very well and we are enjoying it as a fun home workout. It's way more fun and interactive that a workout video :)
on January 12, 2014
I bought this game for my wife, who attends Zumba classes twice a week. Overall she seems to enjoy it.

Pros:
Good variety of songs.
Tracking seems to be improved over Xbox 360.
Good workout.

Cons:
Navigating the menu systems is very flustering. This is our biggest problem in the game. You can either navigate the menus using Kinect, or voice, but not using the controller. This makes navigating through menus a real chore. Creating a custom playlist is possible, but it's an exercise in shouting at your television for 45 minutes trying to get Kinect to recognize what you are saying. Why, Why, Why can't we use the controller.

My wife thinks it could be hard for a beginner.
on February 10, 2014
The actual dancing part is wonderful, my 3 year old and my wife all participate and have a blast! The problem is it only takes voice commands or hand signals, both of which are VERY sketchy. I've almost turned it off a couple of times due to the inability to get it to another song or workout. ALL things XBOX One should work with the controller IMHO.
on December 5, 2015
Got this for the wife, she's a very casual gamer, I'm more of a serious gamer who doesn't play Kinect games....until now. She loves it and the 5 stars is her opinion. I can't argue because I actually got into it and it's something we can challenge each other in. Her gamer score is around 1,000 and mine is over 1,000,000 so this is something we can play together. It's a nice workout and the song variety is pretty good, rhythms and dance routines are varied. Only gripe for me is some of the menu controls, but nothing that ruins the experience.
on August 27, 2015
I consider the inability to use the controller to select from the menu a huge design flaw. The cursor can be hard to use, and there have been times when it refuses to show up at all, resulting in me waving my arms around frantically like a loon. It's very frustrating.
on February 14, 2014
The steps are difficult to follow so people like me trend to stop playing. They could show the steps separately and slowly so we could learn and then do them during the game.
on October 12, 2015
I'll just go out and say it. My wife and I are lazy. We have invested a large amount of money on gym equipment but never get around to using it. After buying this game we are working out and motivated more than ever! Fun game.
on July 28, 2015
Perfect alternative to the gym. I dislike the gym and would prefer to workout at home. This is loads of fun and because you get points for how well you dance and those points allow you to travel the globe it gives you something to work toward rather than just focusing on weight loss. It makes you want to workout everyday. Just wish there were more top 20 songs that you hear on the radio. That would be loads of fun then.
on March 13, 2016
I got this game because it was on sale (cheap) and didn't expect to enjoy it too much, but it was a lot of fun! It's like being in a Zumba class. They have 20-min and 40-min class sessions where you can follow the instructor and dance together with hot music. Zumba right at home! I love it!
on February 28, 2015
This game is AWESOME! I had never tried Zumba before playing this game and now I am obsessed. One negative is that you do not get much direction or warning about which move is next, but the dances are somewhat repetitive so once you get the hang of it, you'll be fine. The other thing I'm not too fond of is having to navigate the game menu with my hands and not with the controller. However, I like being able to burn about 200 calories in 30 minutes, then go on with my day. The dances are fun and you will definitely break a sweat. This game has become a part of my daily routine.