Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 191 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 200 reviews
on November 16, 2012
I thought I was playing it safe by ordering size 18m for my 12 month old. He's a pretty average sized baby and I generally buy 12m or 18m clothes for him. He has worn various Zutano hats since birth, and we've never had a size issue before. Not so with this hat! It is ridiculously small! I looked at the size charts (should have done that before ordering) and found that for this hat, my 12 month old baby is in between size 3T and 4T. No joke!

The hat was really nice, but I ended up returning it instead of exchanging it, just because I didn't want to mess around with size issues any more. The hat is very soft, fairly warm, and the color vivid. It had a nice velcro feature that allows it to fasten under the chin. I just don't know what planet Zuntano was on when it calculated the sizing on this one.
on December 14, 2015
We bought this hat before and our son loved it! We lost it in Patagonia so we bought a larger size since he's a growing toddler. The colors from the previous hat are a bit diff but the main thing was that our son loved the hat from the beginning. We liked that it's soft and it covers his ears, most of the back of his neck and forehead all at once. It's hard to find a comfortable hat that covers so much and that he will not take off. Would highly recommend.
on December 29, 2015
This hat is very well made. I think it fits closer to true to size. My daughter is 4.5 months and has a head in to 70th percentile and the hat seems like it will fit her until 6 months. Since she does have a bigger head it had been really hard to find a hat that would cover her ears. This one does the job and the material that goes around the face is really soft! The chin strap is a little hard to get latched but overall I think the hat will serve its purpose. My daughter generally hates hats and she will let me put this on her without a melt down.
I had to put some fabric in the top because if you don't pull it down all the way the hat will spin as the baby turns its head. This lead to the hat turning and covering my babies eyes. The extra fabric seemed to have fixed the issue though.
on October 11, 2013
I really debated on buying this hat because of the varying reviews about sizing. I even contacted the company for them to give me a sizing guide as I told them I was buying it off amazon and sizing got mixed reviews. They provided me with a chart and as expected my son would fit into the six month size- and he is right around that age... But I didn't want to believe it because SO many reviews advised to order up... So I did. I ordered up and the hat is huge on my little guy! I listened to the reviews and I am now stuck with a hat that falls below his eyes. The plus is that the fur is super cute and soft. It is an adorable hat so I may just save it and hope that it fits him next winter.

Update 10/15/13 I found a website that has free shipping on returns (score!), so I just ordered the two other sizes I am thinking my son could be. Hopefully one will fit perfectly.
on October 30, 2013
I love this hat--its super soft, looks warm, and is very cute on my little guy. I'd give it 5 stars but the sizing is a bit off. Based on other reviews and the zutano size chart, I initially ordered the 18 month size for my 5 month old (who is in the upper percentile for head circumference). It actually fit almost perfect--just a bit of room to grow in width, but was huge length/height-wise so I exchanged it for the 12 month size, which fits pretty well. There isn't any growing room width wise so we couldn't go any smaller, but the strap hooks are still hanging almost 1.5" under his chin so there is a bit of growing room length-wise. It still stays on good since its snug in the cap area itself. It will do the job its meant to do, so we're happy with it overall and would recommend it. All clothing items will fit different babies differently, that's just life.
on October 27, 2016
This hat is definitely on the small size, but very soft, and my baby has not put up a fuss about having in on her head. Velcro chin strap is great. My 8mo old has a large-ish head (maybe 85% for her age?) but the 18 month is perfect. I am hopeful it will continue to fit through this winter in the North East, but not sure, there is not much growing room right now.
on January 29, 2014
He is 8 months and it is just big enough that he can grow in to it. He likes the fur, and will hold this like a binky when it is not on him. He doesn't fuss when wearing it, and it looks cute. Great for cold Michigan days.
on January 26, 2015
Such mixed reviews regarding size! I have this hat in the 18 month size and my son wore it last winter-- from about a year to eighteen months-- and it fit great. At that time, he also wore 18 month clothes. I love this hat so I ordered one for my three month old daughter. I ordered the six month size but haven't received it yet. I feel pretty sure this was the right call on the size but now I'm a little worried! Even if I have to return for a larger size, I'm really excited to have this hat coming. It's the best!
on April 28, 2016
Warm and cute. Received so many compliments on this hat when my grandson wore it.
on December 5, 2015
Love this adorable little hat! The sizing is definitely off though. My little guy is 5 months,and on the smaller side. Based on reviews saying to order up a size, I got the 12 month size and it's PERFECT. So soft, warm, cozy, well made, and just plain cute!
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question