Zwilling J.A. Henckels 30782-000 Twin Signature 19-Piece Knife Block Set
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ZWILLING Special Formula Steel, Precision-stamped blades
- FRIODUR blade, ice-hardened to 57 Rockwell Hardness
- Hand sharpened and polished, Laser controlled edge
- 15-degree angle on each side (10-degree on Santoku’s)
- Made in Germany, Dishwasher safe (Hand-washing recommended)
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The handles on Twin Signature cutlery feature the traditional three rivets and visible full tang, and are stylishly curved not only to feel good but look more contemporary. And, for a spot of color, the red Zwilling logo is permanently embedded in one side. Like all premium knives from Zwillings J.A. Henckels, the upscale partner of Henckels International, the Twin Signature blades are Friodur ice-hardened, made from high-carbon, no-stain steel, and are laser-sharpened for a durable edge. Stamped rather than forged, the knives do not feature bolsters, which makes them lighter than most.
This 19-piece set includes just about every knife a home chef could want, as well as a set of eight steak knives (non-serrated), 2.5-Inch peeler, 4-Inch parer, 4.5-Inch utility, 5-Inch serrated utility, 6-Inch utility, 8-Inch chef, 7-Inch Santoku hollow edge, 8-Inch bread knife, kitchen shears, 9-Inch sharpening steel, bamboo storage block and (8) steak knives. Made in Germany, the knives are covered by a lifetime warranty, and, while dishwasher-safe, Henckels recommends all fine knives should be washed and dried by hand immediately after use. --Ann Bieri
Top Customer Reviews
Zwilling J.A. are the brand that is made in Germany and the quality is amazing.
You do pay a little more for these knives but they will be able to perform any kitchen task you require.
The blades are a bit thinner than we're used to with knives, but they cut 10x better than any other brands we've used.
We are using a wall magnet strip instead of the block, but I highly suggest airing out the block if you do use it. It's very smelly from the wood stain.
-My god don't cut yourself, these things are sharp. After cutting through the fatty end of a grilled strip steak like it wasn't even there, I had to warn the kid not to kill herself. Seriously, they are sharp. Yes, we had a less than average set to begin with and that does affect the impression but these did not let my expectations down.
- Quality - You get what you pay for, simple as that. When I handled the three I used, steak knife, bread and Santoku, you can just feel how well they are put together. The handle was more comfortable than I thought it would be and nicer looking in hand. My wife really wanted the handle like Henkels International but we really like this. The blade is slightly flexible like some have said but my god, what are some people expecting for a set at $329 dollars? It is not like they are so flexible to be anything negative in my opinion and I think the drama queens need to slow down on that one. When I put pressure on the blade, I didn't get anything crazy regarding blade movement.
First impression is nice, we will see where it ends up after some real use.
-It would have been nice to have some variance in the block color. Sure, we can stain it something else but why not just offer it as an option?
-We kept the slips for all the knives to keep part numbers, just in case we wanted to add some more steak knives for those party nights. Why no documentation explaining what you have? We cut the list off the box as well to make sure we never lost track. Yes, you can also look at the knives as the part number is there but not if that knife disappears magically.
-The block has the extra slot for a cleaver and that we like, but there doesn't seem to be a spot for the pearing knife. I would rather not keep a quality knife rattling around in a drawer that people open and slam. Protect the investment.
Overall, good product for the money. I would tell others to buy these, but I don't feel I will have to after they use ours.
The knives ship with the block in one box from the manufacturer. There is some assembly required as each knife is individually wrapped. Csme with a sharpener. There are actually 9 steak knives as the utility knife is indeed replaced by a steak knife as other reviews mentioned.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Also how about an option to buy the cleaver?Read more