Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Four Star II 8-Inch Scalloped Bread Knife
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 8-inch scalloped bread knife with a razor-sharp edge for cutting breads
- Friodur ice-hardened blade precision-forged from a single piece of stainless steel
- Enhanced bolster and full-tang design; ergonomic polypropylene handle
- Stainless-steel end cap; washing by hand recommended; made in Germany
- Measures approximately 13-3/4 by 3/4 by 1-1/4 inches; limited lifetime warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Chefs Corner Store||Chef's Arsenal/Market Warehouse||MMP Living||MySecretPantry||MMP Living||MMP Living|
|Item Dimensions||1 x 13 x 1 in||2.8 x 16.5 x 1.5 in||2.64 x 16.54 x 1.25 in||1.5 x 12.75 x 0.75 in||3 x 16 x 4 in||2.5 x 10 x 18.5 in|
|Material Type||High Carbon Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||High Carbon Stainless Steel|
With a razor-sharp edge, this 8-inch scalloped bread knife works great for cutting breads, including rustic French bread with the tough outer crust. The knife features a Friodur ice-hardened blade precision-forged from a single piece of high-carbon stainless steel and crafted to hold its edge for a long time. In addition, the bread knife's enhanced bolster and full-tang design makes for a stronger, more balanced knife, while its ergonomic polypropylene handle provides maximum comfort. The detail of the new stainless-steel cap on the end of the handle with the Twin logo stamp provides an update to a Henckels classic. For best results, wash the knife by hand using a mild cleanser and dry completely. Made in Germany, the 8-inch bread knife measures approximately 13-3/4 by 3/4 by 1-1/4 inches and carries a limited lifetime warranty.
From the Manufacturer
|J. A. Henckels is proud to celebrate its 275th anniversary with its newest knife line--Twin Four Star II. This new line represents the rebirth of a legend, the classic Four Star series, which was first introduced in 1976. Twin Four Star II knives have an improved weight and balance, as well as a host of other features, making them ideal for both home and professional chefs. The Four Star II line contains knives for all tasks, including the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, boning knife, Kudamono parer, sandwich, fillet, carver, chefs, slicer, santoku, and others. Twin Four Star II knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets, to be sure that your cutlery needs are covered.|
A New Standard in Knife Construction
Twin Four Star II knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Twin Four Star II knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Twin Four Star II knives use J.A. Henckels's Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention.
An Enhanced Handle for Easier Use
|Twin Four Star II knives have an enhanced handle design that features a stainless-steel end cap with the famous Zwilling J.A. Henckels logo. These high-impact polypropylene handles are permanently bonded to the knife blades without any gaps. The new series also features improved weight and balance for improved cutting performance.|
- Sigmaforge one-piece precision-forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser-controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full rat-tail tang: Provides proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Nonstaining, nonrusting.
- Hand honed: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Polypropylene handles with stainless-steel logo cap on handle: Bonded with seamless accuracy, these comfortably molded handles are hygienic (autoclavable) and food-safe.
- Dishwasher-safe: Easy care (though hand washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Build quality: The steel used to construct this knife is excellent quality with high strength. There is some minor lateral flex in the blade however this hasn't caused uneven cuts. This is likely because of the thinness of the blade so I consider this a positive. When compared to other high quality knife sets such as Wusthof, this knife is noticeably higher quality build and feel in the hand.
2) Balance: The knife is well balanced with a center of gravity where the blade meets the shaft. It makes it easy to slice through thick breads.
3) Cutting ability: there isn't any crust that this blade can't cut through. Even my thick crusted french bread isn't really a problem. My old Wusthof had trouble slicing the lower crust margin. I cut my own sandwich bread at 1/3" without too much difficulty. I haven't tried this on meats but I imagine it would work well for cutting thick boneless meats.
1) Price: this is an expensive knife but as with most things that aren't heavily marketed you get what you pay for. This knife should last a long time if cared for appropriately
2) Point: The point on this blade is sharp! I have already punctured my counter and hand. I haven't had any problems with the blade sticking into the wooden holder as other reviewers have noted. I wish the manufacture would have rounded this point. I can't seem to find a logical reason for this pointed end especially if this is made for cutting bread.
3) Length: This knife, while advertised as 8" long, has only around 7" of usable cutting surface. This should cover most of your breads though.
Extra Care: Do not put this in the dishwasher as this can cause rusting and breakdown of the handle as well as chips in the cutting surface. This is of course true with all steel knives despite stainless alloys. Always dry this knife before returning to holder to prevent water corrosion.
Most recent customer reviews
Henckels never let you down and will last a life time.
Dishwasher cleans great without rusting so far - I highly recommend this knife - worth...Read more