Other Sellers on Amazon
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Four-Star II 8-Inch Chef's Knife
|Price:||$94.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 8-inch chef's knife with razor-sharp edge for slicing, dicing, and chopping
- Friodur ice-hardened blade precision-forged from a single piece of stainless steel
- Enhanced bolster and full-tang design; ergonomic polypropylene handle
- Stainless-steel end cap; washing by hand recommended; made in Germany
- Measures approximately 12-3/4 by 3/4 by 1-1/4 inches; limited lifetime warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Four-Star II 8-Inch Chef's Knife
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||AB**Savings||Amazon.com||MMP Living||Amazon.com|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Carbon Steel|
|Item Weight||0.95 pounds||0.54 pounds||0.7 pounds||0.61 pounds|
|Size||8 Inch||8 Inch||8 Inch||8 Inch|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
|J.A. Henckels is proud to celebrate its 275th anniversary with its newest knife line--Twin Four Star II. This new line represents the rebirth of a legend, the classic Four Star series, which was first introduced in 1976. Twin Four Star II knives have an improved weight and balance, as well as a host of other features, making them ideal for both home and professional chefs. The Four Star II line contains knives for all tasks, including the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, boning knife, kudamono parer, sandwich, fillet, carver, chefs, slicer, santoku, and others. Twin Four Star II knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets, to be sure that your cutlery needs are covered.|
A New Standard in Knife Construction
Twin Four Star II knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Twin Four Star II knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Twin Four Star II knives use J.A. Henckels's Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention.
An Enhanced Handle for Easier Use
|Twin Four Star II knives have an enhanced handle design that features a stainless-steel end cap with the famous Zwilling J.A. Henckels logo. These high-impact polypropylene handles are permanently bonded to the knife blades without any gaps. The new series also features improved weight and balance for improved cutting performance.|
- Sigmaforge one-piece precision-forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser-controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full rat-tail tang: Provides proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon, no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Nonstaining, nonrusting.
- Hand honed: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Polypropylene handles with stainless-steel logo cap on handle: Bonded with seamless accuracy, these comfortably molded handles are hygienic (autoclavable) and food-safe.
- Dishwasher-safe: Easy care (though hand washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.
contains sharp object
Top Customer Reviews
The blade is nice and stiff. There's a good amount of clearance between the blade and the handle so your hands don't hit the cutting board when cutting vegetables.
It has a real quality, solid feel to it. The blade holds a good edge. Just hone it with a steel before use and it cuts great.
- The factory grind is no good, the blade cutting edge was ground wavy. When I chop the wavy parts keep food from being cut completely even when fully rocked and even slid forward and back. The nub on the rear of the blade is also sticking too far down to allow the knife to complete contact with the cutting board. This will need to be reshaped/sharpened properly for it to work correctly.
- Still prefer my hollow edge Santoku's for most veggie cutting.
- I originally ordered this on Amazon using the vendor AmericanBargain. It was an awful experience! They sent me a completely different knife which cost much less than what I had ordered. Not a big deal, but then it took nearly a month to get my money back, having to bug them every week to keep processing my refund! Ridiculous that Amazon would even allow them to sell here. I ended up going to BBB with 20% off and paying a few $ more for the same thing. I'll never buy another product from AmericanBargain on Amazon again!
Overall, happy with the knife, I have nearly the entire series now, woohoo! A bit bummed the factory grind was so bad, but that can be fixed.
I went to immediatly use it in the kitchen and had no problems whatsoever. I looked everywhere on amazon to find the best knife for my job and kept coming back to the Twin 4 star 2 edition. The handle is far more comfortable then there previous models wich is some type of metal base. It is also perfectaly balanced. This will make a great edition to anyone that need a good quality, dependable,long-lasting knife.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
For the family was in the kitchen cooking a gift to his wife to work hard.
With this gift we will have time to cook and enjoyable.
I have two of these knives, and they are truly the best! I started giving them as gifts.Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
So far I like it since I spent so much money on it, it is nice quality. hope it will work fine for long time.Published 11 months ago by online-buyer
Can’t speak of the other line of knives Zwiller makes, but the Four Star ll series are the best kitchen knives I have ever owned. Read morePublished on April 8, 2013 by Chaz
This was for a gift, but my husband loves it! It motivated him to cook even more.lol! Great purchase! Txs!Published on January 17, 2013 by riverita
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated chef's knives in our Chef's Knife Reviews.