Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Four Star 5.5 Inch Hollow Edge Santoku
|Price:||$75.11 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$4.88 (6%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Four Star knife 5.5-inch hollow-edge santoku knife
- Friodur ice-hardened, high-carbon, no-stain steel blade
- Scallops along blade reduce friction to create ultra-thin slices
- Seamless polypropylene handle feels comfortable and is very hygienic
- Made in Germany; wash by hand; lifetime warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Four Star 5.5 Inch Hollow Edge Santoku
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Four Star 7" Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Four Star 6" Santoku Knife
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Signature 7-Inch Hollow Edge Santoku
J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
TUO Cutlery Damascus Santoku Knife 5.5" - Japanese 67 Layers VG-10 Damascus Steel with Case - Ring Series
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Black||Polished High Carbon Steel||Black||Steel||Multicolor||Black and Red|
|Item Dimensions||2.5 x 14.5 x 1 in||2.7 x 16.6 x 1.4 in||2.5 x 16.5 x 1 in||3 x 16 x 4 in||4 x 16 x 1 in||1.54 x 10.2 x 0.01 in|
J.A. Henckels Four Star 5" Hollow Edge Santoku is the perfect size asian style knife. The hollow edge allows for paper-thin slices and keeps food from sticking to the blade.
The Four Star santoku pairs a sharp, Friodur ice-hardened blade with a seamless, ergonomic black polypropylene handle. Scallops along the edge of the high-carbon, no-stain steel blade reduce friction during slicing by creating air pockets and thus result in paper-thin slices. The blade maintains a sharp edge for ages and sharpens with ease. While the blades of Four Star knives are the same as those of the Five Star series, the former feature a straighter handle with a distinct heel.
Nicely balanced and relatively lightweight, this particular five-inch santoku from upmarket Zwilling J.A. Henckels makes a superb gift for any home chef who enjoys Asian cooking. Made in Germany, the knife, though dishwasher-safe, is best washed by hand and is covered by Henckels' lifetime warranty. --Ann Bieri
From the Manufacturer
|First introduced in 1976, the Four Star® Series is one of the world's most popular knife lines. Four Star® knives were designed and developed in close cooperation with renowned professional chefs. The result was a fully forged knife with a unique molded handle. The Four Star® line contains knives for all tasks, and includes the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, chefs, granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Four Star® knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets.|
A Higher Standard in Knife Construction
Four Star® knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Four Star® knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Four Star® knives use J.A. Henckels Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention.
It's All in The Grip:
|The Four Star® series features high impact polypropylene handles that are permanently bonded to the knife blades without any gaps. These comfortable handles are break-proof, sanitary, and colorfast. In addition, the super bolster provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.|
- SIGMAFORGE 1-piece, precision forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full rat-tail tang: Provides a proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Non-staining, non-rusting.
- Hand, precision honed blade: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Bonded polypropylene handles: Comfortable molded handles and food safe
- Dishwasher safe: Easy care (Although hand-washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.