ZyXEL 300 Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Firewall VPN Router (VFG6005n)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Sort the software, documentation and hardware and provide media and documentation for customer records
- Inventory the hardware to make sure that all required accessories are included
- Dress cables to conform to customer datacenter standards
- Connect the power supply
- Connect the firewall to the local network and the WAN port (MODEM configuration is not supported)
- Run the setup wizard and populate the selections with customer provided network configuration
- Verify default network connectivity with the customer's NOC, or Internet access
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Integrated 300Mbps Wireless N with Dual SSID support
- 5 Gigabit Ports - 1 WAN, 4 LAN for multiple PCs or server networking
- 32 IPSec VPN Tunnels / 16 PPTP VPN Tunnels for secure remote user access
- Mobile 3G WAN Support for WAN Failover and Fallback
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The VFG6005n is a small yet powerful VPN Firewall Gateway for the small/home office. Protect your network from outside threats with the VFG6005n SPI Firewall that can automatically block Denial of Service, spoofing attacks and even applications that can pose a security risk to your outgoing data. IPSec and PPTP VPN support allow you flexibility in using either enterprise grade IPSec VPN Client software or Window's built in VPN Client so you can create a secure remote connection to your network, accessing it from anywhere on the road. VPNC certification guarantees compatibility with existing VPN equipment to create secure Site-to-Site tunnels between branch offices. Lightning fast Firewall and NAT performance ensures that the VFG6005n series will not be the bottleneck of your Internet connection as it can support up to 75 times the speed of the average ISP service plan. 300Mbps Wireless N using a 2x2 MIMO antenna design maximizes the speed and coverage of your small office or home office without the cost of deploying additional APs. Having a cost effective VPN firewall gateway in today's challenging economy will allow you to keep business running as usual without the added expense.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Then there's the complete bottleneck that this router will put on your network. I have a 200MB internet connection coming into my home, and 5 rooms hard-wired with Cat6 cable. Every device on the network is gigabit compatible. With this router/firewall in place and ALL the bandwidth restrictions turned off, I could only muster about a 20-30MB internet speed. I swapped the router out with a different brand N router with roughly the same specs and features, I magically get 175-180MB speeds now.
I must say that I bought this as a refurbished unit, so that could have been the issue. Either way, I will not be keeping this router.
The port 53 issue is "fixable" by creating a rule to direct traffic on the wan port 53 to an internal IP address that has nothing assigned to it but you have to remember to never use that IP address then. Any firewall worth anything will let you close every port. As for the ping reply issue, there is a setting called ICMP protection in the firewall settings, one would assume turning that on would make the firewall not reply to pings, but it does not.
The "firewall" that is built into my D-Link DIR-825 router is better than this thing.
I purchased 2 of these routers for a customer looking for an affordable wireless router that had Site to Site VPN capability. They replaced a more expensive but featured limited netgear model. I have been using ZyXEL WAPS a lot lately and they have been working great so I though I would give this unit a try and I wasn't disappointed.
Install was simple, though the GUI isn't as polished as the latest netgear or linksys routers. Setup of NAT port maps was straightforward and worked as expected. Setup of the VPN was also pretty simple but I was a little confused by the GUI showing two red "lights" seemingly indicating the VPNs were not connected. In fact I couldn't find anywhere in the GUI that shows the status of the Site to Site VPN connections. I had to run a ping to the remote subnet to ensure everything was working. Overall I would say I am happy with the device considering the price.
Simple to setup
More options than standard "home" routers
Site to Site VPN works great
No static DHCP control
GUI basic, no very polished
No indication VPN is connected
Can't find firmware updates (though no need for one)
Quiet, fast, well constructed.