Zyliss Easy Slice 2 Folding Mandoline
|Price:||$49.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Efficient design allows mandoline to fold up¿taking less space in the kitchen
- Four slicing thicknesses, plus french fry cutter
- Easy-to-use dial makes alternating between 4 slicing thicknesses a breeze
- Compact vegetable and fruit slicer for quick and consistent slices every time
- Easily removable slicing surface is top rack dishwasher safe
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The directions that come with the Easy Slice 2 Folding Mandoline are very brief and clear, but be sure to read them carefully when it comes to how to turn the dial for stowing away the julienne blades. Zyliss USA also has an instructional usage video/ad on their website for this gadget, which can be useful if you've never used a similar item.
I haven't tried to use this mandoline for anything beyond hard veggies and citrus, but the results I have obtained have been great. I had trouble initially since I wasn't sure what was the best orientation to stick fruits and veggies with different shapes, sizes, and textures into the included food holder, but that's something you experiment with and I think may be required of all mandolines and v-slicers. Originally I gave up on using the food holder, thinking it to be too bothersome since I couldn't get things to stick properly to the food holder prongs. But after several near accidents, I decided it was necessary since I didn't have a cut-resistant butcher's or filleting glove lying around. Another thing one needs to learn through experimentation is how much downward/sideways pressure to apply in order to cut food smoothly with the mandoline.
The food holder can hold round and more elongated objects, and the way it's designed it doesn't waste much food.Read more ›
Still determined to find one that worked, after doing my research I chose the Zyliss because I've yet to try something from the Swiss manufacturer that doesn't perform as promised. And I happily have to say that I'm not disappointed. The Zyliss is, indeed, a dream to handle. The instructions are clear and concise (I never needed to watch the DVD that comes with it), so putting this mandoline to work takes all of 30 seconds, especially if you've already used a mandoline before -- if you haven't, I advise you to read the instructions (and watch the DVD), familiarize yourself with its parts and test-drive a few potatoes.
Here are, in my opinion, its strong points:
* Very simple to set up and use.
* No moving parts that need to be inserted or removed for any function. Everything in the Zyliss is built into it (except the holder, which is par for the course), and it's all a matter of rotating a dial.
* Safe, especially in comparison with the German nightmare. However, if you don't pay attention to what you're doing, and don't follow the instructions, you can get cut (same as with a mishandled knife or anything with a cutting blade).
* Extremely easy to clean.
* Takes up very little storage space.
* Does exactly what it is supposed to do: slices chips in several different thicknesses, and juliennes as well.
* Does the job fast and precisely, and requires no strength to handle.
I am completely satisfied with this product, and my sister will get one for Christmas!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works fine at first, and the fold up eases storage. Problem now, after a few years, is the blade has dulled and there seems no replacement available. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Maubee
Works great & folds for compact storage.
Blade can be tricky to remove when new
good quality, works well but DO NOT use without guard!Published on August 11, 2014 by Amazon Customer
SLICES AND DICES AND IS GREAT SO YOU DON'T CHOP YOUR FINGERS ON THE CUTTING BOARD, MAKE SURE TO GET ONEPublished on April 16, 2014 by robert
I have had this mandoline for several years and recently purchased others for my sister and mother in law. The blades have remained sharp throughout much use. Read morePublished on January 20, 2014 by Bano
I've only had the opportunity to use this mandoline twice so far, but it works very well. It's been years since I've used one so I'm still getting used to it.Published on January 2, 2014 by Marianne Smith
I tried this rig just recently to slice potatoes. It works with a little effort. I bought this slicer on recommendation from Consumer Reports. Don't expect much for the price. Read morePublished on December 7, 2013 by Jackpine
I bought a microwave chip maker and needed 1/32" slices. Easy? No. could not cut with a knife that thin consistently. I read many, many reviews online of slicers. Whew. Read morePublished on November 8, 2013 by sharon kanoski