|Item Weight||3.59 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||12.5 x 9 x 4 inches|
|Item model number||103000/A|
|Batteries||5 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Power Source||Battery powered|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
abode Connected Home Security & Automation Starter Kit, Compatible with Alexa
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Professional grade security, self installable in minutes
- Wireless - each abode sensor pairs to your abode gateway using secure, wireless technology making installation a breeze.
- Secure - abode leverages professional grade technologies like cellular and battery backup to keep your home secure
- Mobile - Works with Apple ios and select Android devices
- Starter kit includes everything you need to get up and running including 1 Gateway, 2 Door/Window Sensors, 1 Remote KeyFob, and 1 Motion Sensing Camera.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Items from popular brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
SimpliSafe 8 Piece Wireless Home Security System - Optional 24/7 Professional Monitoring - No Contract - Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
ADT DIY LifeShield 13-Piece Easy, DIY Smart Home Security System - Optional 24/7 Monitoring - No Contract - Wi-Fi Enabled - Alexa Compatible
Honeywell Smart Home Security Starter Kit
SimpliCam 24/7 HD Security Camera
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||ADT Home Security||Sapphire Tech||R3lativity|
|Item Dimensions||12.50 x 9.00 x 4.00 inches||12.13 x 4.44 x 12.38 inches||18.25 x 11.13 x 8.25 inches||7.30 x 3.60 x 3.60 inches||3.00 x 3.00 x 3.00 inches|
abode is a beautiful, easy to install, professional-grade security solution without the hassles of conventional security systems. The starter kit includes everything you need to get up and running including: 1 Gateway, 2 Door/Window Sensors, 1 Remote KeyFob, and 1 Motion Sensing Camera. abode gives your home a major upgrade by connecting to lights, locks, thermostats, garage door openers, and many other types of devices to allow you to automate and control them with ease.
From the Manufacturer
Check-in from anywhere.
The optional abode 720p streaming camera, integrates directly to the abode gateway to capture events as they happen. Securely live stream from anywhere in the world.
Grows with you.
Designed for both home owners and renters, abode grows with you as your needs change. Connect over 150 devices to protect and automate studio apartments to larger homes.
Powerful today. Compatible tomorrow.
One of the most powerful home hubs, the abode gateway is software upgradeable and supports ZigBee, Z-Wave, abodeRF, and popular connected home devices.
Leveraging extensive backgrounds in professional security paired with the innovation of our Silicon Valley team has allowed us to provide real security made real simple.
Describe your product in 3 words.
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
Our team has a diverse background spanning traditional professional security companies, startups, and innovative software companies. We set out to completely change the home security business model by building beautiful hardware you would be proud to own, get rid of long term and inflexible contracts, and design easy to use software to put you first.
What makes your product special?
abode is the first professional-grade home security system that can be easily installed. With true-security features like battery backup, 3G cellular backup, and professional monitoring from a UL-Listed center, your home will always be protected. We also give you ultimate flexibility by enabling on-demand monitoring in 3-day, 7-day, and 30-day increments and provide an extremely powerful home automation platform to put your security system to work for you.
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
We have uncompromising standards and have been extremely thrilled at the reception and feedback that we've received from new customers and industry veterans alike. Reinventing an industry that hasn't innovated in decades has been extremely rewarding for our global team.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It was my first time setting up a security system, so I can't compare the experience to others, but it went smoothly. Depending on the type of trim around your door, it's possible you will have to improvise a bit to get the sensor and the magnet of the door contact sensor to be close enough (1" is the maximum separation). While the instructions on the app were adequate for setting it up, I found it useful to read through the support articles on available on Abode's website.
I wish the icons on the remote key fob were more intuitive as to which button corresponds to which action.
Update 2/6/17: Since I've had the system, there have been several updates to the app that increases its functionality. My favorite update is the widget, which lets you arm/disarm the system without launching the app. However, I've noticed that sometimes there is a lag and the system does not update. I'd recommend refreshing the widget to make sure you're in the mode you want. I like how it integrates with IFTTT to control my ecobee3 thermostat.
Update 5/12/17: I noticed that the one of my door sensor magnets had become detached. I would recommend occasionally checking the adhesion of the sensors and replacing them with 3M command strips, which seem more long-lasting than the tape that comes orignally with the Abode sensors. Otherwise, the system is working fine but the frequency of updates seem to have slowed (no app update since 3/3/17).
Update 10/22/17: The system has been working well for the most part. I am on the professional monitoring plan. Our Z-wave smoke detector had a false alert, and when I didn't disable the alarm quickly enough, I got a call from the monitoring company. Although it was a false alarm, it was reassuring that I received a phone call. Note that the only way to confirm your identity is with the pin code you set, so don't forget it in a panic .
In a recent update, Abode integrated Ecobee control directly into the app, which is very useful.
An ongoing concern for me has been that due to their small size, their customer service has not the best at communicating issues to customers. During past outages, I've had to go to Twitter/Reddit to find that my gateway going offline was not an isolated issue. However, it sounds like they are aware of customer discontent with their communication style and have promised to improve. For the most recent outage caused by system maintenance, they both emailed and sent a push notification to my phone.
- Easy installation.
- Siren is plenty loud.
- You can start small, then add a wide variety devices to the system.
- They even support a limited number of external devices. That's fantastic. I'd like to see more!
- Geofencing works great on my iPhone X (so far). It always triggers promptly at the border of the designated neighborhood.
- The system is very responsive. I have seen no hiccups so far (only a week of use though). This creates a peace of mind that the system does its job.
- The (limited) home automation capability is welcomed.
- It is compatible with "Home Assistant": This is the best feature in my opinion. I can use the system mode, and door sensors to trigger home automation tasks. I can also control the system mode using HA.
- It is compatible with Alexa and Ecobee.
- Apparently, they are quick in releasing new features. Hopefully this continues.
- Self-monitoring using the phone app is free. I get prompt notification whenever a sensor/automation triggers.
- It's great to have the option of short-term professional monitoring for a fee.
- No monthly fee, when you choose the self-monitoring option.
- Their CEO is replying to people's reviews online. That's nice!
- You don't get much hardware for the money you pay.
- The add-on devices are more expensive than the competition.
- The door sensor and motion detect camera are needlessly bulky.
- The motion detect camera is low resolution.
- The motion detect sensor/camera cannot be used for home automation.
- Home automation capabilities, as well as 3rd party device compatibilities are limited.
- The iPhone app has limited capability. Many customizations are only possible on the web app.
All in all, I'm really happy with the Abode, and I hope they improve the ecosystem on a usual basis. It's one of the best DIY home security systems in the market right now.