Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Travel Accessories Shop Popular Services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM
Customer Discussions > How I Became a Pirate forum

acclaimed historical books for kids and teens

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 19, 2008, 10:48:47 AM PST
lscollison says:
History and historical fiction has a bad name in certain circles. What a shame, since there are so many centuries to draw from. So many settings, so very many characters (most of them dead now, so we must speak for them, or bring to light forgotten words they once uttered or wrote.)

"How I Became a Pirate" is one such book. Let's hear about more favorite historicals for kids and young adults.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2008, 10:56:36 AM PST
Critical Eye says:
"Under the Black Flag" by noted British historian David Cordingly is great for saavy young readers, and adults young and old.

"Star-Crossed" is one that features a teenaged girl during the age-of-sail. The New York Public Library picked it to be among the BOOKS FOR THE TEEN AGE -- 2007.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jan 19, 2008
Latest post:  Jan 19, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
How I Became a Pirate
How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long (Hardcover - September 1, 2003)
4.7 out of 5 stars (291)