Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 597 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 635 reviews
on July 22, 2014
I purchased a Coleman 40 qt TE Cooler with Power Cord that plugs into the car 12V system. It works terrifically, but will drain a car battery in four hours if the engine isn't running, so I take the cooler into the hotel at night and keep everything cold by powering it with this power converter. It works terrifically
on April 21, 2014
I was happy to see that this adapter was available; Vector (the manufacturer) saw fit to only include a DC cord for the cooling function and an online battery that is able to be charged via the provided cord and a household AC socket. It is odd that they did not include this adapter as a part of the package. Although this adapter does what I expected and hoped it would (powering my cooler /warmer (heat pump)), it could stand to have a deeper socket. When I first plugged it in I thought it wasn't working. I had to fiddle with it a bit rotating and pushing the cooler's male plug end firmly into the socket of this device. Sometimes it comes loose, so I have to cajole it to go back to working. Once good contact is achieved it will pull the cooler down to the claimed 40+ degrees (Farenheit) below the ambient air's temperature. Back in the winter it once got down to 26 degrees, and it could hold 32 degrees quite readily. In hotter more humid times of the year it will cool the inside of the cooler down to about 40 degrees (give or take). I use it to keep cold stuff (mainly drinks) in my bedroom for convenience. Also, please note I have some old "blue ice" gel blocks; if I freeze these in the kitchen refrigerator it will not only help the cooler, but it will allow lower temperatures to be held longer.
on January 16, 2015
One reviewer (or someone from Bestek, perhaps) claimed this adapter can provide sufficient power for a portable car tire inflator/air compressor to inflate a car tire - not true. After connecting a common, standard portable tire Inflator/air compressor with cigarette lighter adapter to the Bestek AC to DC adapter, the compressor did not provide sufficient compressed air to inflate a car tire to 32 psi. By drawing power through the Bestek power adapter I am guessing the air compressor maybe able to inflate a tire up to 1-2 psi. The compressor works fine and was capable of inflating a tire up to 55 psi when connected directly to a car cigarette socket.
on January 31, 2015
Well, basically this allows you to use any car accessory in your home. I have a telescope that uses a cigarette adapter to power it's motors, and I have a battery system that has a cigarette lighter adapter as well,but for long nights of viewing, I need something like this that allows me just to use an outlet. So far it works great. Will change stars if it breaks down.
on March 15, 2016
The AC to DC adapter does what it is supposed to. I use it to run my thermoelectric cooler overnight to have cold drinks in the car on a road trip. It works very well. The 90 W power rating is OK. My thermoelectric cooler is rated at 75 W, the adapter at 90 W. Despite being within the power rating the adapter power brick got warm. If I had the option I would have purchased a 120 W adapter.

Aside (not related to review): For personal use I need to djin up a small current measuring cable to put between the outlet and the adapter so I can put an ammeter on it and test the actual current draw.
on April 21, 2017
I just got this and was waiting for it after just 1 day of it running my bait tank that I made like a charm I'm building another tank beings they only pull 1.7 amps two of them will be a breeze beings it puts out 7.5 amps now the saving of money and having bait right here at home.
on May 27, 2015
If you want your US Clippers to work overseas, buy this and BESTEK® Dual 110V AC Outlets and Dual USB 3.1A 300W Power Inverter Car DC 12V to 110V AC Inverter DC

I am Active Duty in the military and am currently deployed on my 8x tour, and I have always dealt with having problems with my Andis T-Outliners running extra loud.. It is because overseas they use a 50 freq (cycle) and the US clippers are 60 freq (cycle), so if you purchase this and the BESTEK Dual 110V AC Outlets and Dual USB 3.1A 300W Power Inverter Car DC 12V to 110V AC Inverter DC it will work!!! I saw that ebay and Amazon had similar items that are suppose to work for your clippers but they want 149.00... I bought the two items from Amazon and only paid 48.xx
on May 7, 2017
It is only the appearance from far away "Heavy duty appearance comes in handy", it gets hot just by connecting it to the AC power and it is just giant cellphone charger. Total waste of Money It would cost me more returning it than keep it as "door holder". AC to DC Adapter, BESTEK 100W Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Power Converter 12V/7.5A Adapter with 4.8A Dual USB Charging Ports
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2013
I bought this adapter on a hunch that my battery health was low. I needed something that could power a car-to-car charging system without the extra car. It does get the job done, but not without a bit of sacrifice on my end. But considering the price, I still feel I made a good decision. My battery did end up dying just before I received this, so I'm a little bitter about that (mostly towards myself for not ordering it sooner).

I bought this adapter as Used and with Super Saver shipping. When the product arrived, I was surprised to discover that the only thing qualifying it as Used was a dent in the box. It was still sealed exactly like a new one (and I know because I had also bought one New for a friend). That made me and my wallet very happy. I opened it up and found everything in there exactly as should be. It really draws 7.5 amps of current, as opposed to just 7. I decided to go and test it out for my purpose, with the help of an ACDelco Plug-2-Go car-to-car charging system that plugs into cigar sockets and a Neewer 12V/24V car battery digital voltage meter that also plugs into your cigar socket. This performed satisfactorily, and helped to recharge my battery from 12.2V up to 12.7V in just 20 minutes. HOWEVER, the Plug-2-Go's plug is bigger than normal, and the adapter's socket was smaller than normal. Thus, I had to hold the plug in place in the socket to keep it from popping out and thereby losing a charge. Considering the price, this was something I could overlook and deal with, and I figured I should probably stay with it anyway in case something went wrong. The voltage meter, however, fit in the adapter's socket without falling out, so...

So, really, if I could, I would give this 3.5/5 stars, but I can't...and 3.5 rounds up to 4. I do recommend this, but only if you are willing to deal with the possibility that what you put into the socket might not fit and that you may hafta hold it there.
I hope this review was helpful, and, if so, don't forget to vote me up!
on August 6, 2014
Bought this so that I could pump ip the kids pool with a car-adapter driven air
Pump. Did not work. Nothing appeared to be loose or rattling or broken, but when I turned on the pump, the motor just repetitively twitched rather than actually running.