Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM
With an adaptor, can you use USB devices such as a wireless mouse, USB memory stick, or external hard drive?
asked by William J Lindquist on February 3, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
The only thing that worried me was external HDDs that rely on USB power. I'm happy to say that it seems to work in my case with a USB 3.0 2TB WD My Passport. Transfer speed is not that great. about 20-25MB/sec to the internal drive and 10-12MB/sec to the 64GB SCDX MicroSD that was installed but that was to be expected.
J. Yuen answered on February 15, 2013
Comments (4) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Generally yes. I attached a Corded Keyboard via an OTG micro-USB adapter and it was recognized instantly. It immediately worked with a wifi dongle for my wireless Keyboard and Mouse too. As well as with my 32GB Flash drive. No issues at all.
When it comes to external Hard Drives or DVD players, that depends on how much power they need. If they have external power, then they should work perfectly OK. (some DVD players require power from 2 USB, obviously not an option with this Tablet).
Justin Time answered on February 7, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hey, I am searching more on this topic and the micro-USB port may work with what is called "USB OTG (On-The-Go) adapter".
GG answered on February 3, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have yet to recieve my adaptor (Mini-USB to Female standard) but it should work fine
David Kenzler answered on February 4, 2013

A
I tried it with a Toshiba 2.5" portable hard disk and it did power it up but apparently not enough to function properly, it wouldn't read the disk. A powered USB hub would be needed to ensure this would work.
Idahoser answered on September 12, 2014

A
[Deleted by the author on Feb 5, 2013 1:47:50 AM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product