Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "aden + anais serenity star” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 12% off the $89.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
aden + anais serenity star
- Feeding diary: records and displays the last time you started feeding and which side last fed from (if nursing)
- Sound machine: sound machine: plays 4 soothing sounds-two lullabies, a heartbeat and white noise
- Room temperature indicator: displays the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit and glows red, blue, or white if the room is above, below or at the ideal temperature
- Night light: emits a subtle soothing glow, perfect for middle-of-the-night feedings
- Clock: 12-hour AM/PM display
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
My favorite three features are:
--the nightlight. I love how much light it puts off without being so bright that it disrupts our girl's sleep.
--the thermometer. Our house is a ranch that varies widely in temperature from one side of the house to the other. I like that I can glance in to see if it's red or white (both which I consider to be fine - the range of being too warm is a bit conservative for the summer) and easily know what that our girl isn't too cold.
--the sound options. I don't use the white noise (because I find all white noise machines to be irritating) or heartbeat (because our girl hasn't been in the womb in months), but the music options are great and I like the option of 30 minutes, 60 minutes, or continuous play.
And a couple other things I like:
--the clock. I didn't have a clock in either of my older children's bedrooms as babies, and it's nice to have.
--the option of battery or plug-in for power. We've been used the battery power with the nightlight on perpetually, and it's holding up well so far. If it eats batteries, though, I'll just switch to using the power cord.
However, the price tag is steep for what you get.Read more ›
For $89 and the Aden + Anais brand I didnt think this product could flop. We are on our first night with it and I will be returning it. I would probably keep it if I had paid $40 for it. Quality is okay, not great. Clock and noise machine features are wonderful. The night light is a bust as its a glow to indicate the temperature of the room. There is no way to shut it off. My baby likes to sleep in complete darkness. Next are the buttons...They are very small, considering you'll be using this at night. They are located on the backside of the unit (and spread out) and are hard to navigate. I have very small fingers and had difficulty using them. The nursing log function is a nice idea, just difficult to use, again due to button sizes and position. The FREE iBabyLog app. I have downloaded on my iPhone suits my logging of feeds (sides and duration) better.
Good idea. Bad execution. Overpriced.
Item returned. I have since bought the Munchkin Sound Machine that also contains a night light and can be plugged in to the wall. It was definitely a better purchase to suit our needs, at a far less cost.
- feeding diary feature is useless since there are many apps these days which can keep full log of baby's feeding and other activities like sleeping, diaper change etc. Whenever she has to feed baby, it is not possible to keep looking for this gadget and feed the time. iPhone app comes very handy for that purpose. There is one by Similac which is very useful indeed.
- Time/clock is not visible from a few feet away due to small font size and weird color combination of black over dark blue lit screen.
- When used on AAA size batteries, it eats them very fast. When connected to power cable limits the positioning of this device.
- Nightlight feature is very distracting if you are trying to make your baby sleep because its light is very catchy and simulates his mind instead of relaxing. He keeps looking at it with eyes wide open instead of sleeping.
- There is no wall mount feature...seriously? So we have to either keep it near crib or changing station and in either case its usability goes down due to its distance from bed.
Overall, it is very inconvenient and poorly designed product with a high cost.
After 6 months of use, however, I am not thrilled with it. Here are the major problems:
1) The light is VERY bright-- I have to keep it covered at night, which completely defeats the purpose of having a clock.
2) The white noise is TERRIBLE. I have three white noise machines at home-- two more expensive Lectrofans (love 'em!) and one cheap SleepEasy. Both have very different sounds, but good quality. The Serenity Star, on the other hand, has a high-pitched static-y sound (which is exactly what you DON'T want for babies). I still had to go get another real white noise machine, which is ridiculous considering the price I paid for this. This was my biggest disappointment.
3) The darn thing is ridiculously top heavy! I can not tell you the number of times I have accidentally knocked it over while recording a feeding. A loud CRASH is not exactly conducive to a calm night feeding, which was the reason I was using this instead of bothering with a paper and pencil.
4) You can't display both the time of your last feeding and the temperature. You might know the approximate range (thanks to the color of the light), but if you want to know the temperature you have to figure out the correct button (which is on the back of the unit).
5) The functionality is not great. After a month or so of use it became second nature to record the feeding time or turn on the noise, but if I want to see the temperature, or change the kind of noise, or set the time, I have to turn it around and squint at the labels (or worse, dig out the manual).
Overall, the only thing that works here is the appearance (it is really pretty). Would not buy it again.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Everyone loves this! The baby, the parents, babysitters! It's a lot of fun and helps baby sleep. Need to check on adult version!Published 3 months ago by Southern Belle
It has a plug adaptor which i can not use in switzerland, i have been to three electriciy shops and they dont have an adaptor to fitPublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Cute and does the job but smaller and not as bright as I thought it might be.Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
I love almost everything about my star. It provides my daughter with white noise which helps her sleep and nap. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Jamie Coleman
the best thing ever for my children. it is bright enough to give some light to the room in the dark, it is great that has temperature feature so i can trust in my childrens' room(... Read morePublished 11 months ago by fethiye h. starmach
I was excited to get this as I had been trying to change my baby by the light of my iPhone on a night and this seemed like a great nightlight, coupled with white noise. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Hayley Rouse
Description is way better than it is. I like the temperature feature and the gentle night light it offers. Read morePublished 14 months ago by A. Crowe